Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

1/ Unlock Syncopia, Corridon 12, Mallovol and the last I can't remember for speed lap, TT, and even races (including online). No need of textures, it's fine like this... just need to add weapons pad.
    I know it won't happen, but still it's a doable thing not requiring a lot of efforts.

2/ Give HD ships the same stats as Fury ones. HD ships are useless because Fury ones have better stats (and red HD Icaras looks so cool).

3/ Give a damn turbo for SL and TT in 2048 for god sake! I've found myself doing pure racing on Sol in multiplayer and I didn't have any idea where using the boost since I can't pratice offline !!!!

4/ Since we don't have the custom soundtrack (and no, via USB, it's really not the same since the music never stops and you don't have the sound effects), let us at least deactivate the tracks we don't want. I think it's WO Pulse that had this feature.

5/ Would be too much work, but too bad we can't get ghosts/replays of top 1000 records for each track.

6/ If one day a sequel is being developed, get rid of stupid combats and the false good-idea of discipline-oriented ships from 2048. WipEout is a racing game with weapons, not a shooting game in ships.
    Also, consider an evolution for the classes... everyhting below rapier speed is damn boring (and I'm not even a good racer).
    Last edited by Temet; 27th July 2017 at 11:10 AM.

nu9get Guest

uhm, Temet, are you serious? i don't really share point 2 and 6...if hd and fury ships have same stats what would be the point to have different ships?? we'd have only different skins man, it was like this since hd fury and i'm ok with it, what's wrong? O_o fury ships were always more powerfull, and on higher speed classes using hd or fury is just the same if you can drive them.
    point 6, it's cool to have more game modes, like combat and eliminator as well, even if is a racing game, playing some eliminator is really fun sometimes imo and to me, even venom is cool to play, you can pull off lot of barrel rolls and go fast, i ask if you are serious because you played hd\fury since first years and the game is actually the same so i don't get why you wanna change it now :O

(not a critique, just asking)
    Last edited by nu9get; 27th July 2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    1/ Unlock Syncopia, Corridon 12, Mallovol and the last I can't remember for speed lap, TT, and even races (including online). No need of textures, it's fine like this... just need to add weapons pad.
    I know it won't happen, but still it's a doable thing not requiring a lot of efforts.
    We thought about this during development, we felt it'd be too confusing for new players. (Why do these tracks look so bad?!) - it's also not a small amount of work - you'd need to set up leaderboards for the game modes, and then play test the game with the weapon pads, etc.. it's quite a lot of QA expense. It was on the wishlist - but quickly dropped as it felt "outside of the projects remit"

2/ Give HD ships the same stats as Fury ones. HD ships are useless because Fury ones have better stats (and red HD Icaras looks so cool).
    Interesting idea - but again, we felt that this wouldn't be staying true to the original games whenever possible (which was the remit of the project) - we agree that the fury ships do make the HD ships seemingly redundant. We did consider an option to let MP races be "limited" to HD / Fury / Prototype / etc "only" - but again, this was a lot of work and was dropped.

3/ Give a damn turbo for SL and TT in 2048 for god sake! I've found myself doing pure racing on Sol in multiplayer and I didn't have any idea where using the boost since I can't pratice offline !!!!
    I actually think this is a bad idea, if you have a turbo, you open up the boost-cancelling-boost technique that players use for 2048 - which we felt breaks the spirit of time trials (every lap should count, not just every other lap after you spend a lap cancelling) - we actually think removal of the boost altogether is the solution to perform here. But then again, it doesn't stay true to WO:HD doing that.

4/ Since we don't have the custom soundtrack (and no, via USB, it's really not the same since the music never stops and you don't have the sound effects), let us at least deactivate the tracks we don't want. I think it's WO Pulse that had this feature.
    You should still get sound effects?? - Deactivation of tracks is quite a bit of work, it was a feature we wanted to do, but as the entire sound engine had to be re-written we simply ran out of time.

5/ Would be too much work, but too bad we can't get ghosts/replays of top 1000 records for each track.
    It's an absolute tonne of work - The game doesn't store the ghost data online, so it would have to upload that to a centralised server (which is a lot of data) - and then enable the download of other peoples ghosts into your game. It's not a trivial sadly. (great idea for a feature though)

6/ If one day a sequel is being developed, get rid of stupid combats and the false good-idea of discipline-oriented ships from 2048. WipEout is a racing game with weapons, not a shooting game in ships.
    Also, consider an evolution for the classes... everyhting below rapier speed is damn boring (and I'm not even a good racer).
    I'm not a fan of the weapons at all, if i'm honest, but each player has their own preferences. I think it's more about giving players options to tweak the game to their preferences..

---

Unfortunately, from the general replies above, you'll probably see that 99% of games development is about the ever reducing amount of time to implement the ideas we want to in the time we have left. The most painful part of games development is having a million great ideas and maybe picking 2 or 3 to actually get into the game because of the simple lack of time.

All your ideas are great, and definitely the kinds of things we'd have liked to do.. but as always "time"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    I think they should add a special tab or verbiage somewhere that explains the hidden stats once you platinum the game. It's b*lls4!t to still be guessing some 9 years later. I mean we know some, but it would be nice to see. It's the least they could do too and that is a secret I actually might keep
    I've seen the secret stats!

I am the keeper of the secrets!! *Evil laugh*

I shall take these secrets to the grave! *More Evil Laughter!*

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

hd ships ain't useless. they can be very good, and sometimes even better as fury versions IMO (assegai and mirage) mirage fury seems a little weird now when i went for 100k loyalty on that ship, so i used the hd ship and it was a beast same goes for assegai

As for turbo SL tt i sent you a PM

I like the elimination mode in HD but however i dislike the 2048's version of combat because tracks are too long, skill cuts etc etc. i do dislike the ship variants (speed, fighter, agility) but i like the idea of prototype ships with cool mechanics

Pure had the jukebox feature you can skip a song by pressing the touchpad tho

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=NotEnoughRed;253433]We thought about this during development, we felt it'd be too confusing for new players. (Why do these tracks look so bad?!) - it's also not a small amount of work - you'd need to set up leaderboards for the game modes, and then play test the game with the weapon pads, etc.. it's quite a lot of QA expense. It was on the wishlist - but quickly dropped as it felt "outside of the projects remit"

yeah they didn't look great at all when i played syncopia, no textures at all. still i loved the track

i think those boards are already in omega tho? i did look on leaderboards and they're available for single race, TT and SL, but 0 people on the boards, theres also detonator boards for 2048 (only shows up sometimes, think its a glitch) also 0 people on those

on ps3 version there were like 100-200 people on the syncopia Single race, TT and SL boards, 2-3 for mallavol (maybe they found out how to play mallavol on SR, TT SL somehow) however pro tozo and corridon shows up as 0 players

not really a fan of the turbo myself because its pretty overpowered and can do weird stuff with it like non designed shortcuts if a another game is coming then i would like the turbo to be like in wipEout pure, where turbo is pretty weak

time does seem like a big issue yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post

I've seen the secret stats!

I am the keeper of the secrets!! *Evil laugh*

I shall take these secrets to the grave! *More Evil Laughter!*
    ship's hidden stats? i wonder how its like on ag systems speed because its crazy on a+ better than piranha (piranha is slowest ship on a+ ) (1-2 second differences each lap)
    Last edited by Racingfan; 27th July 2017 at 02:47 PM.

Agreed on the speed ships, the easiest to control are the fastest. Piranha should be the fastest if you can do it, and so on down to Ag sys in last. .5 seconds per lap advantage from the most slippery to the least if piloted perfectly is about how it should be.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

@NotEnoughRed : first, a big thank for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate. And don't get me wrong, wishlist does not mean I'm not grateful for what you delivered.
    For the turbo in 2048, I can't agree with you because several skillcuts are accessible only with turbo and it's impossible to practice out of single race. I like the skillcuts idea a lot.

A bit like Racingfan, I liked Eliminator from Fury a lot more than Combat in 2048. For me, I like weapons, as long as it's still "a racing game, with weapons"
    And yeah I think I saw The 4 Puretastics on the leaderboard too

Hum, you give me a doubt about the sound effects, I'll give another try.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

and also @red, I'm only kidding really... those secret stats do become aware to those that pilot the ships to the full potential, er... sort of. Still, it might be nice to actually know if I am just crazy for believing that there is in fact a legit reason to chose HD ship over Fury based on hidden stats, or if there really are no hidden stats to consider.

I tend to think that there would not be Tigron and Uber added as HD only variants if the above were not true, and it seems like the HD ships have lower mass and thus all have different centers of gravity.

If you PM me your secrets, I promise not to tell =^.^=

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

for tigron and van uber since theres no fury variant i think they balanced the ships with fury variants of other ships. it has better stats than feisar but 15% lower shield

as for hidden stats, van uber seems to be better in pitching than feisar. van uber's handling is also better than feisar
    i hope XDEV sells van uber as a standalone soon. Van-Uber is the best phantom ship in some tracks like Sebenco and Sol
    Last edited by Racingfan; 28th July 2017 at 02:24 AM.

@NotEnoughRed : first, a big thank for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate. And don't get me wrong, wishlist does not mean I'm not grateful for what you delivered.
    Hey: I/We don't see it like that at all. Trust me, I'm the first one to wish there were more things in all games...

Regarding the secret stats...

I think the secret stats are what makes the game interesting aren't they? - it keeps the debate going, the tiny differences that add up on different tracks to make it about discovering which is the best ship / track combination. That's the end game of Wipeout, and so publishing the facts and figures removes the mystery and a [very slim] reason for keeping playing and trying different ships.

The HD ships being outclassed by the Fury ships is an interesting situation, the Fury DLC basically made the HD ships next-to-useless. (I'm sure there still are uses) but it seemed to be an active decision, and we wanted to respect that decision. There was a real temptation to tweak! but again our respect for the game and the franchise and all the people who have worked on it over the years, we felt that wasn't our job. We saw ourselves as painting restorers rather than painters.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The HD ships are the best for getting through 95% of Campaign IMHO, plus if you choose a HD craft the opposing AI craft are HD as well, so it's not as if the AI are having a advantage of using FURY craft.
    I've always found the Fury craft tend to bounce around a lot more than the HD ones, and since I always race in first person nose cam, that can be a real PITA

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Regarding the secret stats...

I think the secret stats are what makes the game interesting aren't they? - it keeps the debate going, the tiny differences that add up on different tracks to make it about discovering which is the best ship / track combination. That's the end game of Wipeout, and so publishing the facts and figures removes the mystery and a [very slim] reason for keeping playing and trying different ships.
    it is. if you understand which hidden stats a ship have, you can use that ship in a certain track instead of another, for example van uber has hidden pitch stats as rf said, also much more grip than other ships, so it's better to use it on low barrel rolls tracks etc.
    imho, it's up to the gamer to find them out using the ship till the death, it's like an experience achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I've always found the Fury craft tend to bounce around a lot more than the HD ones
    uhm, i see hd ships more bouncy, but maybe it's just my feel.
    i think it changes from ship to ship...i see icaras HD way more bouncy than icaras fury, can't remember other ships tho, but iirc also agsys hd is more bouncy than fury.
    but still, it's just a personal feeling
    Last edited by nu9get; 28th July 2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As I mentioned......If playing in Nose Cam View......Fury Craft bounce around, where the HD craft don't

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I personally prefer the hd ships. The three ships I actually use all look way better: tigron, Icaras and piranha. I also prefer the blue trails.

And if red is basically admitting that the hd ships do not have a balance or benefit over the fury variants then every self proclaimed expert should use them as a handicap.

I frequently do this. In a lobby full of all fury ships, if I win by a wide margin I'll switch to hd to be fair. Back in it was kind of a nod of mutual respect among pilots. I had many matches where someone close to my skill level would intentionally switch to the hd version to level the playing field. I always thought that was neat.

Still though it seems like hd ships still have some advantages. They seem to roll a little faster and have an easier to control center of gravity. Am I wrong here? Also it would appear that with piranha, the hd gets more afterburner time out of turbos and rolls than fury.
    Last edited by mannjon; 28th July 2017 at 02:00 PM.

nu9get Guest

to me, hd ships are not that much disadvantaged over the fury ships...at least on phantom speed, the difference is so small that you almost don't feel it (i talk for me), that's why i use them on multiplayer + aesthetic factor, cus some hd models looks so beautiful then i don't really care about the stats

but still depends on the ship imo, for example auricom fury is way better than auricom hd in term of stats so you can really feel the disadvantage there, auri hd is so heavy and hard to turn compared to fury.
    feisar\agsys fury is almost the same of hd models if you play them on phantom...i would say ag sys hd is EVEN better than fury model. Still a personal feeling here too.

also i agree with you mannjon about the blue trails, way more cool i love when you get mixed red\blue trails, it looks amazing!
    Last edited by nu9get; 28th July 2017 at 02:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

@NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
    EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U
    Last edited by Temet; 28th July 2017 at 03:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well though it was possible, it has obviously been patched out now. Not sure how that impacts overall code of the game. But it was a pretty significant fix. You can still access Syncopia events on HD on the PS3, even with the latest version.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i wonder if tech de ra reverse replaced by a blank icon which is where syncopia were was caused by lag when loading the track list

everything loads instant now in omega

@notenoughred

is there a reason why the fury main menu dynamic theme was removed from omega? really loved fury theme

- - - Updated - - -

@NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
    EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U
    good times on syncopia online. its also possible to play 600 point elimination match on syncopia, which is a 120 lap race because of no weapon pads
    Last edited by Racingfan; 29th July 2017 at 03:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I don't know if the music effect when the colors in Zone mode changes are in Omega so I would like to see that as well.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 6th August 2017 at 05:38 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i did some testing on sol on C/B's speed in A class, i did this by holding the acculator button (r2) a tiny bit till it reaches a steady 3 bars on speed meter out of 5
    if you don't know, developers locked Sol in racebox on C-B classes because the AI couldn't reach the other side of the gap on C and B classes but it was locked on SL and TT as well

D is 3 bars out of 5 (piranha speed)
    C is 4 out of 5 (piranha speed) bars without using any rolls or speed pads
    B is 5 (piranha speed)

piranha speed reaches the other side very easily with 3 bars on speed meter even without using pitch by using the left pad right before the gap

fighter ships may be a issue on C/B in sol as they have terrible stats in pitching etc as i had trouble making the jump with fighter ships on 3 bars with no pitch, so maybe make the ship selection speed ships only on sol TT and speed lap?
    Last edited by Racingfan; 12th August 2017 at 03:31 AM.