Thread: 0.8 is out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Default 0.8 is out!

Hey everyone, BallisticNG 0.8 just came out so I thought I'd create this thread for any discussion related to it. You can check out the announcement here

To avoid making this post huge, here's the major key changes to the update:

• Tutorial replaced with pilot assist and a hint system
    • A large amount of the game reprogrammed to retrofit in a new gamemode system - knockout and target being two new gamemodes in this release
    • New AI that simulate human input, can race on multiple racing lines and have re balanced difficulties
    • A large portion of the game's sounds have been updated, the game now routes its audio through the Unity audio mixer and a sonic boom effect was added
    • Updates to weapons including new effects, tweaks, fixes and the addition of the Hunter - a first place seeking cruise missile
    • Harpstone, Zephr Ridge, Aciknovae and Utah Project have had various updates, Luna is now complete
    • Modern wipeout physics (2280 mode) has been drastically improved

PSN ID
    fraki7456

Good luck on the launch, bigsnake!

Hi, I'd like to ask if there will be a non-steam version.

Thank you in advance

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I'm not building non-steam versions anymore because it's too much of an inconvenience to manage separate versions of the game, 1.0 will have a non-steam build available but before then all updates are going to be through Steam only. The game however does not use steamworks DRM so if you download the game through Steam then you do not need Steam running for the game to launch, you'll just not be able to use the leaderboards.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't mean to nitpick but... You wouldn't hear the sonic boom inside the cockpit because you would be travelling faster than the sound waves that would bring it to your ears. You would only hear it if the microphone was outside the craft. It is a nice touch though. Keep up the good work!