Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega Collection tops the UK sales charts

As an early adopter of VR also, I'll just have to suggest we agree to disagree about that because I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm not suggesting VR WipEout is completely practical yet, I just don't want to say never to the idea. I think we're on the same page about that part anyway

WOOC is still selling, at least in the UK, according to GFK Chart Track: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.j....jsp&ct=110042

And according to VGChartz, as of the 1st July 2017, it had sold at least 160.000 copies globally: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/166066/...ga-collection/

Hard to know how real these numbers are, but it’s more or less what we could expect/hope for. Hopefully it’ll go over 200.000 copies in the coming months.

We desperately need Nintendo to launch a successful F-Zero for the Switch.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 23rd August 2017 at 11:26 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

VGchartz just guesses the numbers so its unaccurate, its also a banned site on NeoGAF

Also the charts doesn't include digital sales, just physical sales, it is nice to see it in charts still

according to amazon UK best sellers for games, omega is in rank 38

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsell...ar_nav_b_0_b#2

UK, france and germany is probably the only countries where wo sells, everywhere else i dont think it sells so well

on the first leaderboard in 2048, there are 161k players on it, so the sales should be similar to that number. the number also increases by 500-800 every 24 hours

at the moment i just wanna know from XDEV if the game was a success, did ok or not

my guess it did ok, but not enough for a new game
    Last edited by Racingfan; 23rd August 2017 at 07:48 PM.

A guess is a guess, I'll take it, especially if it's a conservative one, like you explain. Over 300.000 sold copies for a game which cost virtually nothing to develop is an encouraging success to me.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 24th August 2017 at 07:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    my guess it did ok, but not enough for a new game
    Mmmmhhh don't loose your hopes yet. Wipeout has always been part of the Playstation history. Even though it doesn't sell as good as some popular FPS', you'll always have people remembering the game.
    Also since Wipeout exists for so long, the fan base has a great age range, which makes it have a [maybe tiny but] solid fan base.

But most importantly, the launch of this installment was rather good, ranking #1 for the first time in history in UK [if I am correct]. I would assume that XDEV did not expect WOOC to suddenly become a blockbuster due to it's history, but the high rank on it's release shows that the solid fan base is still there and I hope that was a surprise to XDEV.

Sure, we never know if all of this is enough for a new Wipeout title. I thought it was pretty much doomed when Studio Liverpool was closed, but now it seems like there is effort placed into it. Let's see what the future brings and make sure to race online alot