Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Large Scale Community Tournament

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Guess I'm out then lol. Up for promoting though no problem.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i still think there should be two tournaments

one for newer ones and one for the elite

the newer ones can have barrel rolls disabled and feisar prototype and piranha speed shouldnt be allowed imo

but the elite group the only one not allowed would be feisar prototype

the elite group can have a mix of weapon on and pure, i think 2048 would be best for pure because the RNG is very broken, you can get maybe 20 turbos a race, or you can get a few. and weapons are pretty much useless except missile

as for A+. if ag systems wasnt allowed, feisar would be the best one, feisar isnt a huge difference vs ag sys, but qirex, auricom and piranha is on A+

or make it that everyone has to use a specific ship for that race on 2048
    Last edited by Racingfan; 25th August 2017 at 09:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I dunno whats the plan exactly but how about gaining a list of participants?

For example everyone who likes to join [no matter what datetime exactly, just in general] can write her/his name in one of two lists: Beginners and experienced pilots. In that list, there could also be a vote option implemented for barrel rolls off or on.
    Or make two tournaments for each skill. One with BRs off, another with BRs on - kinda thing...

All in all it sounds like a great idea. Would be the first tournament I can participate to

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    and I would be willing to bet that very few of the less experienced players would be up for racing on A+.
    I think this tournament must focus on newcomers to bring more people on the franchise if possible. Top pilots can make their own elite tournament like omnium etc. But would greatly help to promote the event
    Maybe something that could attract people would be to create categories to have balanced levels. for example, category D : everybody can enter - category C : players with a ranking around 50000 (the average) on overall single races and time trials. category : B around 10000 etc.
    The idea is to create qualifications on each category with the possibility for the best players to access the upper category.
    Imo flash (c) class should be selected for the whole tournament and maybe introducing combat races which are very popular for casual players.
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th August 2017 at 11:01 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I like the idea of a tourney for newer and/or lesser experienced pilots. In general I'm all for anything to helps bring more players to playing WO online. It sucks firing up my PS4 at 8 or 9pm during the week and not find any lobbies. And if there is a lobby it's only like one Flash lobby with two people.

That said I'm not a huge fan of turning off BRs for a new pilot tourney. I feel like that's skill new pilots should learn/encouraged and try to master and those who do will be rewarded.