Thread: 2048 sol vr

Default 2048 sol vr

Did this make anyone else almost throw up? My son and I almost did because we insisted on continuing to play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I haven't tried Sol yet but I'm having some problem with motion sickness for sure. I tried pilot fixed camera for one race and that made me seriously ill. Won't try that again. Need to get used to take some more breaks, at least once every hour.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

The main issue with Sol VR, because the track is going in all sorts of directions (horiz and vert), you find yourself looking at all sorts of directions! And the drop at the end of the 1st shortcut is QUITE A DROP!

Still, it's an awesome challenge! 😁

Altima was tough on the stomach as well, all those quick turns.

Honestly, no. It's one of the most comfortable VR games I've played and I play with the camera locked to the pilot. The closet I've got is a little lightheaded in 2048 zone mode, but it's the kind of lightheaded I really enjoy.

It's always walking in VR that gets me. That can make me feel really ill.

If you feel sick, you really are better off taking a break until it passes. You don't want to condition yourself into feeling WipEout + VR = sickness. Are you new to VR or have you been playing for a while?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've found the trick to help stop VR sickness is to make sure you move your head so the surroundings change a small bit, even just a small amount.
    It's the disparity of watching movement of what is on the equivalent of the VR horizon, whilst not moving your head, that causes the motion sickness.

I played VR only a little before. Ill try the head movement. I also realized that I am actually sick to my stomach a little bit for the last two days, so maybe thats adding to it. I do like playing with the first person full view, so Ill need to get used to it I guess

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Surprisingly WO VR is making me less motion sick than GT Sport, maybe it's because I know the tracks so well, or the two games implement VR slightly differently.
    My biggest problem playing VR is with my new glasses, I wear trifocals, and this new script makes things seem out of focus if the glasses are pushed right up onto the bridge of my nose, which is what happens when I put the VR headset on.
    I haven't been using the VR headset that much [hardly at all TBK ] so the headband is still very stiff and doesn't have any play in it, so it's hard to get it right, or to stay that way for more than a lap of a track.

I just read on one of the community boards that somebody got their steering wheel working with WO Omega and VR headset, I'll have to try it later, I got a Logitech G29 same time I bought the VR HS......if it is actually worth doing? I somehow doubt it.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I've found the trick to help stop VR sickness is to make sure you move your head so the surroundings change a small bit, even just a small amount.
    Err... I'm not sure why someone would not move their head when playing this game (or any racing game imo). From my experience, both in vr and real life, you would turn your head so you can see where the track is going past a corner.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Do you move your head when playing on a TV screen whilst racing in other games?

You might think you do, but I think generally speaking it would be safe to say that you would find that you didn't, as there is no reason to.......you might move your eyes a bit side to side, but not your head.

Same as when watching a movie, well that's unless your screen is so big you can't take in all the info being displayed on it at once without moving your head, if that is the case you are sitting too close to your screen.

With VR, moving your eyes won't cut it, you need to move your head just because of the camera tracking changing the POV, that's what's needed to stem motion sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    I played VR only a little before. Ill try the head movement. I also realized that I am actually sick to my stomach a little bit for the last two days, so maybe thats adding to it. I do like playing with the first person full view, so Ill need to get used to it I guess
    That doesn't sound like it would help If you've not already then you may want to increase the comfort settings and lock the view to track so the ship doesn't roll.

Sickness happens when what you are seeing doesn't match up with your inner ear and what you are feeling. Some people find playing with a fan pointed at their face also helps, because it gives more physical sensation of movement.

Being well hydrated decreases you chances of feeling sick. If I'm playing a challenging game, I will always chug a pint of water first and keep more on hand with a straw to drink it. Other people swear by sucking on ginger sweets, or drinking ginger ale before or while playing. It's supposed to be a natural antiemetic. Can't confirm though, as I've never felt the need.

Stopping when you feel rough the going back to it to it when you feel better is most important I think. You may be able to catch it even before you feel full on sick. If you feel too hot, too cold, you start sweating, get dizzy or lightheaded, your stomach drops, those are all warning signs sickness could be coming on. If you can stop then, you may never reach the point of sickness again. Then you can work on building you tolerance up over gradually longer sessions.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

When I recommended moving your head a bit to help stop motion sickness, that was based on my experience of playing GT Sports in VR, which surprisingly has a habit of making me feel VR sickness a lot more than WO VR does.
    That's more to do with the cars suspension being visualized, while you are not moving with it, if you move your head to look at rear view mirror etc, that takes your mind away from that.

With VR racing games it's all about learning to turn your head into a corner when cornering, which works fine in GT Sports, but doesn't always work as well with WO VR.
    That's just because of the Wipeout tracks, especially the HD/Fury ones use of side walls pretty much the whole way around, can obliterate the line of sight on where the corner is leading too, or for the sheer fact that the corner is too acute a angle, more like a hairpin.
    It's a needed change in piloting technique I think for WO VR [If you want to take full advantage of VR], as we have all been playing these tracks so long in a particular way, that having the ability to now being able to look into a corner, while cornering, doesn't really register, and you can find yourself not taking advantage of it, possible only because you know the tracks so well.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Do you move your head when playing on a TV screen whilst racing in other games?
    Not so much playing racing games, but racing/driving cars in real life. (Looking back at my original post, I should've said "or any racing game in VR imo")