Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WO Omega Collection - Random questions that do not need their own thread.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I can't confirm this, but on HD, I seem to recall getting points for beating those higher in rank too. I wish it worked more like 2048 where you gained experience for doing certain things in the race too, such as barrel rolls, speed pads, etc...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    xaedrek

It would make sense that the increase also depends on the level of the opponents too. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

What's the deal with collisions? No matter what ship, what speed, what position, what angle or what condition, I always seem to get knocked out of place and the offending pilot maintains their line (sometimes I even bump them into a better racing line than what they were previously in). Is there any rime or reason to ship collisions? Is this yet another hidden stat? What gives?

I ALWAYS seem to be on the losing side (and this was in a Tigron no less).

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Against AI? It's just the way the bots are programmed; they have some pretty crazy traction/turning abilities. Not much you can do, though I've noticed side-shifting into them can disrupt them advantageously if you do it hard enough.

Against players? Latency. I just try to stay clear of everyone else online.

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    What's the deal with collisions? No matter what ship, what speed, what position, what angle or what condition, I always seem to get knocked out of place and the offending pilot maintains their line (sometimes I even bump them into a better racing line than what they were previously in). Is there any rime or reason to ship collisions? Is this yet another hidden stat? What gives?

I ALWAYS seem to be on the losing side (and this was in a Tigron no less).
    It’s called bad programming and collision physics.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

hi,The collisions and the way you suffer them are related to your shield level ... If you br a lot your shield is always low then ure always knocked out ( have same issues with my icaras in race ).
    More your shield is high , less u 're impacted by collisions

Timezone
    GMT -5

On the topic of collisions, it may just be my personal experience, but I've found the Elite AI to be much more aggressive in this collection than I remember from the PS3. Has this been an issue for anyone other than myself? The AI holding its line is one thing, but going so far as to ram you, on a straight-away no less, and then seemingly drive you into a wall/boundary is not something I remember being much of an issue in HD/Fury. Some contact I understand - seemingly going out of their line before a challenging curve, not so much. I've had races on Chengou (reverse), Vineta K (reverse), and Moa Therma (reverse) that I honestly wish I had recorded, as I wouldn't assume anyone would believe me if I told them the amount of aggression I was seeing out of the AI.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm also having whole tournaments in racebox where every other race turns into a full-on arms race, with no fewer than two/three eliminations, and I'm only making it past the mid-pack by the skin of my teeth, with the same kind of racing which would usually put me in the head of the pack and keep me there. It's a frenzy, honestly.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I've seen people who think the AI is easier now, but I beg to differ. I thought the Elite AI had been turned up a little to be more aggressive. I like it though XD Love nothing more than a proper fight to the finish. Feels far more rewarding. Had a few races when only 3 ships managed to cross the line. I love it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I played the PS3 version a great deal, and if there are folks saying that the AI has been tamed down in the Omega Collection, then they are certainly having a very different experience than I am. I don't notice a difficulty spike so much as just sheer aggression. Sometimes it's hilarious, other times perplexing. Just the other night, I had two races, back to back, where Assegai and Icaras both went out of their way to eliminate themselves through contact with my ship, in spite of their own damaged shields and the wealth of space on Vineta K and Chengou's straight sections. It's jarring. I had one race on the Amphiseum where I could swear that EG-X had a hit out on me. Mirage made a point to beat me half to death on Moa therma (reverse), to the point of running into itself the undulations in the mag-strip section and getting eliminated before finish line. That's the kind of behavior you expect of a pilot who just found out you're sleeping with his wife.

Like I said, it's funny sometime; other times, not so.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Something else I noticed. People like me who play until your pad dies... Every other game I have pauses. Wipeout, online or offline does not pause when the pad dies. Is that something that can be patched or should I invest in a longer cable?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

For the record, this is online and not the AI. The AI ALWAYS wins in a collision. That is a given. Still, I have no problem with the elite AI. They are indeed programmed to be rocks, but they are also programmed to be incredibly predictable.

I hadn't considered the shield stat correlation. That seems quite plausible Tug. Though the incident I recall was on the bridge at Tech De Ra. I had near full shield, and just hit a speed pad. Some other guy swiped me as I was sideshifting to recover, and I bounced off track.

A brief note about collisions of any type on a Magstrip, it will take MUCH longer to recover even from cannon and swipes.

All this taken in to consideration, I think it would be a nice addition to have shield stats (not current shield amount) be related to how much you can stay on track. I would probably only use the Auricom prototype if it had better stats for this reason alone. But for HD, I would gladly switch to Piranha if I knew that it meant less getting thrown around on collisions.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    GBalao888

I've had this feeling playing the game, and that either the requirements, or the AI (even in Elite difficulty) has been way too easy, or maybe the physics has been slightly improved, or maybe it's the feeling of playing the game with the DualShock 4. Any theories or ideas why it's so much easier than the originals (HD, Fury and 204?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

You have to remember that this is relative though. For me, I just got better. I remember the Elite AI being difficult a while ago, but now I don't even think about it.

New pilots don't have the practice though, and are not past the learning curve yet. Elite AI is easy when you are getting top 10 times. Not so much when you are struggling to learn the tracks though. I've noticed more barrel rolls, more effective weapon use, and more strategic us of pickups. I don't think the AI is easier, and I would argue it is more difficult. However I don't really notice, and I suspect you may not either. That does not apply for new pilots though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Does anyone in Canada or the U.S. need a Van Uber code? I have a spare. PM me if you can use it. I'll update this message when it's been claimed.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    Does anyone in Canada or the U.S. need a Van Uber code? I have a spare. PM me if you can use it. I'll update this message when it's been claimed.
    Best random question that doesn't need a thread ever, lol! I hope it goes to good use!

Any chance it would work in Australia?

I missed out on VÜ

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

DLC's are region locked, so no

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

It might be of use to someone with a 2nd hand copy, since every NA copy comes with VÜ included via code.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

^ That's what I figure. Still got the code for anyone in Canada/US who needs it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

^ That's what I figure. Still got the code for anyone in Canada/US who needs it.
    Dude. Hype it up to a friend. Be like "if you buy a digital copy, I'll toss in a free ship!"

How did you get two by the way? Curious.