Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection Press Kit!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Default Wipeout Omega Collection Press Kit!

I'm very excited now!
    I just found this on eBay and bought it immediately!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUTEn_kIIQY
    Hopefully I can also find the vinyl version but there is only 163 of those. If I find more info when I have it in my hands I will let you all know. Take care everybody and see you on the track.

PSN ID
    marcingru

Man that vinyl is so interesting ,i will look for one for sure!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Glad someone on here got one! Wish it was me!

Timezone
    GMT -5

I made an offer on the very one you were likely looking at. Congrats on the find!
    Last edited by Cheapether; 28th January 2020 at 10:36 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

is the media allowed to sell these things this early?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I honestly don't know what the agreement is/was between the folks that got their hands on a press kit and the devs. I figured that after release day the promo swag would turn into a wild west situation, like it always does with new releases. Same with E3 stuff, too -some lucky schmuck gets their hands on a big, juicy,free carrot, and starts dangling it.

The particular kit to which I was referring in my prior post was coming out of Slovakia; don't know what difference that makes, but just thought I'd mention it. Regardless of where it comes from, I stand by the notion that if your job provides you with material, for free, which you can turn around and sale for a premium, then you should consider yourself overpaid. If a Microsoft employee were selling free copies of Windows at $100.00 a pop, then you would expect there to be a little friction coming from any management that found out about it. Selling press kits for hundreds of dollars is no less disgraceful to the workplace, in my opinion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Lucky bastard That looks stunning!

Press kits, because someone needs to remind you that you are just a gamer/listener/consumer

It's beautiful, you're very lucky multibodydynamics.

Looks like there's a second version with a 12" vinyl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0T2raaJuI

Timezone
    GMT -5

Bitter as I sound, I am happy for you. As I said, congrats on the find - it's a beautiful piece of Wipeout history. I'm just pissed that you, or any fan for that matter, HAD to pay that kind of price for something that some lucky prick got his hands on, only to immediately take to the task of deciding what degree of pure profit they would like to siphon out of the actual community.
    Last edited by Cheapether; 28th January 2020 at 10:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I agree with you. It is sad that they chose to do it this way. These press kits are so well made that they should have done several thousands of them and sold them to us ordinary people. Worst of all was the idea to put serial numbers on them and clearly reveal to the receiver how rare these items are! That just tempts not-hardcore-fans of the series to choose the money instead of keeping the press kit as they should. I predict more of these press kits will come out on the market and prices will surely be high, especially for the vinyl version. All I can say is that my press kit will find its home in a collection that is surely one of the most comprehensive Wipeout collections in the world. I will take good care of it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Don't want to ruin your day Orbital, but you paid quite a lot for that one can get them way cheaper
    Gratz on adding it to your collection though ;-)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The dudes at Clever Beans were kind enough to send me this lovely thing this morning! That'll be taking pride of place in my new display cabinet

20170803_111052.jpg 20170803_111103.jpg

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

Awesome!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I want that! Someone take my money!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

That looks so awesome! like rapier said, i want one

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

For those who want one of those hexagonal gems, there's a pretty cheap one for sale right here
    Do note that it'll most likely be in german (the press kits have been localised), also note if you are outside the EU, you'll probably have to pay import taxes

Edit: Gone right after i posted this, hope 1 of you got it
    Last edited by Cipher; 11th August 2017 at 11:15 AM.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

Evening all...so I bought 4 copies (plus a download) of Omega upon release as these were all the versions I was aware of...had a free evening last night so had a browse here as not really been on since launch and saw this thread. I just picked up that copy from ebay (before seeing the last update, was tempted to put an offer in on the other one for sale before seeing this one earlier tonight at a fair price). I didn't look actually (or think) whether it'll be in German, will see lol. Had a little google too, and I see there's 3 press kits in total. The CD, Vinyl and Tigron versions.
    Sony, why oh why weren't (aren't?) these for sale. Am sure there's plenty here who'd also love to own these too and would pay handsomely for the privilege and ideally not through ebay, but needs must. I fear finding a vinyl and Tigron for sale may be near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    The dudes at Clever Beans were kind enough to send me this lovely thing this morning! That'll be taking pride of place in my new display cabinet
    #2 really? You promise you didn’t photoshop that?

And why 1303 copies?
    Last edited by vincoof; 16th August 2017 at 09:09 AM.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I managed to get one of these!

Mine is one of the German copies, i can confirm that the booklet is indeed in German as the kits are localised It is a beautiful little package and looks great for display. I fully recommend getting one of these if you enjoy collecting for the series.

Here's a picture of all the versions i currently own (which also gives you an idea of the press kits size) including: base game, classic sleeve, steel book, retail display (incl. release date printed on cover, which i like!) and the press kit!

As a collector i think i will look after it and give it a good home
    wopk.jpgwopk2.jpg
    Last edited by Dawn_Fire_; 15th August 2017 at 01:08 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Got this

love the t shirt

press kit is also very cool

thanks NotEnoughRed/Clever beans!