From what I could gather through various sources, there will be 3 *ships* (NOT TEAMS) exclusively for VR players, meaning if you play VR, you can ONLY USE one of those ships (1 HD, 1 Fury, 1 2048 ship - could be wrong here, maybe HD and Fury use the same ship and the 3rd one is for Zone). These *ships* can be branded in any team's livery - I don't know if that means they will then receive the stats of the chosen team (but I sure hope so, otherwise VR would be reduced to one type of handling).

So this means that we will not be getting different cockpits for each team craft (build wise, not livery), which is a bit disappointing, but understandable from a development standpoint for a free addon.

Also it seems that VR players can only race against other VR players when playing online, which I don't see any good reason for. Sure, there might be a small advantage/disandvantage to the way pilots perceive the track in VR, but splitting the playerbase in a game that already suffers from empty lobbies is a bad idea IMHO.