Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

VR patch is dropping THIS WEEK - see you all online!

Care to share your source?

Edit: don’t bother, I’ll do it for you
    https://playfront.de/wipeout-omega-collection-vr/
    +
    https://twitter.com/jonnymack74/stat...llection-vr%2F
    Last edited by AdHoc; 27th March 2018 at 01:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Oh, so it's semi-official now, too. Nice.
    Not my source, but works as well

awesome, pretty psyched about this

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

VR patch is now available!

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Just had a quick look in general on this update, even if I'm not an owner of PS:VR..

The bug that causes to play on D class on 2048 is still possible, also Piranha Speed on A+ is still slower than the rest of ships even if it should be the fastest.. I don't know if this is done on purpose or it is a bug.

Well anyway, if you find new bugs or notice something has been fixed, just post it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD
    Guys, those thousands of hours playing all the different wipEouts through the years on a screen were just to prepare us for THIS. I only just realized. We have never even TASTED the true wipEout feeling before today.

I am utterly blown away. And I have played quite a lot of VR games before this. Nothing compares.

Wow.
    See you in the Matrix.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Seriously , l would love to buy one but l will borrow my nephew vr first hopefully this week before l will decide.

Stevie ☺

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

WipEout in VR is damn near everything I hoped it could be.

The devs should be DAMN proud!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Sorry, I've been out of the loop. What are the three new ships they mention?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I'm disappointed with this patch, i don't think much was fixed at all. Region lists is still a thing, sol is not playable on lower classes, and other things..

The UI SIze during level category section during campaign is weird, why did they move that? same with ship selection, the ships shouldnt be shown during non VR mode.

the ships look alright i guess, now if there was only a pure cosmetic option to play with those ships with the exact same stats in non-vr...

Sucks that this game will probably never be fixed now

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's a 5.445 GB download for this update for those that might need to know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    I'm disappointed with this patch, i don't think much was fixed at all. Region lists is still a thing, sol is not playable on lower classes, and other things..

The UI SIze during level category section during campaign is weird, why did they move that? same with ship selection, the ships shouldnt be shown during non VR mode.

the ships look alright i guess, now if there was only a pure cosmetic option to play with those ships with the exact same stats in non-vr...

Sucks that this game will probably never be fixed now
    Are you really surprised ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

The VR ships are exact copies of the non-VR ships, stats-wise, so there would be no benefit in playing them non-VR.
    As for the other bugs: let's just hope that somehow this game gets a little more attention by the casual masses due to being a good VR showcase - if enough people start playing, maybe we have a chance to see a future patch with bugfixes.
    Anyway, there's nothing gamebreaking there imo.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    The VR ships are exact copies of the non-VR ships, stats-wise, so there would be no benefit in playing them non-VR.
    As for the other bugs: let's just hope that somehow this game gets a little more attention by the casual masses due to being a good VR showcase - if enough people start playing, maybe we have a chance to see a future patch with bugfixes.
    Anyway, there's nothing gamebreaking there imo.
    doubt it, the game is 10 months old now, these things should been fixed since release.

Now if PS+ version ever comes, i bet there will be thousands of confused people with the region list, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's a 5.445 GB download for this update for those that might need to know

- - - Updated - - -

Are you really surprised ?
    with this wait, i guess not lol

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

My HT amp has decided to crap out on me.....Timing [ You Bastard].....I can still play the game, but without Surround, in VR, well that's difficult.

All REAL WO Tragics will have their PS3's up and running, and playing some serious kick arse online GG, for the last time.......DO IT!

See you there.!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Racingfan, why so negative?
    We just got a whole VR update, including modeled ships and cockpits, fully integrated into the whole game (which by the way no other game has done before), and all of it completely free!
    I don't know about you, but I'm happy, thanks.

Region lists: sure, a bit clunky, but who cares? at least you can CHOOSE your server location, which most games don't let you.
    UI size is weird: ok, so? Doesn't affect me at all.
    VR ships visible to non-VR players? Erm, it's called marketing. Show people what they could have with VR. Also, it's f*cking amazing that VR and non-VR players can race against each other, so it only makes sense to show the non-VR players the VR ships, so they know what it is they are racing against.
    Sol not playable on C speed? Well. First of all, it IS playable, and second, why would you race C class anyway?

cheer up

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Still downloading the patch......will I be able to play against you online ? Doubt it.
    Seems the same coding for the various servers hasn't changed...... so I can only expect to be ejected as previous attempts to race agisnt my EURO based friends.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Racingfan, why so negative?
    We just got a whole VR update, including modeled ships and cockpits, fully integrated into the whole game (which by the way no other game has done before), and all of it completely free!
    I don't know about you, but I'm happy, thanks.

Region lists: sure, a bit clunky, but who cares? at least you can CHOOSE your server location, which most games don't let you.
    UI size is weird: ok, so? Doesn't affect me at all.
    VR ships visible to non-VR players? Erm, it's called marketing. Show people what they could have with VR. Also, it's f*cking amazing that VR and non-VR players can race against each other, so it only makes sense to show the non-VR players the VR ships, so they know what it is they are racing against.
    Sol not playable on C speed? Well. First of all, it IS playable, and second, why would you race C class anyway?

cheer up
    region lists confuses players, it defaults to the region the game is from & ur psn region. i remember back at release when players were being alone in US lobbies, when there were multiple EU lobbies available. i was also confused by it first time when i was racing a friend, but i couldnt find his lobby for 5 minutes. a friend of mine who was rank 20 (which is around 200 races) never even knew about it, he thought the online died in 2 days lmao. even today i still see people hosting in these regions. completely pointless feature.
    for me it looks weird, whats worse is half the ships are locked in 2048

sol is locked on anything below A class, they also have it's own leaderboards that has 0 players. its fun to race on the lower classes, doing BR's that ain't normally possible on higher classes, etc

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    for me it looks weird, whats worse is half the ships are locked in 2048
    Since there are 4 different ship Variations (stats-wise) of every team in 2048, naturally there are also 4 VR ships. As I said, these carry the exact same stats as their non-VR counterparts, only difference is that they look different because they have that rotateable cockpit (so you can BR without throwing up )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

GT Sport will get time trial VR mode, and Trackmania Turbo will be a PS+ game next month. great times for VR racing