Thread: The making of the Tigron K-SVR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Default The making of the Tigron K-SVR

Hey all,

Here is a breakdown of the work i did on the Tigron for the Omega collection, enjoy!

http://www.cleverbeans.co.uk/tigron-design/

Loved reading your article, great insight!

I hope you’ll get to design dozens (well yeah, literally dozens) of new ships in the next WipEout game

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Loved reading your article, great insight!

I hope you’ll get to design dozens (well yeah, literally dozens) of new ships in the next WipEout game
    me too!!! loved doing this, cheers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    nicpelu

Thank you Mooney, it was very interesting reading about the creation of the Tigron Ship and to see some of the sketches. The result is definitely amazing! It would be cool to see the same for the Van-Über ship.
    Well, thanks for sharing!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Oh, that's awesome. When you see the ships in the game, you can only imagine the thought that went into their design--but to hear all about it first-hand is so interesting and makes me love the designs even more. More of these kinds of entries, please!

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Beautiful designs. Tigron has a nice combination of rugged, sleek, and mean styles. The only reason my loyalty with the team is so low is that I'm getting the skins for all the other teams first. I do love the way it looks and flies. Great job, Mooney.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Now it is an old Russian rocket tank instead of a MiG-21. I still like it though. Try making a new FEISAR ship, they haven't changed the design since 2097.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    Oh, that's awesome. When you see the ships in the game, you can only imagine the thought that went into their design--but to hear all about it first-hand is so interesting and makes me love the designs even more. More of these kinds of entries, please!
    Well if Sony ever want to do another game, and somehow I get to work on it, i would love to do more and share what I can. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasalom View Post
    Beautiful designs. Tigron has a nice combination of rugged, sleek, and mean styles. The only reason my loyalty with the team is so low is that I'm getting the skins for all the other teams first. I do love the way it looks and flies. Great job, Mooney.
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of Temtesh View Post
    Now it is an old Russian rocket tank instead of a MiG-21. I still like it though. Try making a new FEISAR ship, they haven't changed the design since 2097.
    If you look very closely at the front of the central chassis, you will notice a huge air intake there. That was our little homage to the MIG, it's not as round, more angular but that was our little nod to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Nice one mooney

awesome reading it
    My pleasure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    Great read, especially the design process leading up to what we see today. Bloody good work!
    Thank you, so glad you guys like it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

As a designer myself this was a great read (I saw the reddit post you made for this). Great stuff. Please ask the dev to make a WO Omega Collection physical art book (that ideally includes some of your work on Tigron)!

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by BlackReign View Post
    As a designer myself this was a great read (I saw the reddit post you made for this). Great stuff. Please ask the dev to make a WO Omega Collection physical art book (that ideally includes some of your work on Tigron)!
    Glad you like it. So, what do you design? do you have a website?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    Glad you like it. So, what do you design? do you have a website?
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm a motion designer and head of the graphics team for a TV show call Through The Decades. Nothing super exciting and the demo is older. My site's old but I'll share it when I get it updated.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Congrats on the new design. I love it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

Hey Mooney, read your article and found it really cool to hear about your process! I'm a designer as well (UX and games, mainly), but I'm trying to crack 3D modelling as of recent. Would you have any advice or tips for someone in my position who's looking to get better at modelling?