Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

Unfortunately however it's set up, there is never enough adjustment for a lot of people and a surprising amount of people won't ever have good enough stereo vision for the effect to work.

Correct IPD in VR makes for a comfortable experience and objects being more accurately sized, but it won't stop it working if it is incorrect.

You're right it wouldn't stop anybody playing in VR, but I also don't think it would be such a straight forward change to change the VR game into a 3D one. I wouldn't be unhappy if it was included, I'm all for options. I guess I'm just sort of shocked at this point in time anyone would want to go back there.

any news when the update is coming out?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

According to this, it should be coming out pretty soon... But still no release date

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/commen...alking_months/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony rep posted at the PS4 Omega Pack community it will be soon, that was a few days ago.
    I suspect the same weekend that the PS3 HD/FURY servers go down.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Will VR support normal PS4''s console?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@stin: yes, it will work with every PS4 console. i own the white vanilla PS4 and the GT slim PS4, both working fine with PSVR

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Thank you and yes l am planning to buy one.

Stevie ☺

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    @stin: yes, it will work with every PS4 console. i own the white vanilla PS4 and the GT slim PS4, both working fine with PSVR
    I see you have been playing Hustle Kings recently [9 ball pool simulation]....with the VR headset?

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Thank you and yes l am planning to buy one.

Stevie ☺
    See if you can try one first Stin before you fork out the money for one, and make sure that you go through the calibration of your eye to eye measurement before playing anything [You just basically stand in front of the PS4 Eye with your head in a prescribed place and the software does it for you], and try it on a full game, not some proof of concept test game [which a lot seem to be], also don't have the headband done up too tight, the pressure point is at the back, at the base of your skull, and it doesn't take long to start getting a headache if you have it just a fraction too tight.

I'm in two minds about the VR headset after owning one for a few months now, TBH it doesn't get much use, despite owning quite a few VR games for it.....there are a few reasons for that in my case, namely Summer has just ended here, but wearing a VR headset when the average temp in Sydney has been around 36 C in the day, and 33 C at night hasn't been that nice a experience, plus I have to wear specs under the headset.

It's the loss of resolution V's the novelty of the VR effect that is the question regarding value, the loss of the video resolution is big compared to standard 1080p TV viewing, let alone 4k, that can't be hidden, but on 'some' games, the VR effect is so engrossing that resolution loss doesn't hamper your enjoyment, but on others it does.

Actually I saw a different video of Omega VR yesterday, it was at the end of this 'New VR Tiltles possibly for March release'.....it's the last video....starts at 8.16., it has comments from Sony EX DEV asking no more fishing ....other than that the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w88BtJzNtw

IMHO, it's all well and good to have a new dimension for Wipeout, but the fracturing of the online servers has killed any interest in playing the game online [Well not 'Interest', more Ability to play against who you were able to do before....it's called a 'Community' Sony EX DEV]

There is a way to SAVE ONLINE, and that's to have a game update that allows 'Players Met' function to be active.....without it................................. "where is everybody?
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 7th March 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@blackwiggle: Yes and no I play it alot recently, but i don't own the VR, just the F2P part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2_99AzjlrU this is what im playing alot in VR, it's ULTRA AWESOME!
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 7th March 2018 at 08:42 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That seems very similar to Radical-G

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

I must say that everything i tried in VR was very convincing. The OLED screen is just awesome, it displays the colors and contrasts better than any TV i've seen so far! Black is black, white is white etc. Everyone who tried my PSVR was immediately impressed by the immersion VR delivers.

Two recent tweets from Sony XDev :

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...96587863019521
    https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...96402969796609

I think the launch of WO VR is imminent, as in the next 12 days.

ok Sony, release this thing! and please put in Van Uber

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

I can't wait ! We need news !!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I wonder how much information we will get in advance. It's a patch so hopefully it will just show up.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm expecting either the next PStore update or the one after that, probably the latter, as it will be the day after the PS3 HD/Fury servers close down, and it will be the Easter holiday weekend, so there is the best chance that people might actually start playing online again and get a vibe happening about the game.

It's pretty much a 'Must have VR Title" for any EURO/ AUS/NZ VR helmet owners I would think.

I don't know about the USA, as Sony USA seems to treat Wipeout with contempt, both with promotion and support, so I wouldn't be surprised if very few knew about it's imminent release, or worse still, they didn't even make the update available, so bad is their track record [Remember lumbering poor USA Wipeout HD/Fury pilots with State Farm Ad's when playing Online, and they are still waiting for the Wipeout Pulse DLC]

Maybe the VR update will tie in with a adverting push in the USA for Sony VR headsets, so Sony USA will have no choice but to push Wipeout for a change.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I'm expecting either the next PStore update or the one after that, probably the latter, as it will be the day after the PS3 HD/Fury servers close down, and it will be the Easter holiday weekend, so there is the best chance that people might actually start playing online again and get a vibe happening about the game.

It's pretty much a 'Must have VR Title" for any EURO/ AUS/NZ VR helmet owners I would think.

I don't know about the USA, as Sony USA seems to treat Wipeout with contempt, both with promotion and support, so I wouldn't be surprised if very few knew about it's imminent release, or worse still, they didn't even make the update available, so bad is their track record [Remember lumbering poor USA Wipeout HD/Fury pilots with State Farm Ad's when playing Online, and they are still waiting for the Wipeout Pulse DLC]

Maybe the VR update will tie in with a adverting push in the USA for Sony VR headsets, so Sony USA will have no choice but to push Wipeout for a change.
    THAT'D BE NICE! I'd LOVE to see WO get some advertising push here. I know I've done my part, but it's so frustrating being a WO fan here.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

VR is being dev'd by EPOS so perhaps people on twitter should stop bothering XDev and clever beans lol xD

https://twitter.com/clever_beans/sta...12603170344961

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Epos have done the VR version of 'Hustle Kings' which is very very convincing, so i expect Omega VR to be uber epic

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Hustle kings VR got a update this morning, haven't checked it out yet as I was just checking the state of some games that were updating while the PS4 was in Rest mode, before I went to work [I actually thought it was Sat morning and had been playing Burnout remastered which had downloaded overnight, when the phone rang ]....Are you OK?....Yes, why are you ringing me?....well you are and hour and a half late for work, I was just wondering what the problem was...DOH!.....Luckily I can get to work in 20 minutes.