Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Echoing cipher's point about the ship balance in 2048, its nigh impossible to do without changing the fundamental purpose of some ships.

As for the AG on A+ being so powerful, its to do with acceleration. I've spent an 1 hour or 2 comparing how quickly each ship can accelerate and AG has the best overall, which makes a critical difference in how quickly you recover speed from corners. The AG speed can accelerate so quickly that its unreal, pair this with a lower top speed and you have a ship which can consistently stay close to its maximum velocity regardless of the track. This attribute makes it a very powerful ship and outcompetes the others in nearly every corner.
    Pir-Hana speed has the worst acceleration of the speed ships and pair this with heavy handling results in lots of speed loss through corners. With the bad acceleration this means it cannot consistently maintain its top speed, hence why it's the weakest for A+ class.

Why they would make acceleration a hidden stat? I don't know, but I think its important to have on the ship screen regardless so it baffles me somewhat.
    Also admittedly the jump in difference between A and A+ class is staggering and the AG speed is a tad overpowered in this case. But FEISAR proto is more broken IMO

P.S To see acceleration in action just compare the boost start between the AG speed and the Auricom prototype on A+ class, you'll see the massive difference.
    i did some tests with agility ships of ag systems and piranha on empire climb which has barely any turns and mostly straights with lots of pads

piranha around 1.5 sec slower each lap vs ag sys

so yeah this is very interesting

one more change is for pure racing mode which i forgot to add is have every player start on the first spot in the starting grid, it can be a random advantage in 8 player matches, if you start as 8th, it be around 1 second advantage to the first player

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I too have thought about this. In pure, the winner should be determined by time, and not physical placement. You could still have a display shown with average time above or behind the leader, but it should be based solely off of time.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

it is based on time, but when you start at the 8th grid and a good racer is at 1st, its a second advantage
    Last edited by Racingfan; 22nd July 2017 at 07:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

That's what I'm saying. Once the race starts, the leader gets a second head start. What I'm suggesting is that each player's time starts once they cross the start line, NOT once the leader crosses the starting line. Since there are no collisions in Pure, this would be doable and fair.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I only have one wish (Won't happen anytime soon, but it can happen if everything I said is thrown into place):

The return of custom soundtrack/playlist.

How it Works:

The player can use their MP3/AAC music files for their Wipeout Omega Collection soundtrack from their USB stick, much like how the custom playlists worked in HD Fury. HOWEVER, it has a price. The player cannot use the Share function to broadcast their gameplay or create video clips while using this feature as it will be disabled completely (they can still take screenshots however but any video functions are disabled, period). The player will need to use an external capture device to record gameplay footage if they wish to do so (Example: Elgato HD 60).
    Last edited by Light Buster; 22nd July 2017 at 10:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@Light Buster: You know, you can use your own music, right? I cannot understand why this is still requested by the people out there. Imho it's much better now, than it was back on PS3. Get all your music onto an USB-stick, and your ready to play, it's that easy.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I know, but the fact that the equalizer in Zone mode in particular doesn't play along with the custom music as well as some of the music effects during races makes it seem, I don't know, off. Wrong. It probably just a personal thing though. Also, it feels like a hassle when trying to manually switch songs between races and playing songs at the start of a race.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 23rd July 2017 at 02:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Alphalon

I would like to have ghosts enabled on 2048 time trials. They're present in HD Fury time trials, and in both HD Fury and 2048 speed laps, but for some reason not in 2048 time trials.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

thats really weird. i thought it was campaign where it didnt use ghosts on TT but i just checked on racebox and you're right, theres no ghost for TT 2048

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

@Cipher & @mannjon

I kinda disagree with uploading of ghosts for top times being optional. I think it should just go it automatically. I think it's reasonable for fast pilots seeking top records to want to guard their "secret sauce" to achieving fast times. Ultimately however, that won't help grow the community. It's one thing to see how someone did a laps on a certain track with a crazy fast time but an entirely different thing to be able to achieve it. Not everyone will be able to. However, seeing that kind of thing can help and encourage other pilots to want to get better. Because we all know one thing Omega needs is more pilots and more good pilots. I tried getting a few races in last night around 10pm my time and the only lobby was a 2048 Combat lobby. No one joined my lonely rapier lobby for at least 15min so I logged off.

One good analogy that illustrates what I'm talking about is SFV's CFN network. You can search and view matches from anyone who has played matches online. From your own matches to top players. You can save matches, pause, rewind, fast forward, and even turn on button press replay so you can see what button combinations were used and exactly when. Lots of players use this to see what they did wrong and how they can improve. Sometimes I watch pro players replays for tips and tech and have become and even better player because of it.

Plus like mannjon said this kind of thing is good in the interest of transparency and ruling out cheaters/hackers.

@Cipher, Thanks for the well-reasoned post about 2048 balance! I never considered host migration going to the best connection available. Hopefully that is what's happening. Although it's annoying sometimes for a host to leave and the new host changes the settings to something entirely different. lol. A few races on phantom now let's play elim on venom. lol.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

yeah it sucks theres barely anyone playing nowadays. jugding by the boards numbers and trophy rarities, 110-120k of the players didnt touch the online at all, only 30.1k played online

heres hoping they remove region lists then discounts on ps store and free on plus in future can boost the numbers

but yeah having ghost is good for those who is interested how they got the time
    Last edited by Racingfan; 24th July 2017 at 03:55 PM.

Summer didn’t help. But yeah, that was to be expected anyway.

2048: The best time trial ships should be the hardest ones to control, not the easiest. (RISK VS REWARD). The slippery ships being faster in time trial are balanced in MP because they are much harder to control, and you are more likely to hit walls, AND the higher Accra ships get out first with chances of dropping mines and bombs. Not only should the slippery ships be faster, they should be faster by 1-1.5 seconds per lap than AG or Feisar, and this would even out multiplayer. Sadly, this has not been in wipeout since wipeout 64 and wo3, and while those aren't perfect, they gave it a good shot. I suggested this before release, but they said they wanted to keep it as close as possible to the original (which had the exact same problem). They said there would always be a best ship. However, imo, the best ship should not be the easiest ship to control, it should be the hardest

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

if A+ speed stat is really bugged i can see piranha/qirex being the best ship if its fixed, which is hard to control in a+ imo

as for lower classes, sol, altima, piranha prototype is the best ship for it which is also hard to control, but the rest are all feisar prototype for C-A classes which is a easy controlling ship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    ...for lower classes, sol, altima, piranha prototype is the best ship for it...
    I have to disagree here, Pir-hana Speed is best for Sol and Altima in C-class at least. But that's probably personal preference as with most things

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    I have to disagree here, Pir-hana Speed is best for Sol and Altima in C-class at least. But that's probably personal preference as with most things
    when he said sol and altima, i think he was referring to a or a+

Be able to choose the same ship in split screen

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

you can? i just tried it myself and it works to pick the same ship?

Ok, great! When I tried when I first put my game in I tried to pick two feisar speed ships and it would not work. I'll try again tonight

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I think they should add a special tab or verbiage somewhere that explains the hidden stats once you platinum the game. It's b*lls4!t to still be guessing some 9 years later. I mean we know some, but it would be nice to see. It's the least they could do too and that is a secret I actually might keep