Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout Omega collection VR patch Announced

Unfortunately however it's set up, there is never enough adjustment for a lot of people and a surprising amount of people won't ever have good enough stereo vision for the effect to work.

Correct IPD in VR makes for a comfortable experience and objects being more accurately sized, but it won't stop it working if it is incorrect.

You're right it wouldn't stop anybody playing in VR, but I also don't think it would be such a straight forward change to change the VR game into a 3D one. I wouldn't be unhappy if it was included, I'm all for options. I guess I'm just sort of shocked at this point in time anyone would want to go back there.

any news when the update is coming out?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

According to this, it should be coming out pretty soon... But still no release date

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/commen...alking_months/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony rep posted at the PS4 Omega Pack community it will be soon, that was a few days ago.
    I suspect the same weekend that the PS3 HD/FURY servers go down.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Will VR support normal PS4''s console?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@stin: yes, it will work with every PS4 console. i own the white vanilla PS4 and the GT slim PS4, both working fine with PSVR

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Thank you and yes l am planning to buy one.

Stevie ☺

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    @stin: yes, it will work with every PS4 console. i own the white vanilla PS4 and the GT slim PS4, both working fine with PSVR
    I see you have been playing Hustle Kings recently [9 ball pool simulation]....with the VR headset?

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Thank you and yes l am planning to buy one.

Stevie ☺
    See if you can try one first Stin before you fork out the money for one, and make sure that you go through the calibration of your eye to eye measurement before playing anything [You just basically stand in front of the PS4 Eye with your head in a prescribed place and the software does it for you], and try it on a full game, not some proof of concept test game [which a lot seem to be], also don't have the headband done up too tight, the pressure point is at the back, at the base of your skull, and it doesn't take long to start getting a headache if you have it just a fraction too tight.

I'm in two minds about the VR headset after owning one for a few months now, TBH it doesn't get much use, despite owning quite a few VR games for it.....there are a few reasons for that in my case, namely Summer has just ended here, but wearing a VR headset when the average temp in Sydney has been around 36 C in the day, and 33 C at night hasn't been that nice a experience, plus I have to wear specs under the headset.

It's the loss of resolution V's the novelty of the VR effect that is the question regarding value, the loss of the video resolution is big compared to standard 1080p TV viewing, let alone 4k, that can't be hidden, but on 'some' games, the VR effect is so engrossing that resolution loss doesn't hamper your enjoyment, but on others it does.

Actually I saw a different video of Omega VR yesterday, it was at the end of this 'New VR Tiltles possibly for March release'.....it's the last video....starts at 8.16., it has comments from Sony EX DEV asking no more fishing ....other than that the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w88BtJzNtw

IMHO, it's all well and good to have a new dimension for Wipeout, but the fracturing of the online servers has killed any interest in playing the game online [Well not 'Interest', more Ability to play against who you were able to do before....it's called a 'Community' Sony EX DEV]

There is a way to SAVE ONLINE, and that's to have a game update that allows 'Players Met' function to be active.....without it................................. "where is everybody?
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 7th March 2018 at 11:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@blackwiggle: Yes and no I play it alot recently, but i don't own the VR, just the F2P part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2_99AzjlrU this is what im playing alot in VR, it's ULTRA AWESOME!
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 7th March 2018 at 08:42 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That seems very similar to Radical-G