Thread: 2048 online races are too long....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Default 2048 online races are too long....

Does anoyone else think 6 laps on A+ is a little much? Especially with the length of a couple of the tracks. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I feel that A and A+ plus should be no more than 5 laps. Anyone else feel like 2048 races are a bit lengthy? If enough people feel this way maybe it can be brought up for a future patch. This would also keep online flowing better, but that's just my opinion. What say you fellow pilots?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

agree 100%

very long to finish race , empire climb and captical reach is 4 minutes at default laps

other tracks take 3 minutes
    IMO it should be
    C:3
    B:3
    A:4
    A+ 4 or 5

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I truthfully think 4 laps is the sweet spot. If you want more laps, there should be a custom option. I have no problem with A+ being 5 laps, but 6 especially for online seems like forever.

I like the longer races as long as there is an option to change the lap length

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Interesting thread.
    Glad I ran across it, as some Formula Fusion races have a option for 10 laps, and the tracks can be 3 times the length of the longest Wipeout track
    But in all honesty, I would have to agree.
    Why prolong the torture ?

KANAR & Eric7 used to have GREEN AVALON races at Phantom speed of 7 to 10 laps......I mean, fine if everybody does perfect laps all the time, but usually the rate of attrition was high, and a lot failed to get to 10 laps at that speed before their shield died.
    So needless to say, it wasn't that popular .

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Hey blackwiggle, did you ever run a gran prix with anyone? I did a few races on eliminator at phantom speed back in the hd days. Basically, you set the points to 600, and don't use weapons and get all your points from laps. I know this is kind of the opposite of "this race is too long" but I thought I'd throw it out there while thinking about it. It was awesome to do 120 lap races with close competition.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I might be in the minority here, but I really enjoy the races being longer. After WOPure and WOPulse I was quite surprised to see longer tracks making an appearance again with WO2048. I was under the impression that tracks were shorter because these games were made for a handheld console. WO2048 broke this rule apparently.
    I’m okay with combining that track length with five laps, because I loved WOFusion’s even longer curcuits so much.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Hey blackwiggle, did you ever run a gran prix with anyone? I did a few races on eliminator at phantom speed back in the hd days. Basically, you set the points to 600, and don't use weapons and get all your points from laps. I know this is kind of the opposite of "this race is too long" but I thought I'd throw it out there while thinking about it. It was awesome to do 120 lap races with close competition.
    No I never tried that.
    I think I would eyes would be watering well before 120 laps were reached.

Fusion was ok, but the long loading times did my head in, and was the cause of me to stop playing it.
    It was probably the long versions of the tracks that was the cause, which I suppose today would be a lot quicker if being read directly off the consoles HD.
    I imagine playing those long Fusion tracks online would seem like a marathon compared to a A+ 2048 race.

Maybe a little. I was quite surprised how much longer the 2048 tracks were compared to the HD ones.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

I have to agree with Sausehuhn, I like the longer tracks of the old days. While I do have some favourites in Pure and Pulse, all of those tracks just feel way too short to be satisfying.