Thread: Playing Pure on a TV with an upscaler (Framemeister/OSSC)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Playing Pure on a TV with an upscaler (Framemeister/OSSC)

Hey guys,

Just curious to see if anyone has tried this.

You can famously play the PSP on a TV with the PSP AV Cable, but that’s without upscaling = terrible image quality.

An upscaler such as the Framemeister and the currently-in-development OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter) seems to be a solution and would make the game look way better on a modern TV screen.

Here is a video explaining the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHoOKLWIMKU (the PSP is mentioned towards the end). YouTube also has some videos of PSP games being played with a scaler.

OSSC looks promising and is making strides at every new update. Could be a great way to rediscover this awesome game on an HDTV.

I had an upscaler for the psp. It looked great, but it gave a bit of lag, so I stopped using it

It might work much better with some of the more recent (and upcoming) scalers on the market.

I don’t have a PSP anymore and don’t have the time nor the money anyway, but someone could give it a try

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Isn’t it most comfortable to play Pure and Pulse via emulator nowadays if you’re aiming for a fullscreen experience in true high definition resolution? I don’t know how resource hungry these are, but considering the fact that they’re available for quite some time now I’d guess they work on any decent computer made in the recent past. You could probably also get a fairly small and powerful new computer for the price of that upscaler

Unless the emulator has upscaling features and options, then it wouldn’t technically be the same thing. But you’re right, it’d be a lot of effort for a small reward.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Sure, it actually renders in true high definition with enhanced texture filtering and all the bells and whistles