Thread: WipEout Series Music Youtube playlist

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default WipEout Series Music Youtube playlist

Hello everyone. Iv'e created a Youtube playlist compiling all music tracks from every version of every WipEout game. Read the playlist description for more details. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PKoezIOmirDiRW

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

This is awesome. Thank you.

I gotta say that I think the Omega Collection soundtrack on the whole is solid. The more I listen to it, the more I want to listen to it. It might even be my favourite soundtrack yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Has to be a generational thing... I reckon Omega's OST is a complete trainwreck, to put it lightly.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I didn't like Omega's playlist myself (maybe like one or two songs I liked from there if I am honest) and to top it off, no custom music due to Sony's policy.
    Last edited by Light Buster; 21st June 2017 at 10:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pime_Taradox234

Yeah, I tried to like Omega's soundtrack but the majority of it is unremarkable for me. At least there's the Media Player.

And also thanks for the playlist, it reminds me that I still need to put the Saturn exclusive stuff from 1/2097 in my big Wipeout and Friends playlist (featuring stuff from Gran Turismo, Demolition Racer, Rage Racer, Kinetica, Extreme-G 3 and others ).
    Last edited by Force Ten; 21st June 2017 at 11:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Or post production music if you're like me who uses video editing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Generational? Cause I'm 40?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Glad you like it. =) If you notice that i missed a spot, tell me and i'll fix it. I didn't include Carnival XIII by Breeder because it was only in the WipEout fusion demo.

You can use a USB drive to play any custom music on PS4 with no ads. (Including CoLD SToRAGE)

Here's how to do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kc81GaBoLE
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 22nd June 2017 at 03:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

If anyone is interested, I have amassed a lot of good more modern DnB stuff (heavy bass with a slight Photek flavor to it). A lot of these tracks seemessly integrate with the Deadmau5 remix and the track from Dillion and NGTMRE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    Has to be a generational thing... I reckon Omega's OST is a complete trainwreck, to put it lightly.
    I miss the classic tracks from Orbital, FSOL, Underworld and Photek myself. But most of those groups don't exist anymore sadly. I didn't mind the original Wipeout soundtrack either (I mean, how do you compete with "Messij" afterall?). But I have my race playlists and my "in the car" playlists. I feel that more of the modern stuff gets on my in car playlist. Of course I am and will always be a house-head.

We'll you don't have to miss Orbital, FSOL, Underworld or Photek because they're all still active.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Best Wipeout tune ever?

Bassheads on Fusion for me

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well not exactly. Orbital broke up after Wonky. One of the brothers went solo. FSOL hasn't been on the scene in years nor had the alter ego Amorphous Androgynous or however that should be spelled. Personally I like the way that underworld has gone with ova nova. Photek is also out now too with their last major thing being the album that had Aviator and Quadrant on it. I'd love to hear proof of some new stuff, but I just don't think that's the case. At least Jquai is still around even if it does take 5 years to make a new album.

But the point I was trying to make is that we will never hear those artists in a soundtrack anymore.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Ok, so I think I've found a good Youtube to mp3 converter: https://ytmp3.cc/ (Well, at least it doesn't have tons of ads)

NOTE: Pretty much all MP3 from Youtube sites are kinda shady, so make sure you're hitting the right download button.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed7 View Post
    Ok, so I think I've found a good Youtube to mp3 converter: https://ytmp3.cc/ (Well, at least it doesn't have tons of ads)

NOTE: Pretty much all MP3 from Youtube sites are kinda shady, so make sure you're hitting the right download button.
    I say this as someone who's worked in the music industry: Instead of facilitating something which is not only illegal but takes away potential income from artist and in some cases (like breakbeat) completely kills off genres, why don't you just buy the songs? MP3's aren't expensive and I'm pretty sure the soundtrack will at some point be released if you're not keen on the extended club/EP/LP edits.

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Well not exactly. Orbital broke up after Wonky. One of the brothers went solo. FSOL hasn't been on the scene in years nor had the alter ego Amorphous Androgynous or however that should be spelled. Personally I like the way that underworld has gone with ova nova. Photek is also out now too with their last major thing being the album that had Aviator and Quadrant on it. I'd love to hear proof of some new stuff, but I just don't think that's the case. At least Jquai is still around even if it does take 5 years to make a new album.

But the point I was trying to make is that we will never hear those artists in a soundtrack anymore.
    FSOL are still making albums, just not in the same style. But Orbital have reformed and are playing lots of live shows at the moment and have a new album on the way!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    FSOL hasn't been on the scene in years
    Papua New Guinea was recently on horizon 3
    https://youtu.be/qV7K4qdnLaQ?t=1h7m20s

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed Sequence View Post
    We'll you don't have to miss Orbital, FSOL, Underworld or Photek because they're all still active.
    There's also current day equivalents of these guys, but you have to remember that Orbital, FSOL, Underworld and Photek were quite unique in terms of sound, few were making similar stuff, unfortunately, the soundtrack for Omega Collection didn't really go in that direction but it's probably just a case of the game adjusting to the times as all the artists featured on it are huge in their respective scenes.

Sidenote regarding Underworld: check out their recent Long Slow Slippy version of Born Slippy, it is amazing!