Thread: E3 2017 - what's everyones personal thoughts so far

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Default E3 2017 - what's everyones personal thoughts so far

Plain and simple, some good announcements so far from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. But what games have been announced that you're stoked for?

I personally am really excited for the shadow of the colossus remaster, absolutely loved that game on PS2 and PS3.
    Also Metroid Prime 4 confirmed! TAKE MY MONEY I NEED TO BUY A SWITCH

I know my GF is also happy about Undertale coming to PS4, I'm not so sure myself if I'll buy it but we shall see.

Discuss!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm a big Metroid fan, so Prime 4 and Samus Returns have my hyped as hell.

Also, the Speed Pads leading to the WipEout Omega Collection area were a nice touch. I'd have a hard time resisting taking one if I were at E3!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Finally! Some good Switch news. Mine has collected dust recently. Got bored with Zelda. Got easily bored with MK Deluxe. And I only got FASTRMX because I needed something to play before Omega.

I missed it. All of it. But I was wondering if there were any Borderlands announcements.

PSN ID
    n8thegreatest

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Finally! Some good Switch news. Mine has collected dust recently. Got bored with Zelda. Got easily bored with MK Deluxe. And I only got FASTRMX because I needed something to play before Omega.

I missed it. All of it. But I was wondering if there were any Borderlands announcements.
    How is FASTRMX? I'll probably get a Switch at some point, and that's at the top of my list of games.

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

This...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Anthem looks interesting
    A Way Out should be fun couch co-op
    Mario Odyssey is looking really nice and fun
    Detroit: Become Human looks like pretty good choice-based game
    The Crew 2 has lots of different types of vehicles like planes and boats and stuff, which should be fun
    The Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn looks like quite a bit of added content
    Destiny 2, although similar to the first gameplay-wise I'm still excited for it
    And finally, I've never really been hyped for CoD games but WWII is getting my attention

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
    How is FASTRMX? I'll probably get a Switch at some point, and that's at the top of my list of games.
    FAST kind of feels like a cruisin USA version of wipeout with no weapons. It is kind of cheesy and the competitive scene is broken beyond repair. There are numerous glitches and exploits that are not getting patched, so if you plan to compete online, be forewarned that you will have to get used to glitch racing.

The graphics are great though. Sound effects are great too. Music is terrible and sounds very arcade like. Controls are easy enough to master but the overall game play experience gets pretty dull pretty fast.

I will say this though. Minus the lack of weapons this is closer to old wipeout titles in that the race line is important. It's just the glitches kill the game and everyone uses them.

I suspect redout will be the better ag racer on the switch. I'll let you know in July!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by TheConzio View Post
    And finally, I've never really been hyped for CoD games but WWII is getting my attention
    I was hyped about COD for the first time since MW2, till I saw that "in order to pay respect to the many cultures that play COD around the world" they will not be using the word Nazi, they will not be including the swastika, and there will be female officers!? That's ridiuclous.

Next they'll be doing the Gulf War with beef powered Zepplins and laser firing monkeys!

Not for me thanks.

(Metro: Exodus however looks amazing)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Farcry 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by OBH View Post
    I was hyped about COD for the first time since MW2, till I saw that "in order to pay respect to the many cultures that play COD around the world" they will not be using the word Nazi, they will not be including the swastika, and there will be female officers!? That's ridiuclous.
    See, you can say that CoD is one of those things that really doesn't handle accuracy (of any kind, frankly) that well, but even this is dumb. I can only speculate but I think that this is just to placate people who screech about offensive things that don't include absolutely everyone, as though everyone's going to be offended all at once. They'll never learn.

You know what though? I want it from the other side. How about the perspective of a Wermacht soldier who isn't a Nazi but merely a soldier doing his job? If that's too insensitive, the Battle for Castle Itter happened. The German soldiers were the good guys as well that time.

If that's good enough for Sabaton, it's good enough for this.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Where do you draw the line?

God forbid, we don't want anyone to feel left out, so why don't we include the world famous German Hare Krishna Battalion?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Plain and simple, some good announcements so far from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. But what games have been announced that you're stoked for?

I personally am really excited for the shadow of the colossus remaster, absolutely loved that game on PS2 and PS3.
    Also Metroid Prime 4 confirmed! TAKE MY MONEY I NEED TO BUY A SWITCH

I know my GF is also happy about Undertale coming to PS4, I'm not so sure myself if I'll buy it but we shall see.

Discuss!
    Metroid should be decent but so far the most fun I've had with the switch is playing Mario kart in inappropriate places.

I will probably buy skyrim for the 4th time. But one hidden gem that is not getting coverage is a direct sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. They are also porting things like fire emblem back on the big screen. Disgea just had a release here too. There is a rumor that pokemon will finally (as in after 25 years) be coming to a console and not just a handheld. I think they are calling it stars to fit in with sun and moon. That will be huge.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by OBH View Post
    Where do you draw the line?
    On their face with a Sharpie while they sleep.

Yeah, what about the buddhists? They'd just wish people good fortune.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    On their face with a Sharpie while they sleep.

Yeah, what about the buddhists? They'd just wish people good fortune.
    So spectator mode perhaps?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Yes, exactly! The singleplayer becomes a World War 2 version of Hardcore Henry.

Which I'd totally watch, for what it's worth.

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

Definitely most looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon on Switch (when I get one). I'm into a lot of the games on Switch right now, though. Kirby, Yoshi, Mario, and Splatoon 2 look great, too. Even Mario & Rabbids, strangely enough.

Beyond that, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Shadow of the Colossus Remake, but I'll buy it used for cheap if they aren't adding new content (I was really, really disappointed with Sony's other showings, tbh). Blue Reflection looks to be a niche JRPG gem that I'm looking forward to trying. And Metroid Samus Returns is another Metroid I'm very hyped about. Finally, Beyond Good & Evil 2 sold me even though I haven't played the first.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Yes, exactly! The singleplayer becomes a World War 2 version of Hardcore Henry.

Which I'd totally watch, for what it's worth.
    That would be clever. Basically Activision was like: This year at E3, we bring you... The History Channel! I'd watch it too.

Timezone
    GMT + 4
    PSN ID
    Som_Shm

This Years E3 Was Pretty Boring To Me. I Was Hyped for Sony's Conference But It was everything we already saw last year. Insomniac games's Spider-Man was the only thing i liked BUT Nintendo Saved E3 By Announcing The Game I Was Waiting For For The Past 7 Years.
    PRIME 4!!!!!! oh and A remake of Metroid 2 and That new Mario game looks great.
    Sadly i aint got a switch.