Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Collection Platinum Roadblocks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by skythian View Post
    ...This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.
    Seriously, use AURICOM prototype, it's the best Eliminator ship imho. Stay in the middle of the action and just spam weapons whenever possible. It doesn't matter, how many times you die. It'll still take some tries, but ultimately you'll succeed.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by skythian View Post
    Yeah, I can't beat this either. I've spent over 4 hours on it now over the course of 3 evenings. Seriously contemplating giving up on the platinum because of this. This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.
    I used the Qirex fighter and spammed weapons. I stayed with the pack. If I found myself too far away I just raced until I caught up with most of the AI racers. If you get quakes maximize the damage it does by using it when everyone is clumped up preferably near the end of a lap when their health is low.

PSN ID
    skythian

Quote Originally Posted by BlackReign View Post
    I used the Qirex fighter and spammed weapons. I stayed with the pack. If I found myself too far away I just raced until I caught up with most of the AI racers. If you get quakes maximize the damage it does by using it when everyone is clumped up preferably near the end of a lap when their health is low.
    You had quakes in this race? I have never gotten one. Just checked the menu and it looks like quakes aren't available (although it also says mines ARE available in this race... and I've also never gotten those, only bombs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    Seriously, use AURICOM prototype, it's the best Eliminator ship imho. Stay in the middle of the action and just spam weapons whenever possible. It doesn't matter, how many times you die. It'll still take some tries, but ultimately you'll succeed.
    I'll give this a try. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Auricom prototype was the answer! Took about 20 minutes of trying after I switched over to it. After averaging in the 80s I finally got a race with 119 points. Thanks for the tips!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

The only problem with the Auricom Prototype is that it is slow. If you fall behind, you won't likely catch up to the other ships, and those ships you can catch will have just respawned (meaning full energy). I would almost say to avoid the Auricom due to speed. I personally had problems with this race too, but I eventually beat it with the Qirex Fighter.

The trick is to make good use of the narrow straights and plasma bolts. I also clogged the choke points where the track sections reconnect after a split with bombs. Past that it is a lot of luck with pickups.

PSN ID
    skythian

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    The only problem with the Auricom Prototype is that it is slow. If you fall behind, you won't likely catch up to the other ships, and those ships you can catch will have just respawned (meaning full energy). I would almost say to avoid the Auricom due to speed. I personally had problems with this race too, but I eventually beat it with the Qirex Fighter.

The trick is to make good use of the narrow straights and plasma bolts. I also clogged the choke points where the track sections reconnect after a split with bombs. Past that it is a lot of luck with pickups.
    The lack of speed wasn't a big deal for me since the field is so slow in combat events anyway. Plus, the time savings from not slowing down after being hit is more than worth the speed deficiency. That was the key for me. I was just losing too much time in the Qirex from getting hit and slowing down (or having a plasma get knocked off alignment because someone nailed me with a rocket right before the shot went off).

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

So you got the elite pass? Great news!

PSN ID
    skythian

Yep, just missing zone events now. I have 5 more to go. We'll see if my old man reflexes are up to the challenge.

Timezone
    GMT -6

despite being someone who's not quite mastered the art with the air brakes (I'm a bit prone to turning too sharply and hitting inside), I'm at least able to navigate some courses, like Empire Climb on A+... where i start having problems is dealing with the AI straight up... I've seen Hellfire manage to stay ahead of the pack in his A+ videos, so it's certainly possible.

I dunno, what's a good mentality with getting past the Elite AI on the A+ challenges... or, in general?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

You don't need to elite pass all A+ challenges to get "Elite Completist". A+ and Prototype challenges don't count towards it, but you'll need to Elite pass all prototype challenges for "Prototype".

Good news are you only need to elite pass a single race to unlock "Speed Thrills" trophy.

I think Sol is probably the easiest track to do it. Here's my video and it wasn't stellar by any means. I played it very safe, only taking the last shortcut.

Note that it seems like AG-S Speed is actually the fastest in A+ class despite the stats. You should definitely give that ship a try if you're having problems with AI straight up.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by Unison_Phoenix View Post
    despite being someone who's not quite mastered the art with the air brakes (I'm a bit prone to turning too sharply and hitting inside), I'm at least able to navigate some courses, like Empire Climb on A+... where i start having problems is dealing with the AI straight up... I've seen Hellfire manage to stay ahead of the pack in his A+ videos, so it's certainly possible.

I dunno, what's a good mentality with getting past the Elite AI on the A+ challenges... or, in general?
    Keep your lines tight and efficient as possible. Learn the skill cuts and use them as much as possible. Do barrel rolls whenever it's obvious to do them. If you learn some of the other track short cuts (not skill cuts) like going off the right side of the track on Sol right before that big drop, etc, you'll have an edge over the AI. I'd also use either AG speed or the Feisar prototype. The AI kinda cheats by recovering from impacts almost instantly. So the sooner you can get ahead of them the better. Once you get ahead go for the green pads. If you do all this you should be able to pass them all in the first couple laps or so. Then it's just a matter of hanging on to the lead.

Timezone
    GMT -6

whelp, I guess it's back to Speed lap to adjust...

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    You don't need to elite pass all A+ challenges to get "Elite Completist". A+ and Prototype challenges don't count towards it, but you'll need to Elite pass all prototype challenges for "Prototype".

Good news are you only need to elite pass a single race to unlock "Speed Thrills" trophy.

I think Sol is probably the easiest track to do it. Here's my video and it wasn't stellar by any means. I played it very safe, only taking the last shortcut.

*video snipped*

Note that it seems like AG-S Speed is actually the fastest in A+ class despite the stats. You should definitely give that ship a try if you're having problems with AI straight up.
    I actually already got the Speed Thrills trophy (I got Sol as well, but I later nabbed Metro Park by a lucky Missile impact), but I decided to get Elite pass on all the A+ challenges just as a sort of skill milestone achievement. only Prototype Challenge I haven't Elite Passed is the one I haven't unlocked yet, The Pir-hana Prototype.

I also read on another thread that, apparently, Acceleration is a hidden stat in 2048 for some odd reason, and the AG systems speed has the best, so while it's not the fastest outright, it's able to maintain its top speed, whereas others aren't able to... or, something like that... if it were the case, it would make some sense, in a way.
    Last edited by Unison_Phoenix; 25th July 2017 at 03:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

whelp, I guess it's back to Speed lap to adjust...
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm a long time WO player but didn't play 2048 until now (I didn't have or want a Vita). Speed laps helped me learn those track. I still don't know them that well but well enough to have gotten elite passes in the campaign. I'm sure you'll do it too.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Actually in A+ (and possibly A) there is much debate about the AG SYS. Apparently is faster than it seems, and pretty much destroys every other ship by comparison on stats. I think the original thread is in the glitches post.

Timezone
    GMT -6

back again, and this time it's with something I vented about before on the PSN community wall... namely the finer points of the airbrakes.

I'm currently attempting the Rockway Stadium Zone event with the Qirex Agility, and almost always seem to turn too much with the hairpin right after the jump and i end up dragging along the inside wall before having to scramble for the right angled turn immediately after... I also seem to have difficulties judging the turns so I find myself turning too soon in my attempt to predict it... maybe I'm not in the best frame of mind to attempt this, Altima, or Unity Square... but until I can figure out the more precise aspects of the friggin things, I can't see myself elite passing those events anytime soon.

also... 2048 Zone challenges are freakishly NASTY compared to the HD ones I've attempted! I mean, sure, the HD tracks are much narrower, but Zone 60 is crazy compared to HD's Zone 25-30 on Elite difficulty...
    Last edited by Unison_Phoenix; 30th July 2017 at 09:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

There was an in depth discussion about this already in a different thread. This thread should provide some tips and details that will make that specific challenge a ton easier. For the turn you describe, you want to get in a rhythm of the right amount of hard braking, sideshift, and then counter balance any variations in your line with another slightly less hard air brake. It's a muscle memory turn.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...h-Bad-Reflexes

Timezone
    GMT -6

I need to start exploring this place a bit more...

Thanks again.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Just need 50 kills online if anyone is willing to play Eliminator online.

PSN ID
    skythian

Finally got Elite Completist. That just leaves grinding to level 50 and the Pirhana prototype for the platinum. Zone wasn't that bad for me. I probably got Elite passes on half of them the first try and had 3 or 4 attempts on Rockaway stadium, which was the hardest zone for me. Thanks a million for the tips in this thread and the reflexes thread, mannjon.

By FAR the hardest event for me was the damn subway combat challenge. I never want to play eliminator on that track again.

Timezone
    GMT -6

HAH, i got very lucky with that one... went Auricom Prototype to minimize the weapons wasted on absorbing, and for whatever reason, got Plasma a LOT... even with that stoke of luck, I still only had a few seconds remaining on the clock when I Elite Passed it.

although, personally, I don't find combat events in 2048 as challenging compared to HD's... i mean, weapon system is not really given any tweaks, so there's little incentive to make any laps, at least with HD's Eliminator, there's a good reason to keep making laps.
    Last edited by Unison_Phoenix; 13th August 2017 at 08:09 AM.

PSN ID
    skythian

HAH, i got very lucky with that one... went Auricom Prototype to minimize the weapons wasted on absorbing, and for whatever reason, got Plasma a LOT... even with that stoke of luck, I still only had a few seconds remaining on the clock when I Elite Passed it.

although, personally, I don't find combat events in 2048 as challenging compared to HD's... i mean, weapon system is not really given any tweaks, so there's little incentive to make any laps, at least with HD's Eliminator, there's a good reason to keep making laps.
    Oh I have to disagree. I thought the HD combat challenges were stupidly easy. I would get a few laps and then just park at the straight and launch rockets at people while facing the opposite direction. 2048 combat was pretty easy too, up until the Subway and Altima events...

You're totally right about the zone events though. 2048 zone is no joke.

For those that are trying to reach level 50, this is touched on in the other thread but if you're at around level 46 (I had just gotten 46 after Elite Completist), you'll need roughly 200,000 XP to get level 50. This is about 3.5 hours of the Sol glitch.