Thread: Wipeout Merch! T-Shirt Ideas (for reals)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default Wipeout Merch!

Hey forum. How's that Omega treating you?

Based on a post in another thread I just learned that once again, the US gets shafted with any kind of T-shirt or officially licensed stuff.

mannjon doesn't like that.

So I've taken it on myself to start making some designs that could be potentially used to screen print shirts. I've done this before professionally (design and the printing) and there is a artsy place locally that will print limited runs for screen printing.

I'm not exactly sure how the licensing works, and I really don't want to get in trouble with Sony, but I would also like to make some shirts available to those that live here in the US, or to those who just want more than what is offered for the Playstation Gear. If I get enough interest, I might even see what it would take to get do these in mass. I don't want to make money at this. I just want to play my role as US super-fan, which I am.

All that aside, post any ideas you have for any apparel and I'll see what I can do (and get away with). If I stray from officially licensed or trademarked stuff, I think I can skate the edge of bootleg pretty thin and maybe even do some limited production runs on some of these.

I've attached an example of what I'm talking about. This design is fairly generic, but still Wipeout themed for example.

I also did some ship designs a few years back which were basically ship skins. If anyone wants to see those, let me know and I can post those too. There is a company in the US that does print shirts, but they are all priced at like $30. I don't know how they get around the copyright stuff, so there may be some leeway as to what I can and can't do.

Once again, this is not for profit. If I make any of these, I will see what I can do to get them out to the community. It sure would be fun to have a monthly shirt club!

If you have any ideas, post them and I'll see what I can do. If nothing else, I can certainly get in the business of making free custom computer backgrounds.

#1 - "Zoned Out"

Zoned_Out.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mannjon; 15th June 2017 at 02:33 AM.