Thread: WipEout F3600 Boardgame - Fan project

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    variedro

Lightbulb WipEout F3600 Boardgame - Fan project

To begin with, I hope this is the right place in the wipeoutzone forum to put this.

For quite a while I've been trying to make a decent boardgame based on the very first game that started it all. Yes, that old and hard-as-nails (for me at least) piece of videogame history called WipEout.
    And I think that, at last, I have something truly playable and enjoyable. Where to find it? In the link below.

https://variedro-english.blogspot.co...ic-racing.html

It's a post in my blog, and in it you'll find a few photos and a link to the zip file which has what you need if you want to print & play the game.
    Well, it's a fan project and, of course, free of charge. I hope some of you find it interesting and try it.

By the way, I'm aware that someone else tried something maybe similar in a project called "Twin Turbo", but this is completely unrelated to that one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

This looks awesome!! Will definitely check it out!
    Nice work! ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    variedro

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the boardgame. Let me know if you find any problem with it.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

This looks amazing!!! I'll have to get this made! Excellent work, man!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    variedro

Good! I'd love to see some photos of it when you have it done.

Wow, that looks sick! The attention to detail is incredible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    variedro

Since I was stealing the graphical and design elements from the game itself (the track and pads textures, for instance), or using elements done by others, the least I must do was to give the boardgame an aspect as close to the original as possible.
    Anything less would have been pointless, I think.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wow, this is lovely! Now add some 3D printed ships and put it on kickstarter!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    variedro

Thanks! Now, about the kickstarter thing... That's something I'd like to do, but properly. One can't go on their own and sell something based on a property owned by someone else.
    My idea is to show it around discreetly and get opinions first and fix anything that needs to be fixed, then try to get the interest of a boardgaming company who can try to strike a deal with Sony.
    I don't know how long this could take, if it truly happens eventually. Also, bear in mind that WipEout is not a big franchise like others out there (like Metal Gear for instance), and there are
    plenty of board games in the market. Also, from what I've seen racing board games seems to be rather niche and not as popular by far as other type of games like Catan or Risk.
    I mean, I think the WipEout board game has potential, but it's not that easy. Time will tell.