Thread: Force Feedback wheel support?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Default Force Feedback wheel support?

Has anybody a PS4 compatible Force Feedback wheel and tried it with Omega collection yet? If that works i'll go and buy one immediately. G29 or the Thrustmaster top model...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

JABBERJAW is the man to ask [PM] If anybody will find out controller compatibility with the the Omega Pack, it will be him.
    Hell, he has just about every controller ever made X 2, at least one modded for Wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Tested my Thrustmaster T150 wheel yesterday. No, it´s not compatible. No button or wheel response ingame. But it would not make sense anyways, since for fast paced "arcade" games this control method does not fit.
    I´ve bought my racing wheel for the dirt games, where it´s perfect.
    But i´ve read elsewhere, there´s a slightly chance that Formula Fusion will support wheels in future builds, but it´s low priority, logically.
    As for confident controls i´ve bought some controlstick caps, which i really like. For the barrel rolling the classic ps4-sticks are too slippery.
    Last edited by Danterich; 19th June 2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Danterich View Post
    ...But it would not make sense anyways, since for fast paced "arcade" games this control method does not fit...
    Wrong imho, there's nothing better as to use a wheel in racing games, no matter if arcade or simulation. Unmatched precision in every situation, and most important: Force Feedback!!!!! I play F-Zero X with my wheel on an emulator, it's one bazillion times more awesome than usual input methods. Even NegCon is '****' in comparison! A racing game without proper wheel support is not really a racing game

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I have a thrustmaster 300rs, but haven't tried this nor would I!

While I disagree vehemently () regarding it being better than negcon (I used to use wheels), there may be a solution to this. The CRONUSMAX PLUS allows any controller to be used on another system. I might take a bit for you to set up, but you can get rid of dead zone and adjust sensitivity. I put two second place time trials with negcon times through it, one on HD, one on 2048. The wheel will be great as long as you have easy access to dpad for BRs, or program two buttons for them. A wheel would be awesome for 2048. A cool feature is you can turn left/right with the analog wheel, and tap the opposite dpad function twice and it BRs. This is because the dpad overrides the analog mode. If you have any questions just send me a pm. I only played a couple hours though because I am currently making a better negcon (hopefully) to use on PS4 and vita tv.

If WipEout ships did exist, would they even be piloted with a wheel, or would the set up be more like an aircraft?

Timezone
    GMT -8

Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? Logitech G27? G29?

have you tried running the wheel through a cronusmax?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by isamu View Post
    Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? Logitech G27? G29?
    I have a G29 and tried to get it working.
    I thought the best way would to try and get it working in standard mode, so I started up the game with a PS4 controller whilst the G29 was powered up, then turned off the PS4 controller, if it was working the G29 should have been able to take control of the menu system....well the D-pad worked to move options, but no other buttons did.

Since that was found to be a pointless pursuit, I decided not to torture myself by trying to replicate the same thing blind, while wearing the VR helmet.

Somebody at one of the PS4 communities over the last few days [could be one of 3 ] Wipeoutzone / Wipeout Omega Pack / AG Racing, reported they got their Thrustmaster [a older model if I remember correctly] + some PS3 to PS4 converter to work, and also while using the VR helmet.
    EDIT: I found the post by PSN: Jedi_Sparten at the PS4 Wipeoutzone community.
    Posted on Wednesday 28/03/2018 at 20.22 pm.
    He posted that he got Wipeout VR + Driving Force GT Pro + Brooks PS3 to PS4 converter + Wipeout VR the 2nd best day of his life....UMMMM?, not exactly saying this combo works does it.......so, the jury is still out, until confirmed.....is there a steering wheel VR combo for the VR pack?
    I suggest pester the PSN name given above if you want to know.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 31st March 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Got a G29 today, wipeout doesn't work, but GT does + VR. That alone is worth the purchase.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Pardon the potentially tangential post, but I'm curious: Has anyone tried playing in VR with a flightstick yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    Got a G29 today, wipeout doesn't work, but GT does + VR. That alone is worth the purchase.
    Buy a cronusmax plus, it will probably work. I am using a modded negcon running through a ps3 controller to cronusmax and it works. You would also be able to change dead zone (needed) and sensitivity. No lag