Thread: Omega wipeout hd

Default Omega wipeout hd

I haven't played Omega yet

Regarding Wipeout HD for the Omega Collection, how does it compare with the PS3 version? Is it faster by times? Are the physics the same? Besides the graphics, what are the differences, and do you think it is better or worse?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Its the same to me, i get same times as before. game uses the lastest version of the vita version
    the ships feel a bit more sensitive than before but you get used to it

every track looks better to me except ubermall, it looks worse to me

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pime_Taradox234

I knew something was fishy about Ubermall! Seems like the time of day on it changed or something? It feels a lot more...drab, probably the only stage I get that feeling from.

Otherwise, HD feels largely the same gameplay wise. But the remastered visuals make it feel brand new again. It's like a totally different experience than playing HD for the first time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ubermall feels like on a cloudy day, but the rest sure looks great.
    A big plus are the two (or one) ship(s) and the inclusion of 2048.
    Also soooo much online activity

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

I didn't notice any problems with Ubermall. What I did notice on Ubermall were the tiny fans in the stands pumping their fists in the air and cheering. That was awesome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Times are a bit slower IMO ... and some tricks are easier ... Also, u can cross the wall on tech de Ra's shortcut just after the start

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    Times are a bit slower IMO ... and some tricks are easier ... Also, u can cross the wall on tech de Ra's shortcut just after the start
    Wait really? You could in Fury too but it was a hard side shift on venom and flash. Is that the same spot?

The only difference I noticed was more online play. Full lobbies everywhere. They did seem to tweak the ai some but it still isn't much of a challenge.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

yep Mannjon , same line withh ss as Fury but no respawn if u hit it , coz u can cut throught ...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    yep Mannjon , same line withh ss as Fury but no respawn if u hit it , coz u can cut throught ...
    ..."new lap record"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I kind of wonder if they left that in as a nod to all the HD pro's. Certainly don't report it as a glitch!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

It wasn't really a glitch until now. In HD the rock doesn't come that close to the track and you would never clip it, because if you did touch it, it would respawn you, so now the rock moved closer, but the respawn barrier didn't.
    I hope they move the rock back, instead of moving the respawn barrier, that little shortcut is so much better for the flow of the track

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Dumb question but .... there's a shortcut on Tech De Ra? O.o

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Yep Kazzy on TdR F , a little jump to avoid the corner at begin of track . Avalaible with ss...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If you have a look at my Tech De Ra tutorial video from the PS3 version it shows how to do it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    Dumb question but .... there's a shortcut on Tech De Ra? O.o
    There is another "shorter cut" I don't see a lot of people use. On the bridge without "handrails", there are two boost pads beside each other after the uphill righthand turn. With a turbo you can boost and roll over the whole section.

I just got it today, and got a negcon working as well. HD seems a touch slower by times, but it has been a long time since I have played, and that might be the issue. Thought it played great though.

2048 is quite a treat with the negcon, and even without it, it plays incredibly well. It's easy to beat my times on the vita, it's so much smoother

I need to fix the cronusmax a bit though. I was only using partial support for the PS4, so every 10 minutes it turns off a second wrecking whatever race I'm on.

Lots of mess ups on the records tables, hopefully those can be worked out

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    It wasn't really a glitch until now. In HD the rock doesn't come that close to the track and you would never clip it, because if you did touch it, it would respawn you, so now the rock moved closer, but the respawn barrier didn't.
    I hope they move the rock back, instead of moving the respawn barrier, that little shortcut is so much better for the flow of the track
    with that rock, you can also clip the archs on metropia rev when trying a triple or double (if you remember, you would have bounced and get stopped by those if you hitted them), and also the last archs where you can do a turbo BR, you can clip them, unlike hd....this is 2 easy imho...they should fix this kind of stuff or anyone can learn easily how to do that tricks ._.

and also more stuff you can clip thru, not going to list all of them here now but i'm sure there are more

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Yeah JF has found them all it would seem.

They screwed up some of the open air spots. I have a much harder time on uber mall for example.