Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by WikEv_512 View Post

Of course it won't be possible to BR as much as Feisar_2097 and other really good players in VR, but it is already impossible if you play in FPS rather than TPS. It won't change anything online, FPS players are already disadvantaged.

So I'm afraid VR won't be really good for WipEout, at least in its current state. God I wanted to be in a real cockpit like the Feisar, Triakis or other ships... Not a so called interior view which is just a piece a glass, not even rolling with the rest of the ship

But I may be wrong, so wait and see ;D
    If screen rolling is disabled when Barrel rolling i can see it being possible to do all BR's and play just as good as 3rd person players. The issue with internal view is you can't see anything when rolling. its the worst at metropia reverse because the respawn radius is extremely tight when going a tiny bit out of the track . You can control your ship very easily when in the barrel roll animation in 3rd person.

I did a video of what it would be beating zico in VR if nothing was changed except adding a cockpit view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwvy_9IruxU

As you can see, totally impossible to see what was coming when rolling.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

HEY, do what I do.
    If indecisive on the worthyness of paying for a VR headset, do the following.

I'm a PS+ member, that means I get stuff for FREE every month.

Each month, there has been a Free VR game.
    If you want that VR game, You Don't need to download it NOW, you just need to add it to your Download list of games, once added, you can download at your pleasure.
    All games, be they already downloaded or not, will appear on your Download list .

I'm very thankful of this , as I'm very close to filling my PS4 Pro's 1TB HD

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Found an article describing the experience:

https://www.psu.com/news/wipeout-vr-ps4-preview/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Everybody has the right to complain, especially with the amount of money we throw into this franchise...

So the barrel roll doesnt move as the person? I think thats good. It would be cool if there was an option though. They are probably worried about someone suing them for vertigo, or passing out, or a seizure. I am pretty psyched for this. Itsould be cool for a Lan option now because when online mp is finally taken down in a few years, and there is no split screen in VR, there will be no more multiplayer for the game.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm very grateful for the VR update, and it makes me a bit more optimistic for the future of the WipEout series as a whole. To see a new team adding content is a great sign.

Adding to that, the VR update seems to be getting better US coverage than the Omega Collection did when it was first announced. (IGN barely covered it, but has mentioned the VR update in several articles already).

I've also been seeing comments in a lot of threads that finally having WipEout for VR will get them to finally buy a PSVR, the Omega Collection, or both! So, while people do want a new game (us included, obviously!), people are seeing this as a worthwhile update, and long overdue at that.

Good stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'd actually get over this barrel roll issue if there is an option to lock it to the craft...OOOOOOORRRRR it is quite logical from the design of the VR crafts

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I am very thankful too and will look into buying a PS4 Pro and a PSVR just for this, and encourage others to do so as well. Thanks to the devs and people at Sony for considering and developing this, great work!
    You saying you're gonna look into getting this, means I will have to get it - this is now past temptation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Hopefully this can help leading to a entirely new game in the franchise.
    Aint holding my breath... but I will expect a new wipeout with each new PS console, as is the custom!!

Just think about where we all were just one year ago: nowhere, with no hope whatsoever.

We now have a new game, VR, and a renewed interest in the franchise. This is so unhoped for.

Go go Sony XDEV and Clever Beans!!

any news on the actual release date? I just picked a PSVR with GT included for 200$, great deal