Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online dying

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Never had that screen on the Omega collection online works really well for me and is much more reliable than PS3

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Reddit pilots race on novice. Can't hang with us.
    What do you mean, are you serious? :/

I'm surprised and sad PS+ is such a big issue for so many. That wouldn't have occurred to me, having PS+ has become so normal to me.

On the flip side of the PS+ issue, I have been wondering how much WipEout HD being a game that was available on PS+ on PS3 has affected the number of people who played it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

The main reasons for "online dying" in my opinion are:

- they kept the faulty old game engine, so the game was broken from day #1 (pole position cheats, turbo-cheats, net cheats etc.)
    - they altered the game to something looking and sounding like "Mario Cart"
    - many of the 2048 tracks offer very bad contrast so it gives you a pain in the *ss playing them.
    - Lobby limited to 10 rooms (a prophet programmed that), they simply forget to implement scrolling lol.

No one plays a game for long in a sad condition like that. Those who quit spread the word - others then avoid spending money on that.

Once again it looks to me like a cheap, loveless money-maker. All they had to do was alter/add a few files and press "compile" at the PS4-dev-console.
    This obviously did not convince veterans and new players - so RIP WO.

Ah - yeah - i'm enjoying to watch Omega going down - those responsible for this deserve that.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

as for "faulty old engine" i don't get it Pole postition cheat? Turbo cheats? If you mean RNG for it, yes its weird ,There should be a limit in online only like 2 max. Net? If you mean netcode, it's been improved a lot on ps4 version. the ps3 netcode wasn't great, even if you have a very good net

As for scrolling i don't think they forgot to "add" that, theres filter in lobby menu so maybe they thought it wasn't really needed for scrolling. I do miss it though

The last line of your post... A bit too serious there

@jf yeah that error iw very annoying, i always get it
    @missmolotov i think WOHD was the first game on ps plus back in 2010 when plus wasn't really worth it IMO. It did become free 1 year later after psn hack tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Fire_ View Post
    From playing online on and off most of the last week, i've seen pretty much full screens of lobbies around early afternoon times in the EU server, for a good few hours, and one or two in US, makes me wonder if some people miss that you can change location too.

People don't like waiting for games to fill up either and quit out which sucks, when if you wait one or two minutes, usually people will join.

I've beat the campaigns and stuff, but still drop in online every now and then, trying to support the game
    Lots miss it I did too for 10 minutes. If you have a version of the game that isn't from EU, it will default you to the region you are from. So those with it will check for games, but 0 games 99% of the time in other regions than eu so they host instead (will also default you to the region ur from) and nobody joins, and they never try again, i really really hope they still work on the game and 1.02 isnt final and remove the region list and make the lobby list global.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Has anyone seen any JPN or AS servers at all? Ever?
    Seen 1 in jp and 1 in asia but thats all
    Last edited by Racingfan; 9th July 2017 at 03:13 PM.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I think it's probably mainly down to lack of promotion/marketing, yes, WipEout Omega did sell very well in UK/EU, but there was no vocal incentive to play online, if you look at the games that go big with online play, they usually have online play implemented heavily into their marketing strategy as well as having some of the big Youtubers/Youtube-groups like Vanoss, SeaNanners, Kyr Sp33dy, Chilled Chaos, etc,. playing multi-episode series and if you look at it close enough, you'll realise that this was a MASSIVE factor in people picking up Rocket League. WipEout Omega just didn't have any of that.

There's also one big massive open goal which I think they missed completely = they should have given players the ability to play any ship on any track and work out a performance equivalency/balance of performance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post

I guess this is A main reason why the online is almost dead in wipeout omega collection
    Happening all the time to me. I cannot join like 3/4 of the lobbies I try to join, it's so frustrating.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by Olivario View Post
    Happening all the time to me. I cannot join like 3/4 of the lobbies I try to join, it's so frustrating.
    Hey there. I played a few races with you this past weekend and remember you from PS3. This happens to me occasionally too. I think it's because too many players are trying to fill up the lobby we want to join. Instead of giving you a "this lobby is full" message we get that error instead which is very annoying. Sometimes I refresh the screen and look to see if the player count in that lobby goes down. If it does I try joining again and it usually lets me in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the online is A real joke with omega collection, PS3 allows me to play whenever i want without asking for 50bucks a year. on PS4 i need to pay that ridiculously expensive price, but just cannot play whenever i want. that's the first and last time i paid for ps+. i thought it would make things better, not worse. what a shame and waste of money.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

hope they fix the issue if theres another patch coming

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by BlackReign View Post
    Hey there. I played a few races with you this past weekend and remember you from PS3. This happens to me occasionally too. I think it's because too many players are trying to fill up the lobby we want to join. Instead of giving you a "this lobby is full" message we get that error instead which is very annoying. Sometimes I refresh the screen and look to see if the player count in that lobby goes down. If it does I try joining again and it usually lets me in.
    Hi BlackReign, I remembered you too. I'm not really sure what is the cause, I have tried to refresh the screen several times and yet it seems like I'll never be able to join a lobby that hasn't let me in in the first time. Sometimes I've been able to do it after reinitiating the whole game, but most of the times it isn't possible.

Today it has been a nightmare. As JF says, there wasn't (almost) any problem with online in PS3 regarding the joining of lobbies, I hope this is fixed the soonest possible,

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Hi BlackReign, I remembered you too. I'm not really sure what is the cause, I have tried to refresh the screen several times and yet it seems like I'll never be able to join a lobby that hasn't let me in in the first time. Sometimes I've been able to do it after reinitiating the whole game, but most of the times it isn't possible.

Today it has been a nightmare. As JF says, there wasn't (almost) any problem with online in PS3 regarding the joining of lobbies, I hope this is fixed the soonest possible,
    Olivario,
    So I noticed in the Glitches and Troubleshooting sticky thread there's a guy on the dev team called NotEnoughRed who says this is happening because of the following (also included a link to his comment in the thread:

"Just a quick one with the Error code: This was actually changed because of a technical requirement. We had to make the error codes super generic instead of actually providing error information. (Don't ask!)

If you're regularly getting an error code - it's almost 100% down to a NAT type problem, either the game you're trying to join is being hosted by someone with a NAT 2 or NAT 3 - or.. you have a NAT type of 2 or 3 and are trying to join a NAT 1 player.

If you look into changing your NAT to 1, you'll most likely see a reduction in these error messages. - Also, quite a lot of the time, "Game is full" will also generate this generic error message."

Link to his comment:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...895#post251895

Hope this helps both you and JF.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i have NAT 2, and i tried joining friends who has NAT 2 and i have same issues.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

To me, WipEout will still grow up..
    There are some players that first, they prefer to play Single player ( and eventually finish it ) then play multiplayer, I am one of those. For example, on the first period I barely played online, because first I was busy with other stuff ( exams and bla bla bla ) and then because, those few times I had free time, I went straight to campaign, really enjoyed it.

Now that I almost finished everything on single player ( I'm lvl 48 on 2048 ) and all other stuff I'm playing a lot more online mode. But also we have to consider that most players could be new, so they won't finish single player fast, WipEout is an extremely hard game after all.

yeah, there are always some negatives aspects ( no new game for example, or WipEout not being famous anymore as others series sadly.. ) but I want to be confident. At my zone, on morning is, well, really dead ( today, for the first time, there were 0 lobbies ), but on evening I always see 10 lobbies. I live in Italy.
    Also the error code mentioned before is also making its bad part, some guys like me, Racingfan and JF are really afflicted by this, sometimes I try over and over to join a lobby, but other times I give up and then go play some Racebox.

Also, I hope devs will keep an eye on this game and release updates frequently. I know it's hard but I think support is the main thing to keep a game alive

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Thank you for the info BlackReign, I'll try to change NAT to 1 to see if that works.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by XxSuperRyugaxX View Post
    To me, WipEout will still grow up..
    There are some players that first, they prefer to play Single player ( and eventually finish it ) then play multiplayer, I am one of those. For example, on the first period I barely played online, because first I was busy with other stuff ( exams and bla bla bla ) and then because, those few times I had free time, I went straight to campaign, really enjoyed it.

Now that I almost finished everything on single player ( I'm lvl 48 on 2048 ) and all other stuff I'm playing a lot more online mode. But also we have to consider that most players could be new, so they won't finish single player fast, WipEout is an extremely hard game after all.

yeah, there are always some negatives aspects ( no new game for example, or WipEout not being famous anymore as others series sadly.. ) but I want to be confident. At my zone, on morning is, well, really dead ( today, for the first time, there were 0 lobbies ), but on evening I always see 10 lobbies. I live in Italy.
    Also the error code mentioned before is also making its bad part, some guys like me, Racingfan and JF are really afflicted by this, sometimes I try over and over to join a lobby, but other times I give up and then go play some Racebox.

Also, I hope devs will keep an eye on this game and release updates frequently. I know it's hard but I think support is the main thing to keep a game alive
    Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the info BlackReign, I'll try to change NAT to 1 to see if that works.
    No problem. Did it help?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

Haven't tried yet, but of course if I do it I'll post here whether it worked or not

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Haven't tried yet, but of course if I do it I'll post here whether it worked or not
    Cool.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I'm actually looking for someone to play some Eliminator to finish off the trophies in WOC. Just haven't had the time to do it yet. I'm also surprised that my Mi-Fi works with Omega Collection. Haven't lagged out and such.