feisar_2097

Default new wipeout omega patch

just downloaded v1.02. 19mb or 21mb

patch notes say

leaderboard glitches fixed
    changed photo mode UI hiding behaviour
    fixed HD zone ship health indicator
    bug fixes
    Last edited by Racingfan; 15th June 2017 at 01:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Gitched times have been removed, but the names still remain, this makes for example the number 1 time actually appear as the 7th fastest time, with the other 6 times recorded as 0.0

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

No reset yet

also the "---" on boards used to be 0.00.00 on ps3 but it was changed to that with omega

even i have some of these on SR boards

- - - Updated - - -

One thing i noticed so far is

you can now scroll down the pages on 2048 campaign boards, and it show full number of players now

big thanks for this fix CB :d

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    just downloaded v1.02. 19mb or 21mb

fixed HD zone ship health indicator
    OMG! Thank you!)))

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

noticed some times are now removed now

Glitched time removal is a "by hand" process, so you'll see them over time.. They won't all just disappear at once...

It's happening as I type. Please give it a couple of days before pointing out any glitched times!

Cheers

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

@NotEnoughRed

Thanks for the patch, guys!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

thanks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Happy with that ... thanks to CB an u NER ^^

NotEnoughRed , i guess u know the work Connavar (a belgiumwipouter) made with his site " wipeoutranking.xxx"

It's an interresting way to ( or for ??? im so bad in english sorry )WOO leaderboard ... it give the psychological engine to "real racers" to flatter their Ego ... This site has given a second life to WOHD

Yep, match making and leaderboards need to be the next thing in WipEout.

People love to make their imprint onto something. Racing for the sake of racing isn’t enough anymore. Like tug_14 said, the player’s ego needs to be flattered.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

anyway i noticed lapsed bombs still a issue

and stats page for each ship's team in multiplayer still doesnt count

hope these are fixed in next patch (if there be another )

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

If you're that fast that lapped bombs are an issue, maybe you need to start hoarding a shield?

(( In all seriousness though, if it's becoming problematic, you're gonna have to learn to counter them in some way lol. ))

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

try playing on ubermall in omega, bombs are impossible to see

also the announcer doesnt warn you about bombs if its from the previous lap

also you can't really "counter" a lapsed bomb during a turn etc.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Yeah the announcer tells me what just hit me and doesn't really function as warning indicator.

I noticed something about the time glitches though. The other day, I was racing a racebox race and I think it was Sol 2 (I don't remember the exact time or track). I managed to place first on leaderboard after a mediocre race where I fell off twice on the wings going for barrel rolls on Venom or Flash. So I knew that wasn't a top time. Then I saw the time... sure enough it showed up as 0:31.54 or something like that when the actual time was 1:31.54. The minute got truncated, and left the seconds instead. I don't remember what it was that triggered the glitched time, but I got to looking, and the next few pilots after me were things like 0:38.66, 0.39.35 etc. So for all these times, it seemed like the glitch is that the time posted gets truncated. The first real time could easily be found, but I noticed some other similar "world records" that were close to what the world record should be, but off by a minute.

I don't have the game up right now, but a good example would be the Amphiseum. The normal range for top times for laps span from 0:33 - 0:35 seconds. In an earlier post I noted that the speed laps were not messed up. The only way there would be a problem here is if a pilot were to take longer than a minute for a speedlap. So the top glitched time for a time trial for the Amphiseum (venom) might be 0:33.21. Which would actually not be too far off from the real world record which might read 1:33.21, but be behind all the times that had the minute truncated from them.

Hopefully this makes some sense.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i tried what you said, but no luck of it happening

i also tested this sr exploit that i knew of at the release, then i tested this now after patch v1.02...didnt register this time

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

The patch added a HUGE amount of new times, and the top 100-150 times for SR and TT all seem to be glitched times. This is getting a little out of hand!

Everyone try to be mindful of what could trigger a glitch time so we can report it and possibly get it resolved. Another thing we may want to do is post the last glitched time just before the first legit one. All the veterans here should know what is possible and what is not possible for HD/Fury which might help to clean up the glitch times.

There is NOTHING worse than finally nailing all the tilt rolls for a track, getting all perfect laps, and hitting every speed pad only to check the leaderboard and see you are #258.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

they havn't reset the sr boards yet, even i still have some ----- times on the SR boards in hd fury... and i did those 5 days before omega was released

TT? i looked and there isnt any? its just SR

but yeah, sr has been really buggy, even back in the ps3 version

when you did a sub 2 minute on chenghou project phantom SR, you would be rank 6000

also i havnt noticed any new glitched times since the patch has been released... at least for 2048
    Last edited by Racingfan; 16th June 2017 at 04:26 AM.

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    try playing on ubermall in omega, bombs are impossible to see
    this^^^, bombs are hard to see in almost any track 4 me, make them more visible please! i remember you notice 'em waaaay better on HD FURY, from the sound too.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

So potentially stupid question...

Did they update the scores on omega from the old hd fury list? Or were there really just 50000 attempts on various ttacks?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

they used completely new leaderboards for omega

another thing with the patch i noticed is turning off player names works in 2048 now

thanks again cb