Thread: to Devs: please bring back in-race leaderboard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6

Default to Devs: please bring back in-race leaderboard

Mooney, NotEnoughRed, other devs....
    Any chance you can bring back the in-race leaderboard in tournament mode in a future update?
    It was such a vital component of the game, IMO, being able to see where you ranked relative to other ships, especially late in the tournament.
    And now in Omega, it seems like ships get destroyed more frequently, so it would be really helpful to see which ship isn't there anymore, b/c right now we have NO idea which ship got destroyed.
    But basically, in ps3, you knew how hard you had to push it based on the other ships' positions. Now, you have no idea, except for when you see the other ships on the track.

I thought maybe you did away with this feature completely, but then I tried Eliminator Mode and it was there again (even though the font was pretty small) so it seems like it would be something we could have again.
    Btw, I'm referring to the HD/Fury game, but I'm sure it would be helpful on 2048 as well.
    Would LOVE to see this brought back in a future update. Otherwise, thoroughly enjoying the game! Great job!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Could you explain what you mean? I keep hearing this but it didn't make sense. Don't the least boards update after each race and show position?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

He means the in-race leaderboard on the right side of the HUD. It was helpful being able to see how the other racers are doing during the race, especially if one or more had a points lead on you in a tournament.
    Last edited by Kurlija; 20th June 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

After 9 years, I never notice this. I online look at lines, energy and the final tally after the race. I think the street race time shows more information and you don't have to keep eyes off the track. But I'll check this out in hd.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Kurlija summed it up best.

I watch this all the time during the race, particularly later in the tournament when jockeying for position, but it's helpful earlier on too.
    When you know you're down 2 points to Feisar, for example, it's really helpful to know where Feisar ranks in the race, whether they're close to you (ahead or behind), or far away, you know if you really need to push harder or can rest a little easier.
    The best scenario is when you hear Contender Eliminated and see Feisar's name disappear from the list, you know you've won.
    It seems like the weapons are stronger now, and plasmas destroy ships instantaneously now, so I'm constantly having 1-2 ships destroyed per race, but no idea who.

Some may say, "race hard all the time and you won't need to worry what the other ships are doing."
    But that's like watching a football or basketball game and just say "keep scoring." But we have scoreboards in sports, and that in-race leaderboard is really helpful.
    Or at least have an option to have it on/off based on user preference.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    oliver_fighter7 - Olivariox

It was a crucial feature when playing team tournaments with people here many years ago, you could know if the ship ahead or behing you was a teammate/rival and therefore you could throw a bomb, missile etc or not.