Thread: WipEout Trinity (Concept - Ca. 2007)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Default WipEout Trinity (Concept - Ca. 2007)

I was dredging through my own comment history in search of something unrelated to the following, but I stumbled across a comment by Rob that mentioned WipEout Trinity, and a trailer or concept render that was created for it.
    [very slightly edited]
    To me the 2048 trailer looks like the unreleased WipEout Trinity concept trailer that Lee Carus and his team put together back in early 2007. Maybe the Bladerunner-esque pouring rain & neon city drop is Lee's "director's trademark", like Michael Bay's jangling keys and slow-motion of the ensemble cast walking towards the camera?

I'll ask him about it. Actually, I wonder if they'd ever release that WipEout Trinity concept video - the idea for the game was flawed, I think, but the rendered concept video was fantastic. To my mind it was like if Pixar chose to make a WipEout movie.
    Is this something that anyone has ever stumbled across online? The above comment makes it sound like the concept/trailer was something different than what eventually became HD/Fury (mentioned in another couple of posts by Rob that this was the working title)
    Rob, did you ever ask after the original concept trailer?
    Last edited by Lion; 22nd December 2017 at 10:12 AM.