Thread: Sonic Mania (possible spoilers)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Sonic Mania (possible spoilers)

Currently playing through the game, wondering if anyone else has it and what you think?

So far I love it, flying battery zone act 2 has largely been changed from the original and it's still brilliant!
    Last edited by Rapier Racer; 16th August 2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Possible spoilers

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Everything I have to say about the game is HUGELY positive. Its exceeded all of my expectations and then some. Im not finished the game yet, but so far its out of this world. Can see why its the highest rated Sonic game in 15 years. I even illustrated my feelings in this chart...
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Absolutely brilliant game, brought back so many memories of the old 16-bit era. And I'm still the master of Blue Spheres

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Master of the blue spheres eh? I might need to challenge you for that title XD

Any idea what the gold coins you get for doing the bonus stage are for?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They unlock stuff in the Extras menu and in No Save games. You only need golds if you're going for the trophy, silvers will be enough to unlock everything

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

where did this thing come from to play?

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I was a massive fan of the four megadrive (genesis) games and this is a true sequel to those. Plays great. Solid amount of (large) zones to play through, fun extras, and player 2 can still pick up the pad and play the second character!

I don't take issue with the 3D sonics, they're just not for me, but sonic 4 was a pretty poor attempt to do the old school 2D stuff, so this is amazing. Very happy with it.

Here's a cool thing people might have missed, back in the original games player 2 could fly sonic around using tails, but in this release even playing with sonic and tails but alone with no one playing tails on the second pad you can still do it! Press up and double jump as sonic, and tails will start flying, then jump into his hands and you can control tails flying you where you want to go! No second player required. Nice cool little feature.