Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Default WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

Just announced at PSX. Coming early 2018

Trailer here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUMAuqkWXQ
    Last edited by Racingfan; 9th December 2017 at 03:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

This is nice.
    Last edited by T-301; 25th December 2017 at 08:25 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I just ordered a VR, lol. Even if i get sick within 5 minutes, it'll be hella worth it

https://gyazo.com/1a996e87e07a78aba6e33c5676f871cc

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

This will be nice to go back to (on extremely easy difficulties) once VR gets cheap and I eventually pick one up.

Just woke up to the news, I don't know where to look! Massive VR fan and I'd long given up hope of this happening.

Free Update, all tracks playable.

Bit more on the PS Blog:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...e/#sf175815942

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I just hope the new ships are available for those without VR. hell i'd even pay for it. And they should sell van uber+ dynamic theme as a standalone DLC already

And hopefully this boosts the community a bit, it's pretty dead online nowadays

Agree about Van Uber, it's annoying. Sounds like the ships won't be in all versions, it says 'exclusive for you PS VR pilots'.

I wouldn't count on it bringing many more to multiplayer. PSVR struggles with too many empty multiplayer games already.

That sounds so negative, I'm still really excited

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

If that's the case that will suck so much and then my interest level is lowered for me. Content for the same game locked to psvr? and it's just ships, it's not like those ships were designed purely for psvr. Either way, i'm not even sure if i can handle psvr

Why do you say it's not like those ships were created for PSVR? It sounds like they were designed for PSVR, so that you can look round the whole thing.

It says you can play all tracks on PSVR, it doesn't actually say you can play with all ships. I wonder if it will only be ships designed for VR you can play with?

I think it could be quite different from the normal game in some ways, this could be the plot twist.

Have you played much VR before?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

You may be right. I just re looked very very closely at the 0:42 part in the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUMAuqkWXQ

It looked like a tigron at start so i thought it would mean every ship was playable. So if it's only the new ships are playable in vr only, then theres 2 HD ships + 1 2048 ship, but that would mean there be 3 other variants of the 2048 ship then so i'm curious what the prototype ship will do.

Still, since you can play VR in online, it means the design of the ship is completely done, etc So it shouldn't be too hard making it playable without VR, unless the goal is to sell more VR's by adding exclusive content to it (like they did with digital & physical with van uber, dynamic themes & the 4 team themes to sell more copies)... You had to buy both versions to get all the extras.

No, i've never played VR before.
    Last edited by Racingfan; 9th December 2017 at 07:08 AM.

This is great news, even though you guys do realise we will have to get used to playing with the onboard view?

I suck so badly at it, this is not going to make it any better

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

This is great news!!!

I always said that all Sony had to do to get me to buy a PSVR was announce WipEout for it!

Can't wait!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Sony Xdev Europe have confirmed in a recent tweet that all the teams have a unique VR ship, this means all teams are playable on all of the tracks.

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/939435858314387456

Oh man zone mode is gonna rock in VR <3

edited
    Last edited by AdHoc; 9th December 2017 at 10:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'm not a massive fan of VR, but that may be worth it...

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    So I’m guessing this is one:

I'm gonna cry if that's the exclusive ship to PSVR and not playable without VR since it looks so amazing

This is the image that i wanted to post:

From: https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...79247712456704

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I'm curious if they're teasing stuff with all these tweets with wipeout pictures (unless they were teased at vr lol) They also retweeted a playstation job tweet with an 2097 gif to work at XDEV. I do hope they're making a new game. Omega was a success afterall.

XDEV did confirm that there's no new teams, but there be a new ship for each game, so HD, fury & 2048, exclusive to VR. that sucks. If you can't handle WO VR, then you'll have new ships that you can't even play

That's pretty cool all the teams are playable. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the ships

Try not to worry about VR sickness till it happens @Racingfan. People were surveyed on r/PSVR and the number of people that really suffered was much lower than expected.

I didn't get any sickness in my first six months. It tends to be walking that makes me feel ill, not racing. Though it does seem to be a very personal thing what's sets it off.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think if you have played Wipeout using internal cockpit view, going to VR won't be a problem.
    A lot of old timers should find the transition easy, as a lot of them have always used that view.

Gee, I bought a new Panasonic 65" 4K TV last week and a PS4 Pro to take advantage of it a few days ago, now another AUS $500+ for a VR helmet and camera.

I wonder if the control input will be the same, I'd dread having to pilot any Wipeout with one of those mock steering wheels, and if that was the case, I'd think I'd give it a miss.