Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Regarding the secret stats...

I think the secret stats are what makes the game interesting aren't they? - it keeps the debate going, the tiny differences that add up on different tracks to make it about discovering which is the best ship / track combination. That's the end game of Wipeout, and so publishing the facts and figures removes the mystery and a [very slim] reason for keeping playing and trying different ships.
    it is. if you understand which hidden stats a ship have, you can use that ship in a certain track instead of another, for example van uber has hidden pitch stats as rf said, also much more grip than other ships, so it's better to use it on low barrel rolls tracks etc.
    imho, it's up to the gamer to find them out using the ship till the death, it's like an experience achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I've always found the Fury craft tend to bounce around a lot more than the HD ones
    uhm, i see hd ships more bouncy, but maybe it's just my feel.
    i think it changes from ship to ship...i see icaras HD way more bouncy than icaras fury, can't remember other ships tho, but iirc also agsys hd is more bouncy than fury.
    but still, it's just a personal feeling
    Last edited by nu9get; 28th July 2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As I mentioned......If playing in Nose Cam View......Fury Craft bounce around, where the HD craft don't

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I personally prefer the hd ships. The three ships I actually use all look way better: tigron, Icaras and piranha. I also prefer the blue trails.

And if red is basically admitting that the hd ships do not have a balance or benefit over the fury variants then every self proclaimed expert should use them as a handicap.

I frequently do this. In a lobby full of all fury ships, if I win by a wide margin I'll switch to hd to be fair. Back in it was kind of a nod of mutual respect among pilots. I had many matches where someone close to my skill level would intentionally switch to the hd version to level the playing field. I always thought that was neat.

Still though it seems like hd ships still have some advantages. They seem to roll a little faster and have an easier to control center of gravity. Am I wrong here? Also it would appear that with piranha, the hd gets more afterburner time out of turbos and rolls than fury.
    Last edited by mannjon; 28th July 2017 at 03:00 PM.

nu9get Guest

to me, hd ships are not that much disadvantaged over the fury ships...at least on phantom speed, the difference is so small that you almost don't feel it (i talk for me), that's why i use them on multiplayer + aesthetic factor, cus some hd models looks so beautiful then i don't really care about the stats

but still depends on the ship imo, for example auricom fury is way better than auricom hd in term of stats so you can really feel the disadvantage there, auri hd is so heavy and hard to turn compared to fury.
    feisar\agsys fury is almost the same of hd models if you play them on phantom...i would say ag sys hd is EVEN better than fury model. Still a personal feeling here too.

also i agree with you mannjon about the blue trails, way more cool i love when you get mixed red\blue trails, it looks amazing!
    Last edited by nu9get; 28th July 2017 at 03:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

@NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
    EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U
    Last edited by Temet; 28th July 2017 at 04:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well though it was possible, it has obviously been patched out now. Not sure how that impacts overall code of the game. But it was a pretty significant fix. You can still access Syncopia events on HD on the PS3, even with the latest version.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i wonder if tech de ra reverse replaced by a blank icon which is where syncopia were was caused by lag when loading the track list

everything loads instant now in omega

@notenoughred

is there a reason why the fury main menu dynamic theme was removed from omega? really loved fury theme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    @NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
    EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U
    good times on syncopia online. its also possible to play 600 point elimination match on syncopia, which is a 120 lap race because of no weapon pads
    Last edited by Racingfan; 29th July 2017 at 04:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I don't know if the music effect when the colors in Zone mode changes are in Omega so I would like to see that as well.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 6th August 2017 at 06:38 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i did some testing on sol on C/B's speed in A class, i did this by holding the acculator button (r2) a tiny bit till it reaches a steady 3 bars on speed meter out of 5
    if you don't know, developers locked Sol in racebox on C-B classes because the AI couldn't reach the other side of the gap on C and B classes but it was locked on SL and TT as well

D is 3 bars out of 5 (piranha speed)
    C is 4 out of 5 (piranha speed) bars without using any rolls or speed pads
    B is 5 (piranha speed)

piranha speed reaches the other side very easily with 3 bars on speed meter even without using pitch by using the left pad right before the gap

fighter ships may be a issue on C/B in sol as they have terrible stats in pitching etc as i had trouble making the jump with fighter ships on 3 bars with no pitch, so maybe make the ship selection speed ships only on sol TT and speed lap?
    Last edited by Racingfan; 12th August 2017 at 04:31 AM.