Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The making of the Tigron K-SVR

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Default The making of the Tigron K-SVR

Hey all,

Here is a breakdown of the work i did on the Tigron for the Omega collection, enjoy!

http://www.cleverbeans.co.uk/tigron-design/

Loved reading your article, great insight!

I hope you’ll get to design dozens (well yeah, literally dozens) of new ships in the next WipEout game

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Loved reading your article, great insight!

I hope you’ll get to design dozens (well yeah, literally dozens) of new ships in the next WipEout game
    me too!!! loved doing this, cheers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    nicpelu

Thank you Mooney, it was very interesting reading about the creation of the Tigron Ship and to see some of the sketches. The result is definitely amazing! It would be cool to see the same for the Van-Über ship.
    Well, thanks for sharing!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Oh, that's awesome. When you see the ships in the game, you can only imagine the thought that went into their design--but to hear all about it first-hand is so interesting and makes me love the designs even more. More of these kinds of entries, please!

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Beautiful designs. Tigron has a nice combination of rugged, sleek, and mean styles. The only reason my loyalty with the team is so low is that I'm getting the skins for all the other teams first. I do love the way it looks and flies. Great job, Mooney.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Now it is an old Russian rocket tank instead of a MiG-21. I still like it though. Try making a new FEISAR ship, they haven't changed the design since 2097.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Nice one mooney

awesome reading it

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Great read, especially the design process leading up to what we see today. Bloody good work!

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    Oh, that's awesome. When you see the ships in the game, you can only imagine the thought that went into their design--but to hear all about it first-hand is so interesting and makes me love the designs even more. More of these kinds of entries, please!
    Well if Sony ever want to do another game, and somehow I get to work on it, i would love to do more and share what I can. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasalom View Post
    Beautiful designs. Tigron has a nice combination of rugged, sleek, and mean styles. The only reason my loyalty with the team is so low is that I'm getting the skins for all the other teams first. I do love the way it looks and flies. Great job, Mooney.
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of Temtesh View Post
    Now it is an old Russian rocket tank instead of a MiG-21. I still like it though. Try making a new FEISAR ship, they haven't changed the design since 2097.
    If you look very closely at the front of the central chassis, you will notice a huge air intake there. That was our little homage to the MIG, it's not as round, more angular but that was our little nod to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Nice one mooney

awesome reading it
    My pleasure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    Great read, especially the design process leading up to what we see today. Bloody good work!
    Thank you, so glad you guys like it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wonderful insight. This was an absolute pleasure to read.

I'll go on record as saying that I personally believe the Tigron's design for Omega is just great - very inspired, with brilliant design execution. Very, very well done.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

I guess the important thing is that you decided not to copy Pure's Tigron, which shows that you REALLY wanted to make a new Wipeout ship. Well done.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of Temtesh View Post
    I guess the important thing is that you decided not to copy Pure's Tigron, which shows that you REALLY wanted to make a new Wipeout ship. Well done.
    I've been wanting to make a new ship for years! As for the old Tigron, that ships art style is completely different from that of HD's so it was never an option to use that shape.

Edit: ah sorry, I got confused with Pure and Fusion There. I meant the Tigron from Fusion was a different art style, you were referring to the the rocket like ship from the hand held version. The reason we didn't just use that ship was that Sony were keen to see a triple hull style ship.
    Last edited by Mooney; 17th June 2017 at 01:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

I love what you guys did with both the Tigron and Van-Über ships, they really do fit in really well with the rest of the pack.

And yeh, more design processes like this, please

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    Sony were keen to see a triple hull style ship.
    Interesting. I didn’t think Sony would meddle in this kind of small creative issues.

Why did they want that if I may ask?

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Interesting. I didn’t think Sony would meddle in this kind of small creative issues.

Why did they want that if I may ask?
    X DEV produced the game and in most cases your publishers/producers have creative input. This has been the case on pretty much every game I've worked on. The first Tigron sketch's I did were drawn over a very rough early model that Sony had worked on. That very early model was a triple hull like shape so we used that on our ship. That was pretty much the extent of their involvement from a creative stand point. We were left to just get on with it.

Cool!

I’m guessing they were trying to come up with new hull shapes, since the "monocoque" (ie. Feisar) and "catamaran" (ie. Auricom) shapes have already been overused.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Great to see the proces that has led to the final design. Thanks for sharing! I wish for more artwork posts here at Wipeoutzone.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Just played with it for the first time, I absolutely love the quadruple exhaust at the back, looks damning.

Reminds me of a Zonda:

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Loved reading this, great seeing the process. And thank you for that classic black/yellow skin. Love it.

I think the first thing i said when i saw the engine was 'that's a beast of an engine!'