I really think if money might be a issue, to try and get a decent length demo of a racing game in VR first, as TBH, I'm not sure I'd buy it again.
When I tried one of these VR headsets when they were first released, it was only for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, and I didn't have a problem with it......but now I've got my own....well some games are great playing VR Pool is fun....and others...

I've tried the VR portion of GT Sports, and to be honest I managerd two laps of the Mt Panorama circuit and I had to quit, I felt nauseous and began to sweat profusely, then got a sick headache at the base of my skull [where the headband holds it on] which lasted 24 hours.
My balance was out for over 24 hours as well, it felt like I'd just landed ashore after a long boat trip.....I tried it again a few days later to a not dissimilar result, though not as bad.....seems the trick needed to alleviate this nausea problem is to move your head to view to your sides, like into the rear view mirrors, that tends to take your focus away from the disparity of the car suspension up and down, side to side motion, from your actual none moving seated position.

That's why I'm sort of apprehensive about this movement disparity with the Floatiness of WO craft having the same effect.
I'll find out soon enough.

The other problem is the lack of resolution of the Sony VR headset.
This I suspect could be fixed with a design change, but I suspect that change could/would drive up the price.

The problem seems to be with the OLED pixels having a default optimum alignment position, and when you change the 'Eye to Eye' distance in the software for your particular eye to eye spacing, this 'optimum' position is no longer maintained.....the results is very similar to bad chromatic aberration, where the edges of things have a rainbow hue, where Red, Green and Blue are all separated, this is especially noticeable on text [If you were to try to read the text being viewed via the VR headset on a TV at the same time, I think a LOT of people would have a hard time making out what is written]........maybe this varies from game to game {i haven't tried all the VR games I've downloaded yet due the nausea problem], but it's definitely a problem on GT Sports

As the headset is fed from a separate box from the PS4, that also has a HDMI out to the TV, you can easily see just how big a drop in resolution it is compared to none VR game-play, and I'm using a PS4 pro, whose extra power is of no help in this regard, as it's the VR headset itself that is the weak link.