Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OK, nice find.
    The craft seems a bit overly floaty compared to what I'm used to seeing, maybe that was the camera angle, at any rate, it seems your pilots view will be higher than the current internal view [maybe that's why it seems more floaty ? ]
    It would see that VR mode isn't that far removed from current internal view, and thankfully you can use a PS4 controller......I just wonder if BR's are active in VR mode? As I didn't see any being done in that video.
    Personally I don't have a problem doing them with internal view, as I'm used to them,so if they are included in the VR mode I should have any sickness issues, but I imagine that won't be the case for a lot of other pilots.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ...I just hope they do this VR version well,and it works on ALL TRACKS.
    Not as a half measure like the VR on GT Sport, where it only works on one track and while viewing your cars in the garage...
    Dude, in GT Sport all tracks and cars are playable in VR! That's why it's absolutely awesome. Since i got my PSVR a few days ago, im almost exclusively playing VR or at least using 'Cinema Mode' for non VR games. playing on a TV is sooo yesteryear

OMeGa in VR, amazing news
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 10th December 2017 at 12:26 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    , you'll only find lobbies with other people using the VR headset.

that's even more disappointing. The online in omega died so fast. why split it? VR wouldn't be any better, so after a month maximum, you'll have trouble finding games on VR. and if they haven't removed the region lobby lists, it'll die even faster lol. If it's possible at all then they should add a option to lock to PSVR if the host want.

I'll have to cancel my order, as I like playing online, but it has to have players. So i'll wait to see how it be after some time.

I'm curious if there will be seperate leaderboards now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-301 View Post
    Playstation is sure putting a lot of effort into the remaster. You guys think they're planning something bigger for WipEout in the future?
    The game was a confirmed success. I don't know how much copies it sold to be exact, as XDEV hasn't said anything about the sales number at all but if you look at the first leaderboard in 2048, you'll see that theres 221k players on it. so the sales number should be around that range The number of the first leaderboard increases by around 500 every 24 hours, but if the game is on sale, it increases to 1000-1500 every 24 hours.
    Last edited by Racingfan; 10th December 2017 at 01:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    Dude, in GT Sport all tracks and cars are playable in VR! That's why it's absolutely awesome. Since i got my PSVR a few days ago, im almost exclusively playing VR or at least using 'Cinema Mode' for non VR games. playing on a TV is sooo yesteryear

OMeGa in VR, amazing news
    You can only play against single AI opponent in a head to head in VR mode, on tracks you have unlocked through progress in the game, and even then that's only in arcade mode, you can't play in VR mode with campaign or online.
    It's a sort of half done VR implementation.

As for the sales of the Omega Pack, seems it sort of goes in short bursts depending on if it's for sale at the PStore.
    I imagine it will again when the VR version goes on sale, but I don't think it will help fill the servers, it might even divide them further [that's assuming VR will be playable against online] The Omega Pack needed a base core of players of a certain magnitude to sustain it that it hasn't got, and never has, and we all know through various discussions why that hasn't happened.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

The Omega Pack needed a base core of players of a certain magnitude to sustain it that it hasn't got, and never has, and we all know through various discussions why that hasn't happened.
    There are some that do play, but it's really, really small. It's disappointing that i quit mainly for that reason. i had such high hopes for this game's online. Only way it can recover is to make it free game on plus. VR would boost it a little bit though if they didn't split it

I don't think i ever been from excited to no longer interested (when it comes to games) so fast that i canceled my VR order after seeing the new ships are locked to VR & split the player base on online.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Actually I'm not so sure just how well Wipeout will work with VR, for the main reason that the tracks are already so narrow, so any move of your head is going to compound that.
    You can see it in the video when the pilot is nearing the end of the tunnel section of Vineta K reverse and slightly moves his head, he then hits the side wall almost immediately.
    Maybe a adjustment to racing style to all that has been before will be needed, meaning lots of practice.

There have been countless questioning on why the some of the tracks on Formula Fusion have been made so wide.....I think the answer is now obvious.....a bit of foresight on R8's part for eventual VR game play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

[Ö] The craft seems a bit overly floaty compared to what I'm used to seeing, maybe that was the camera angle [Ö]
    I have the feeling the cockpit itself remains more or less parallel to the track, but the ship moves around it. I imagine barrel rolls to work the same way to avoid motion sickness. For this to be plausible the cockpit has to move freely like some sort of steadicam. Although I believe they rather not have any logical explaination behind it instead of people getting sick while playing in VR. Not to mention some people already get sick playing WipEout Ė without VR, mind you

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Wip3out in VR please :V

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Iím sure youíll find a way, isnít that what "canon writers" do anyway?
    Wha-, where did that came up from now? ^^;

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

After rewatching the video I can confirm that the player was using Icaras (pink shielding with Feisar's weapon announcer, also the shield energy depleted quickly) on rapier class.

I'm going to guess that these new ships will be purely aesthetic changes and the raw performance will be identical to either the Fury or HD variants (I'm leaning towards Fury though).