Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I almost never used to play WipEout in first person. I liked how it looked, but I couldn't race well with it.

But VR changes everything.

Being able to look into corners is nothing short of revolutionary. It has improved my racing immensely almost instantly! I hit Mach 1.5 on my first Zone mode attempt in VR, with 4 perfect laps. And even on the easier tracks, I couldn't seem to manage that normally! Being able to look into corners has completely changed my play style for Detonator, too. It's SO MUCH EASIER to line up my shots!

I can't wait to get home and keep playing. I'm quite simply floored. I've loved every minute of it so far!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

There is a little comfort for those who don't have a VR headset. The new VR ship is actually possible to race with. Select the VR ship below the ordinary chrome skin. You will see a padlock. Press up and X almost exactly at the same time, but press up slightly before X. The screen shifts to the chrome skin but the VR ship is still selected. Works in HD Race, Zone Battle, Detonator and 2048 Race and Zone but only for the VR ships directly below the ordinary non-VR ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    There is a little comfort for those who don't have a VR headset. The new VR ship is actually possible to race with. Select the VR ship below the ordinary chrome skin. You will see a padlock. Press up and X almost exactly at the same time, but press up slightly before X. The screen shifts to the chrome skin but the VR ship is still selected. Works in HD Race, Zone Battle, Detonator and 2048 Race and Zone but only for the VR ships directly below the ordinary non-VR ships.
    Can confirm, it works.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I knew I wanted it
    didn't know till now that I needed it.

I am leaving for work now but am very anxious to get home and try more of this.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Mikahail View Post
    Can confirm, it works.
    Lol, I'm surprised this works. They said it's designed for VR, but then the glitch shows its fully playable without any issues. smh

Still, you can't use cockpit view, only far, close & internal. And you can only glitch it on HD ships.

Because of this glitch, internal view is fully playable, no screen shaking while doing barrel rolls. You can now compete with other views.

Some of the new ships are cool, like piranha prototype. Van uber also looks cool now

Internal is pretty fun to fly with now

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Does the game feel slower after the update or is it just me?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

What do you mean by slower - lower framerate? Or do you feel the speed in a certain speed class is lower than before? Didn't notice anything so far...

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Rapier didnt feel like Rapier.

mine turns on, then you can hear the menu screen but cannot see it, any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

All feels pretty normal to me.

Just have to say, I am SO hyped right now - the whole internet is buzzing with wipEout VR, reddit is flooding with enthusiastic reports! This could be the push to finally bring wipEout back into the limelight and make Sony see that this franchise NEEDS to come back big time!
    Reinstate Studio Liverpool, bring back the original designers, LETS GO!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by Knux_Chaotix View Post
    Rapier didnt feel like Rapier.
    I need to get home and play more to work out if this is just the effect of VR or if the game is actually slower. I have done one race so far in VR, on Anulpha Pass at Rapier. It felt like Flash.

ok, I got it working for no apparent reason. HD was pretty incredible in first person, never felt anything like that playing a game before. I havent locked to the pilot yet, but I didnt like first person in normal mode before because of that anyway. Third person played alot like the 3D mode on the ps3, but the ships were huge. There was alot blur on this mode on turns making my head hurt. 2048 was pretty good, the drrops on Downtown were really well done. I almost threw up and had to stop when I played Sol. It was pretty amazing though, that crazy drop and the ups and downs.

- - - Updated - - -

Lion.......Its because of the crazy up close view, its still moving just as fast. my lap times were close when I managed to not hit walls. I oversteered alot, but getting used to it shouldnt be too bad given time.

COCKPIT VIEW: The view just changed. the top and sides of the cockpit are solid now, they used to be see through (glass I think). I could see way more when I first played
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 29th March 2018 at 03:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

The game doesn’t launch with supersampling mode on.
    Gives you CE-34878-0 error.

It wasnt that, I checked it, I think I was probably out of range because it majically started working. The funny thing is that I got that error, even though super sampling was off

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Maybe it’s random then. But two VR games weren’t working with this option on yesterday in my case.

I believe you for sure, its just that mine was off. maybe the system still thought it was on? not sure

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I find the options for PSVR users frustratingly unclear - I still don't know what some of them do. But I turned on anything that looked like it might be more inclined to cause motion sickness or increase a sense of speed. It still didn't make me motion sick (I just played for 2 straight hours) and either it feels faster now or I have made the necessary mental adjustments.

I immediately set a new personal best zone score on Anulpha Pass on my first VR attempt, and spent some time sorting out races where I had previously managed to get stuck and only had a lower level gold medal. Now they are elite golds. VR really seems to make piloting come more naturally.

The single biggest difference for me is pathfinding on vertical bends. Moa Therma and Metropia each have me looking up a bunch for pathfinding, Moa Therma in particular feels like I really don't wanna go back now... VR transforms that track. And just head movement in general makes it easier to spot mines and bombs. I'm not finding myself looking hard left/right at neighbouring craft very frequently, but it feels cool when you do. Something else that feels cool is tailgating someone - the engine wash effect is really pronounced, and honestly I don't remember noticing it before at all. Can someone who has played the regular game more recently than me comment on whether that's always been a thing?

One side-point... The cockpit is set up basically mirrored. Why?
    The pilot's left hand is on the stick, and right hand is on the throttle (HOTAS style) but this is the opposite way around to normal. I thought maybe it could be because the left stick on a dualshock is used for pitch/roll, but those are thumb sticks so it's a bit of a reach to say it's for immersion. Right now it just looks wrong whenever I look down that far. While I'm on that topic... I keep wishing the player model moved, too... tilt the stick to the left when I move the thumbstick to the left. I can understand why something like this wasn't done (a lot of effort for a low priority nicety) but it would definitely fall into my nice-to-haves

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Due to this update and the GTS one, i am actually already running to my retailer lmao

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Can't figure out what are the new 3 ships they've added in this update. All I see is that the design of all ships is different from non-VR game due to the necessity to remove anything in front of a cockpit. All HD & Fury ships are like Assegai construction wise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

These are the three new ships. A 2048 VR ship, a HD and a Fury VR ship. All with the same body, but varying liveries.
    I'm glad you can adjust the cam in the options.

It's amazing, for this game alone all this money was worth it!
    But at least at first, I'm about to throw up XD