Yeah the announcer tells me what just hit me and doesn't really function as warning indicator.

I noticed something about the time glitches though. The other day, I was racing a racebox race and I think it was Sol 2 (I don't remember the exact time or track). I managed to place first on leaderboard after a mediocre race where I fell off twice on the wings going for barrel rolls on Venom or Flash. So I knew that wasn't a top time. Then I saw the time... sure enough it showed up as 0:31.54 or something like that when the actual time was 1:31.54. The minute got truncated, and left the seconds instead. I don't remember what it was that triggered the glitched time, but I got to looking, and the next few pilots after me were things like 0:38.66, 0.39.35 etc. So for all these times, it seemed like the glitch is that the time posted gets truncated. The first real time could easily be found, but I noticed some other similar "world records" that were close to what the world record should be, but off by a minute.

I don't have the game up right now, but a good example would be the Amphiseum. The normal range for top times for laps span from 0:33 - 0:35 seconds. In an earlier post I noted that the speed laps were not messed up. The only way there would be a problem here is if a pilot were to take longer than a minute for a speedlap. So the top glitched time for a time trial for the Amphiseum (venom) might be 0:33.21. Which would actually not be too far off from the real world record which might read 1:33.21, but be behind all the times that had the minute truncated from them.

Hopefully this makes some sense.