Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new wipeout omega patch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Why did they separate Zone leaderboards between 2048 campaign and 2048 racebox? We have 2 leaderboards per track for the same thing...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    Why did they separate Zone leaderboards between 2048 campaign and 2048 racebox? We have 2 leaderboards per track for the same thing...
    That doesn't make much sense. Agreed.

Similarly, I wonder why they did away with the multiplayer online times on leaderboards. I guess technically speaking, the new pure race mode would cause some major differences, but other than that I don't know why there are no records recorded at all for online play. It would have made more sense for me to register them and just include them in the SR leaderboards.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

cb could only add a limited amount of boards and they felt mp was the one to be removed to make space for 2048 etc

yeah, pure racing would be a big difference if mp boards were still in.

but would be crazy setting very good pure racing times on mp boards

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post

Yep, should be merged into one

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    cb could only add a limited amount of boards and they felt mp was the one to be removed to make space for 2048 etc

yeah, pure racing would be a big difference if mp boards were still in.

but would be crazy setting very good pure racing times on mp boards
    Since pure racing is essentially a multiplayer time trial, for an accurate trial comparison (just for funsies), I still somehow hold the world record on wipeoutrankings.com for venom multiplayer race on Talon's Junction reverse at 1.44.33. I chose my own times for comparison, because I remember the specific details of each race (which is important because there are some variations with the multiplayer races). In this instance, I got 4 turbos, had 3 perfect laps, and used 3/4 turbos on the speedcut over the magstrip and the last one on the final straight (for the turbo-roll).

My time trial is rank #30 with a time of 1.45.95. The same racing line was used, but obviously with one less turbo (I also scraped the wall a couple of times, so I'll subtract 0.00.25 to keep things a fair comparison). That turbo roll was worth 0.01.62 - 0.00.25 seconds for the scrapes = 0.01.37 total.

So at first glance, it might seem that pure racing would be slightly slower since you could theoretically get an extra turbo (or two even) in multiplayer race, that you can't get when pure racing.

BUT, and this is HUGE, since you don't lose energy on pure racing modes for rolls, the same logic above is reversed for tracks like Chenghou and Sebenco where there are more rolls than you can land in a typical normal race. Even with an extra turbo, there is no way to ever beat a Time Trial time on those tracks, So it would be very unbalanced.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Anyone else find the zone colors of 2048 meaninglessly disorientating? Now that it's on the big screen I'm thinking a patch could improve it, considering the 2048 challenges seem the hardest of the three campaigns..

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    Anyone else find the zone colors of 2048 meaninglessly disorientating? Now that it's on the big screen I'm thinking a patch could improve it, considering the 2048 challenges seem the hardest of the three campaigns..
    OMG YES! I've complained about that before, and you are not alone. Zones B - A are almost impossible to detect where the track is from the wall without knowing the tracks well. To get higher zone scores I really need perfect laps through A+ class, and that is super hard when you can't see the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    yeah same thing! the light-blue one personally confuses me a lot. can't understand from the long distance where the corners are and when I do it's too late.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pime_Taradox234

Mach 1 in particular is extremely difficult to navigate for me cause both walls and the track ahead of you are practically pure white. I love 2048's Zone visuals but I REALLY think they need some toning down for the sake of being able to see the track ahead of you better. HD/Fury didn't have this issue. To those who played on Vita, were the colors that bright?

And maybe increase the brightness of speed/weapon pads?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

While I do enjoy the game, I feel like there's an overuse of bloom in general, especially when compared to HD/Fury on PS3. Makes it hard to even see the speedpads sometimes, everything's just so bright.

That, coupled with the funky colours, makes zone mode really frustrating for all the wrong reasons this time around.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes, especially WO2048’s inner city tracks use alot of bloom (basically everything but Altima, and to some extend Sol), but I guess that was already the case with the Vita version. And speaking of speed pads being hard to see: If I recall correctly, the original Vita Version used white lights around certain track surfaces, whereas the PS4 version uses blue lights. Those seem to be the same color as speed pads. Combine that with the bloom effects and on tracks like Empire climb you find yourself going over speed pads you just don’t realize they are there until you hit them. I’ll file that under increased learning curve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯