Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (GLITCH) How to play D Class (venom) on 2048 tracks

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

wait, are you sure its active? because i tried it too, but it didn't do anything if set to on

edit: i tested in racebox, doesnt work. did you try it out in lobby? because it is possible to set "pilot assist" on in zone battle there, but it doesnt work, even if its set to on
    Last edited by Racingfan; 8th August 2017 at 03:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

yeah , doesn't work :/

Timezone
    GMT -6

Venom-esque class in 2048... through a glitch...

personally, i think there aught to be a patch that makes the super phantom thing work... have it as sort of a hidden option or something for the veterans to take on, y'know? it'll be a hell of a challenge, considering how narrow the HD Fury tracks are... but it would certainly be fun to watch.

having D class available for 2048 would also make it pretty convenient to provide a tour of the tracks in the event circuit guides are put in the works.
    Last edited by Unison_Phoenix; 9th August 2017 at 06:28 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i think clever beans said it was in plans to make super phantom playable on hd fury tracks, but it didn't happen because they had to change ship stats, tracks (maybe so you wouldnt fly off so easily like sol 2 reverse i think?) and testing every track/ship till it works. but time was a issue

if you saw my video of super phantom you will see it's not playable, also other ship i tested were different than the goteki in the video, but for some reason even when using the other ships the game thinks i was in air even though im not so it just makes me respawns every time. Turbo is possible to use, but it gives you a 0 kmh boost, speed pads do work however. super phantom also have leaderboards... which is really weird. but yeah, it's not possible to finish any track on super phantom at the moment. if turbo gave you a boost then it would be possible to do laps on speed lap by using invalid lap so you could set some 9.59.99 records

if there ever be a glitch to make 2048 ships on HD, super phantom on hd may be possible then
    Last edited by Racingfan; 10th August 2017 at 01:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I wonder if D-class or Eliminator weapons off will get patched? Or if the Zone skins in normal race mode will get patched.
    The only glitch I think needs a patch is Eliminator weapons off because it probably causes a lot of confusion for online players.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i dont think so, i mean this glitch doesn't really affect anyone in any way, it just opens a new class for 2048/long endurance races

i doubt elim no weapons will be played at all.

same with D class on online, i never seen anyone else host it except me and JF, and on racebox there are only 5-8 players on each board

i think i was the first one to find this glitch btw, when i found D class, there was nobody on the boards, and it wasnt known on ps3 version about "switch glitch" so its not something you can do by "accident"

i tweeted about the zone skins to chris/sonyXDEVeurope and i suggested it to be released as a update or dlc

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    i think clever beans said it was in plans to make super phantom playable on hd fury tracks, but it didn't happen because they had to change ship stats, tracks (maybe so you wouldnt fly off so easily like sol 2 reverse i think?) and testing every track/ship till it works. but time was a issue
    well, all that I feel would really need to be done is to make the tracks slightly larger to compensate for the speed, and it wouldn't have to be too drastic, just enough to make it possible to make the turns with every craft. if the fanbase were given the opportunity to try it out, testing wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as people are willing to try it out and provide feedback.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

tbh i would love to see super phantom playable... but i doubt it really be played much at all, look at online, not many hosts phantom, most of the lobbies is flash and rapier
    Last edited by Racingfan; 11th August 2017 at 02:01 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

well, to be fair, it's kinda hard for newcomers to really compete with folks returning from the PS3's HD Fury... I mean, I simply looked around and stuff and found out of some extremely difficult tricks to get some extra barrel rolls, with the only real risk being flubbing it... once one gets going with this trick, it's unlikely anyone will be able to threaten them with elimination with anything but a quake...

and hell, I'm not good enough yet to get some of the barrel rolls that i saw were possible in a few of Hellfire's old HD Fury tutorials... the HD campaign didn't really do me any favors or easing me into Phantom class, either. Everything before Meltdown went as fast as Rapier, none of them gave much of a transition outside of Zone events, which itself is skewed because jumps almost never happen normally.
    Last edited by Unison_Phoenix; 12th August 2017 at 02:05 AM.