Thread: 2048 online races are too long....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default 2048 online races are too long....

Does anoyone else think 6 laps on A+ is a little much? Especially with the length of a couple of the tracks. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I feel that A and A+ plus should be no more than 5 laps. Anyone else feel like 2048 races are a bit lengthy? If enough people feel this way maybe it can be brought up for a future patch. This would also keep online flowing better, but that's just my opinion. What say you fellow pilots?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

agree 100%

very long to finish race , empire climb and captical reach is 4 minutes at default laps

other tracks take 3 minutes
    IMO it should be
    C:3
    B:3
    A:4
    A+ 4 or 5

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I truthfully think 4 laps is the sweet spot. If you want more laps, there should be a custom option. I have no problem with A+ being 5 laps, but 6 especially for online seems like forever.

I like the longer races as long as there is an option to change the lap length

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Interesting thread.
    Glad I ran across it, as some Formula Fusion races have a option for 10 laps, and the tracks can be 3 times the length of the longest Wipeout track
    But in all honesty, I would have to agree.
    Why prolong the torture ?

KANAR & Eric7 used to have GREEN AVALON races at Phantom speed of 7 to 10 laps......I mean, fine if everybody does perfect laps all the time, but usually the rate of attrition was high, and a lot failed to get to 10 laps at that speed before their shield died.
    So needless to say, it wasn't that popular .

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Hey blackwiggle, did you ever run a gran prix with anyone? I did a few races on eliminator at phantom speed back in the hd days. Basically, you set the points to 600, and don't use weapons and get all your points from laps. I know this is kind of the opposite of "this race is too long" but I thought I'd throw it out there while thinking about it. It was awesome to do 120 lap races with close competition.