Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection DLC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Default Wipeout Omega Collection DLC?

I noticed that game critics have criticized the Wipeout Omega Collection for its lack of new content being added, so one can only hope that the devs of XDev and Cool Beans are checking it out. If any, I do have track suggestions for them to upgrade them to full HD/4K like the tracks done their makeovers from the Fury DLC release, not just the original HD. And don't wanna add too much for them, either:

Tracks:

-De Konstruct
    -Gemini Dam
    -Vostok Reef
    -Blue Ridge
    -Citta Nuova
    -Khara Descent

And a new zone track, Karbonis V, as an homage from its reappearance from Wipeout Pure as a Zone track.

Features and Modes:

-Two Zone-ified skins Tigron and Van-Uber for Zone Battle, Zone and Detonator
    -Countdown (timed or lapped, players in last place are eliminated and the last player standing wins; being eliminated from inflicting damage by weapons still count)
    -Regenerative shield for Pure Racing so it could be fair game
    -Cockpit view, each having their own HUDs from different ships
    -Allow players to listen their own songs without Spotify (as Spotify is apparently restricted only in the US)

Hope the guys at XDev and Cool Beans take into consideration in giving the Omega COllection its very first official DLC!

But why turn this content into a freaking DLC when it would provide a great fundation for an entirely new game, which we’ve all been yearning for, both players and actors of the industry?

It would be a huge wasted opportunity. Your ideas of content are great, but they need to be a new game, NOT a DLC.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

As much i want a DLC i think it's best that sony works on a new game for now. As for what critics said, it has always been advertised as a remaster. Nowadays, most remasters just increases the resolution and frame rate and that's all. Omega offered QoL features, 2 new ships, improved textures, 1080/60 fps 2048 & some annoying bug fixes.

I do wish they did make the 4 zone tracks playable in SR, TT & SL, as they work perfectly in HD but just needs textures, 2048 reversible tracks & the white skin ship from 2048 zone to work on all game modes in 2048

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'd personally prefer that if they made a new game, it'd consist of entirely new tracks. The HD Fury ones are great, but they're 10-12 years old already.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I want a change of pace. We are stuck in these FX350 and 400 days for years now...

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Yeah we really need a new title. I don't want Pure and Pulse's content to become the next The Elder Rehash Skyrim. They're exhausted.