Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Default Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

Which small features/changes do you wish to be in omega?

i would like to see

features:
    Local personal bests for multiplayer times, Pure and no pure
    2048's zone skin available for races
    Ghost data for top 10 times on SL/TT
    player's met activated
    zone classes over 100 in 2048
    loyalty stats for 2048 teams
    Option to show full lobbies in lobby list
    D class available in racebox/Online

changes:
    Region lobby lists removed
    Bombs not slowing you down as much, and expiring time to be 10 seconds
    mines with lower radius
    Sol available on C/B for SL/TT
    Lower laps in 2048 online
    pro tozo/mallavol/corridon 12/syncopia available for single race/TT/SL
    quakes to be rare in elimination (way to common now)
    In Pure racing, every player should start at first spot in the starting grid
    Last edited by Racingfan; 2nd August 2017 at 08:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

I'd like to see the following:

Quality of Life Changes:
    Get rid of Region Lobby lists and allow pagination of the list of available lobbies.
    Make whomever is the lobby host clear by highlighting their name, putting some kind symbol next to their name, or simply putting their name at the top of the lobby screen.
    Lobby host migration should be passed to whomever was in the lobby the 2nd longest. Right now it seems completely random.
    Make bombs in HD have more visible contrast like they do in 2048. They are too often really hard to see.
    After you are eliminated in races the effects whatever weapon eliminated you linger on respawn and make it hard for you to get going again. Not sure why this is but it's kind of annoying.
    Some weapons in 2048 don't seem to do enough damage. Missiles and quakes in particular seem like they don't do slow you down enough. Sometimes I get missiles back-to-back locking on to the same target and they magically are able to keep going without any useful defense pickups.
    Removal of lobby hosts who are ible and/or pick the same track over and over without racing. Maybe after a two races with DNFs the lobby host should be kicked automatically.
    A way to report bad behaving players in game. Like players who race in the opposite direction trying to interfere with the leader or other races. Or players like those guys with similar psn names who cheat by team shooting other players while never firing on each other. People who played HD on PS3 should know who I'm talking about.

Features:
    The option to disable use of 2048 prototype ships in online races would be nice (if balancing the specs of those ships is too difficult).
    Ghost data for top times in races, SLs, and TTs.
    The ability to send friend requests by selecting the name of players in the lobby directly.
    Loyalty stats for the 2048 teams.
    Custom livery options would be nice. Nothing too crazy or elaborate. It would be cool to choose a couple of colors and allow the placement of team logos where we want them. Or even our own gamertags too.
    Limited in-lobby chat. Pre-made phrases and questions would be the only options to prevent abuse. Things like "Please change the speed to Rapier", "Please choose Moa Therma", Start the Race!", etc.
    Last edited by BlackReign; 20th July 2017 at 01:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I know I've said it before, but:
    Agility-class airbrakes. Left stick. Separate them.

Zone skins in Single Race would be nice, but I'd take that controls fix any day.
    Also, 2048 Time Trials and Speed Laps should have turbo. Pure Racing does it, HD time attacks do it, I see no reason Racebox 2048 can't.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'd like to see somebody from Sony EDEV / Clever Beans do something about the above.....especially opening 'Players Met' option.....and a Total rethink by Sony EXDEV on why this feature has been disengaged with the PS4 games....it's a reason why online either doesn't happen, or dies quick smart.......FIX IT.
    No online play= pointless for game makers to make Online DLC specific content = less $$ for Sony

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

There should be something done about AG-Sys speed ship hegemony on A+ class, it just kills all the diversity and forces you to use one ship. Maybe boost some hidden stats (I remember somebody presented that at least on HD there are much more stats than presented on the ship selection screen) to make the other crafts competitive?

Also, the fix for this (at least for multiplayer) plus something on its own would be ship restrictions. Like you could restrict a race to specific type of ship (for example only-HD ones on HD mode or only-agility ones on 2048 mode), specific manufacturer or just one specific ship. The last one could also be aviablable to do the other way out - you would be able to not allow specific craft to be used. Could help keeping the diversity and balance, especially on 2048 but most importantly, you could experience all the ships and mode combinations you normally wouldn't, just because of them being not competetive (like fighter ships for regular races, or HD crafts, as they are rarely used because of their lower stats than Fury ones).

Also, I could put my sign under Racingfan's suggestions, would like to see these changes made too.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

theres some bug going on with ag sys speed on a+ at the moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/com...a_speed_class/

seems like lower the speed stat is for speed ships on a+ the faster your ship is

but if they fix that bug, then they have to reset all a+ boards then, or pretty much every record will be impossible on a+

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

That's why boosting the other ships' stats would be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    There should be something done about AG-Sys speed ship hegemony on A+ class...
    Icaras also dominates the HD/Fury leaderboards.
    It's not a big deal, but as you said, it just kills all the diversity.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

U can race with any ships in HD and make a good race ( win ) . that is not possible in 2048 , u have to choose only one type of craft if u want have a chance ...

Yes absolutely. I said it's not a big deal.
    But just check the leaderboards for yourself. The majority of the boards are Icaras pilots = lack of diversity.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    theres some bug going on with ag sys speed on a+ at the moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/com...a_speed_class/

seems like lower the speed stat is for speed ships on a+ the faster your ship is

but if they fix that bug, then they have to reset all a+ boards then, or pretty much every record will be impossible on a+
    Is this truly a bug though? AG has more thrust. Maybe the Pirhana ship needs more time to get up to top speed?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

just tested some on empire climb which has lots of straight roads

piranha is slowest ship (around 1.5 seconds slower each lap vs ag sys) qirex is second

feisar is worse than ag systems as well

on A class, piranha is much better than those ships

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StingerTheRaven View Post
    I know I've said it before, but:
    Agility-class airbrakes. Left stick. Separate them.

Zone skins in Single Race would be nice, but I'd take that controls fix any day.
    Also, 2048 Time Trials and Speed Laps should have turbo. Pure Racing does it, HD time attacks do it, I see no reason Racebox 2048 can't.
    i think the agility ship airbrakes using left stick is a bug

also for turbo on tt sl for 2048, i think they removed it from original vita version because of non designed shortcuts found back on hd because of turbo, so they removed it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

That's interesting. Thanks for taking the time to test that out via laps Racingfan. Hopefully they fix that.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

if they fix this, they must reset all a+ boards :s and i did some good times on some of the a+ challenges

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

That would suck. But you're fast and you'll be able to do it again or best them.

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

The best solution would be just boosting other ships, not making AG-Systems slower and possibly resetting leaderboards.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

It's impossible to balance the ships in 2048, the different types of ships have completely different functionality and purpose, at best they can make a filter for e.g. Speed only, Fighter only, Agility only & Prototype only, the latter is however very hard to balance as well, because all of the prototype ships work completely different from one another.

Unfortunately 2048 seems like it was built with little balancing in mind, but rather with new mechanics instead, which I do enjoy, the concepts of some of the prototype ships are really cool and innovative, but it came at the cost of balancing.
    Feisar proto is one of the only ships (alongside with maybe AGS proto) that can fit in with the speed ships (Although it would need a slight nerf, e.g. where it loses a charge every 5 seconds of not hitting a new speed pad), the others you can not boost or tweak in any way, in order to balance them, without fundamentally changing their purpose.

I too prefer balancing and variety over a certain meta, but that's simply not how 2048 works, which is, i think, also a big reason why there's much less people playing it (as they do not know which meta goes with which track, the difference between feisar proto and any speed ship on some tracks is just absolutely ridiculous (even if both pilots are excellent))

As for some of the wishes mentioned here:

Disagree with ghost data for top 10 times, there might be pilots who don't instantly (or never) want to reveal their strategy, if they want to, they can always do so by uploading a video of it now that everyone has the capability with PS4
    However, i'd be okay with it if you have to actually get to top 10 to see #9, then #8, #7, .... putting the effort in to get up there, instead of just being handed the crème de la crème.
    Or another option is to allow pilots to choose whether they want to upload their ghost data at the end of the run.
    I really enjoyed the near system in Wipeout 2048 on the Vita

Bomb slow downs are fine if they are the same as on PS3, but I do agree they should be more visible, it seems the pulsating particle is very faint (LODs maybe?)
    Same for mine radius, it's fine

Lobby host migration should not go to the second player who joined, it should go to the player with the best internet connection, which is probably what is currently happening (and why you might think it's random)

My main requests would be (some of which mentioned in here before):
    - Global lobby list by default, with the option to set filters if you really want to (adding an extra column for the region in the lobby list)
    - Scrollable lobby list so you can see all lobbies available and not a sub section of them, which might not contain a lobby that fits your mojo
    - Changing the net-code to not have to deal with NAT, PS3 HD never had issues with this, a lot of internet providers install their modem/router and you are not allowed access to it to modify stuff (I had to put my network in DMZ in order to make it work with a lot of games for example (which comes with security risks for those that don't know what they're doing, I advise against it (I do it because I also use it to access my system when i'm abroad)), i'm no net-code wizard though, so don't know to which extent this is possible.
    - Multiplayer leaderboards would be nice to have, the local only multiplayer records mentioned in here already are an alternative.
    - Sol re-enabled for TT & SL where they are disabled
    Last edited by Cipher; 22nd July 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Totally agree with Cipher about the Ghost visible option. It isn't fair to just see the secret lines and rolls that make a top ten run possible. Typically folks are pretty good about posting that data anyways. It would be nice to have the option to upload or see the top times once you hit a certain number in the records, and it would also be damning evidence of a cheater because their ghost would reflect any glitches they might have used.

About the diversity of Icaras on HD. This is not something that is pure coincidence, but it isn't something that is unfair or particularly difficult to overcome. In my experience, on the HD side, there is a hierarchy to most frequently used ships that goes something like: Icaras > Feisar > Everything Else. However that is because stat wise most people just see the 100 speed stat and that it has better handling than Piranha. They are not aware of the hidden stats, otherwise more people would be using the HD ships over the Fury ones. I personally have found a niche with Tigron, as have many others.

Now with TT and SL, Icaras is king. No argument there. Best combination of handling and speed means best TT and SL ship at least in Venom and Flash. Think of Icaras as the TT and SL ship, kind of like how zone uses the same ship class (max every stat) for each event.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Echoing cipher's point about the ship balance in 2048, its nigh impossible to do without changing the fundamental purpose of some ships.

As for the AG on A+ being so powerful, its to do with acceleration. I've spent an 1 hour or 2 comparing how quickly each ship can accelerate and AG has the best overall, which makes a critical difference in how quickly you recover speed from corners. The AG speed can accelerate so quickly that its unreal, pair this with a lower top speed and you have a ship which can consistently stay close to its maximum velocity regardless of the track. This attribute makes it a very powerful ship and outcompetes the others in nearly every corner.
    Pir-Hana speed has the worst acceleration of the speed ships and pair this with heavy handling results in lots of speed loss through corners. With the bad acceleration this means it cannot consistently maintain its top speed, hence why it's the weakest for A+ class.

Why they would make acceleration a hidden stat? I don't know, but I think its important to have on the ship screen regardless so it baffles me somewhat.
    Also admittedly the jump in difference between A and A+ class is staggering and the AG speed is a tad overpowered in this case. But FEISAR proto is more broken IMO

P.S To see acceleration in action just compare the boost start between the AG speed and the Auricom prototype on A+ class, you'll see the massive difference.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 22nd July 2017 at 04:30 PM.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

My wishlist (some things have already been written) :

- Region filter removed, aswell the " 10 lobby limit " so you can scroll all lobbies
    - More 2048 Zone Mode classe
    - Bombs to have more visibility on HD/Fury
    - A new custom game mode ( I talk about Weapons off and Pure Race, I'd also put a mode where turbo are disabled and weapons are on )
    - Reduce % of dropping Quake on Eliminator races
    - Turbo enabled on Single Lap and Time Trial for 2048
    - Online events! For example: for a limited time, (from 22/07 to 25-07) double XP points, or double loyalty points, and so on.. this would attract people
    - More soundtracks (maybe with Just anche update or with a DLC? ) and a possibility to remove the ones you don't wanna listen to (WipEout Pulse for PSP allowed you to do this)
    - Fix the weapon effect damage after being destroyed. What I mean is, if you get hit by 3 rockets and get destroyed, when you respawn you'll be still slow for some seconds
    - Player met function enabled
    - Report option for players
    - Auto-kick for AFK Hosts