Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Collection Platinum Roadblocks

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default Omega Collection Platinum Roadblocks

I thought I would set up a thread to help people with specific problems or road blocks preventing them from transcending. Please post any of your race related problems here, and hopefully the community can help you out with videos and advice. Consider this a general advice and trophy help thread for the Omega Collection.

Be as specific as possible when posting a tip or problem.

Sometimes the answer isn't as simple as git gud.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Thank you for this! Right now I am having difficulty elite passing the zone stages in 2049 and 2050. I have elite passed all other events (race, combat, time trial). I don't know which ship to use, and the in-game records don't indicate what ships other players used. All tips and suggestions for this welcome. Thank you.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I did this using the AG Systems Agility, but you might find it gets a little too twitchy at higher zones. The Qirex or Pir-Hana Agility may be a strangely better choice. Also, avoid the AG Systems Prototype - yes it does have by far the highest agility but it takes double damage, punishing you for even the slightest error.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I just replied to your post in a similar thread (tips for older pilots). There is more detail in that post, but Hellfire's answer is about what it sums up to. Ag Prototype is for zone pro's only looking for top zone WR attempts; extra SS range is not worth 2X damage.

I like the Qirex Agility for the 2048-2049 challenges because the shield stat means scrapes don't do damage and won't affect perfect zones. I only use the Ag Agility for the 2050 challenges. That stiffer handling helped me not to wobble as much on less technical tracks, and I didn't over-shoot difficult turn series as much. Keep in mind that since there are no zone specific ships, SS will be necessary for certain series (looking at you Rockaway hairpins). Also try not to get air on most tracks, but use it to your advantage for Altima and Sol where it is unavoidable because you still have some control in the air. Nose down is needed to prevent leaping of the track and can be tough to combine with steering if you aren't already use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    Thank you for this! Right now I am having difficulty elite passing the zone stages in 2049 and 2050. I have elite passed all other events (race, combat, time trial). I don't know which ship to use, and the in-game records don't indicate what ships other players used. All tips and suggestions for this welcome. Thank you.
    Best tip I can give you is to try again, and again, without trying any other event in between tries. You’ll get a little bit better every time until you reach it. Try to blink regularly as your eyes tend to stay open too long.
    Also, I always used the Auricom Agility, which has a really good shield rating.

The rest is pure skill, I think.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Thank you for the tips everyone. I will take this and try and try and try again. I don't mind losing after all.
    ---
    Update: Managed to reach zone 80 on Sol last night. It has begun!
    Last edited by dontmindlosing; 5th July 2017 at 12:52 PM.

PSN ID
    skythian

I'm looking forward to utilizing these zone tips in 2048. You guys are awesome. With this forum even an old fart like me can have a chance of transcending (again).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Honestly, the only real roadblock for me is a PSN+ subscription And I'm not willing to shell out for just one game, at least not yet.

I will say that elite passing the Altima zone event was the biggest hurdle for me by far. I eventually managed it by using AG-Sys Agility and trying my hardest to avoid any skillcuts.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlija View Post
    Honestly, the only real roadblock for me is a PSN+ subscription And I'm not willing to shell out for just one game, at least not yet.

I will say that elite passing the Altima zone event was the biggest hurdle for me by far. I eventually managed it by using AG-Sys Agility and trying my hardest to avoid any skillcuts.
    A note about Altima, the complex turns are harder for the skill cut just before the start line, but the skill cut is way easier to fudge. The non-skill cut route has a harder entry than the skill cut does around zone 40 or so. Problem is, if you aren't used to it, it is quite tricky. I recommend choosing one or the other to begin with and stick to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Thanks, I'll try it once I feel confident enough to give it a go again

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Alphalon

Does anyone have any tips for the Subway combat event in the 2049 grid? I'm consistently getting regular passes with the Auricom Prototype, but I can't seem to get 100 points, and I do even worse with the Qirex Fighter.

I used the Qirex Prototype and simply shot my way through the 100 points barrier with its only weapon, the cannon.

Got 104 points I think. Not that hard, just gotta stay with the pack at all times (behind everyone), be lucky (shoot already damaged opponents and destroy them) and patient (took me about 5-6 tries).

Also, you’ll notice the others tend to stay to the left at the fork and not take the underground tunnel.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

This one is just plain hard. Part of the reason is that the split divides traffic quite a bit, and it always seems random. I must have had a score of 99 about 6 times before finally getting 125 (I think that's what it was). I wound up sticking with the Qirex Fighter. The key here is wait for narrow spots to strategically land plasma bolts.

•I typically got at least one fired off right away before the split which almost always makes contact.

•After the ships break up a little bit, I went left, and the back right underground because of the narrow tunnel there. Also, you'll have a great line up for that next turn on the exit just before the first open air part of the track. Any ship that took the other route that lap will be passing by as you exit, so this is a great place to use a plasma as well.

•Having done this enough, I'm fairly positive the routes are pretty random, I think that adhoc might have just had a lucky streak. In my experience, there seemed to be no correlation whatsoever, so I just chose a route and stuck with it. If you can, try to force pilots over into your route on splits. Act as a barrier and nudge them over.

•I always went left (in the tunnel) as opposed to the open air route. That straight makes is hard to successfully use Plasmas there because of all the speed pads and the wide track. If you use the tunnels, it fusterclucks the ships up enough to deal some damage.

•I'm sure you are doing this already, but I always bomb the route I didn't take for each split if I had a defensive weapon near by.

PSN ID
    skythian

Wow, the 2050 Sol Combat challenge is annoying. Since the ships are slowed down, none of them can make the first jump and end up dying endlessly and repeating it over and over. I don't know if this has been mentioned in the glitch thread yet...

Anyway, I took advantage of it and parked the Qirex prototype next to the jump and just shot the endlessly respawning ships until I got the Elite pass. Super annoying event otherwise.

You’ll pass the jump by lifting the nose of the ship even at low speeds. And use the side speed pads, not the middle one.

PSN ID
    skythian

I figured that out eventually but the AI didn't. They get into an infinite loop failing it.

Also, what is the easiest A+ challenge to Elite pass?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by skythian View Post
    I figured that out eventually but the AI didn't. They get into an infinite loop failing it.

Also, what is the easiest A+ challenge to Elite pass?
    I thought the Sol Elite challenge was pretty straight forward and prob the easiest for me.

PSN ID
    skythian

Agreed, only took me a few tries. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Also for future pilots needing advice, the Empire Climb isn't bad either since you already have to do it for the Feisar Prototype.

PSN ID
    skythian

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwire View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for the Subway combat event in the 2049 grid? I'm consistently getting regular passes with the Auricom Prototype, but I can't seem to get 100 points, and I do even worse with the Qirex Fighter.
    Yeah, I can't beat this either. I've spent over 4 hours on it now over the course of 3 evenings. Seriously contemplating giving up on the platinum because of this. This race is awful. Any other tips? I've tried the Qirex prototype, but I always seem to score better with the Qirex fighter. I have been choosing left at all the forks. Gotten in the 90s several times but I can't break 100.