Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to reach Rank 50?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    Important question for those of us who do not know: What causes you to lose XP in 2048 campaign? How can I avoid losing it?
    I've never received an answer to this question, but I think that I have figured this out myself by paying attention to race results. You never actually lose XP in this game. If you pass or elite pass an event for the first time, you get the 10,000 or 20,000 points for it. Then, if you play the event again, sometimes at the end of the race you just get the XP for the speed pads you hit or eliminations you made (usually a few hundred to a couple thousand points). But sometimes at the end of the race, it gives you the XP for passing or elite passing again, and then subtracts that XP from you right away, so the difference in the end is, again, just the extra XP for the speed pads and eliminations. But, again, from what I can tell, you never actually lose XP or go down levels--the net XP is always positive. Is this correct? Can someone please confirm?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I can confirm that you don't lose XP for anything (not even rage quitting a campaign race or restarting). What I noticed was that you get in race XP bonuses for speed/weapon pads, barrel rolls and eliminations. You'll see your tally at the top of the screen. Then, you get some amount of XP for just passing the event. I should mention though, that if you rage quit a match on HD, you will lose rank points there (at least that's how it was in HD, and I haven't rage quit yet on HD this go round, so I can't confirm).

I farmed the Feisar prototype challenge because it only takes 8 minutes to do, is fairly easy, and since you have to hit boost pads to win, you'll be getting XP boosts pretty consistently. You will get far more XP from long zone runs, but those also take way longer, and if you are like me, you avoid boost pads in zone more often than not! I was netting around 4K XP per race, so I was getting around for roughly 30K XP per hour.

Another easy way to get XP is the elimination challenge on Metro Park. This is a 3 minute race, and based on skill (average of 150 points) I was getting close to 3K points per race. If you go this route, I suggest using the Auricom prototype because it will seriously help to prevent you missing weapon pads due to pilot collisions. Once again though, this is based on skill. A bad run (less than 90 points) will only get you around 1.5K or less.

TLDR? Feisar Prototype Challenge if you are better at racing, Metro Park Combat if you are decent at eliminator.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

More fantastic advice. Thanks again, mannjon.

I'm finally at rank 50!