Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to reach Rank 50?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Default How to reach Rank 50?

I've done Elite Pass on all events in the campaign now including the 10 A+-races. I'm halfway through Rank 47 but the problem is that EPs for the events are really low now! I did a Zone 130 on Sol which took me a good 21 minutes and that only gave me 7400 EP. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to gain EP effectively to reach Rank 50? There is a trophy for it plus you unlock the Pirhana Prototype which I would like to race online with. Which Rank were you on when you had Elite Pass on everything?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I was wanting to start a thread about this too because I've ran into the same problem, pretty annoying.

If you don't mind sitting around for a while then an exploit on Sol that allows you to respawn over a bunch of boost pads over and over again still exists, JabbaJaw has a video of that here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKe6j8ubcDA

nu9get Guest

i didn't post this cus maybe wasn't good to do it here on forums, but since it's public whatever

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

My rank actually goes down after some doing some events, weird. Gets annoying after a while seeing something like rank 46 then after the next race you're back on rank 45.

It takes a while to accumulate. I let it run at nighttime when I wasn't playing (will the PS4 overheat?). I don't have it yet, still waiting, but on 2048, you have to start at rank 22 or so. I also don't think I did that until all my progress was lost once, but my memory is bad now so I'm not 100% sure

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    BurnoutSonicGmng

The best I way I found out with grinding to rank 50 was to play the Capital Reach A+ Challenge. It's 10 laps, features lots of boost and weapon pads for the XP, many chances to barrel roll...
    With AG-Systems Speed, avg. XP per race was around 6000. Other option would be to play Zone on Empire Climb with AG-Systems Prototype, but IMO, you can earn the same amount of XP in the challenge in a much shorter time than by playing one round of Zone. It might take some time but playing the A+ Challenge is still faster and more efficient than running Zone Mode.

Also, I was around Rank 46-47 with all Elite Passes. Your ranks may vary depending on your performance and attempts on 2048's Campaign. If you're stuck on something you may have more XP than someone else when you finally pass the event.
    Last edited by BurnoutSonic; 10th June 2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: More info

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I learned about the Sol exploit but I ended up just finding a Combat event I was good at and venting my frustration on some silly Qirex craft for a few hours every day.

The A+ challenges may be more efficient but require too much focus for such an extended period (and the AI get hella cheap in those things too). I found Combat events to be a good, less stressful alternative. I was getting maybe 1,400-1,600 XP for a 2 minute 30 second event where I could just have some fun and not have to worry so much about perfect lines.

Basically, just find something that's easy and doesn't give you a headache, and have some fun. Practice a bit, do whatever.

Addendum

OH, the reason you're levelling up so slowly now is that you only get the pass/elite pass bonuses once per event clear. That's a max of 20,000 bonus XP you can only get once and once you get those medals you can't get those XP bonuses again. That's why it seems to low now. :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

^ I thought that you only got the pass/elite pass bonus once per event in the Vita version as well. Is part of the issue the fact that the Vita version had the online campaign, so extra XP could come from there, while Omega has only the single-player campaign?

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Quote Originally Posted by dontmindlosing View Post
    ^ I thought that you only got the pass/elite pass bonus once per event in the Vita version as well. Is part of the issue the fact that the Vita version had the online campaign, so extra XP could come from there, while Omega has only the single-player campaign?

You do, 10k XP for a pass and another 10k XP for an elite pass. Total of 20k XP per node. The leveling has been scaled so it works with just the single-player campaign, don't know if the remaining ranks is intentional or not but it definitely seems like a mistake.

Finally got to rank 50, just left the game doing the sol exploit for an hour and I was there, so not as bad as the Vita version at least.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I remember reading the devs talk about it whilst Omega was in its beta stage, yes, the need to grind the last 2-3 levels is intentional. It's clearly not as bad as on the Vita (never played it but apparently single player caps out around level 22?) but, yeah.

Go have some fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    ...just left the game doing the sol exploit for an hour and I was there...
    i tried that, but the game gave minus 7000XP instead of plus 13000XP? could you please explain exactly how you did it, in which event and so on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I stick to Zone Mode, especially since the leaderboards for these are apparently separated from the Racebox. Need to defend my 4th place in Metro Park!

nu9get Guest

@JF go on 2050 campaign, the first left grid of events, the SOL TT with 2 laps, i used this one and it worked like a sharm.

use the first 3 or 2 speed pads to fall offtrack and respawn in the same place....then leave it like this

i used scotch tape to hold X

when it's done, go ahead and finish the other lap, don't quit!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@nugget: yeah that was exactly what i was doing, but i used feisar prototype and after completing the event i got negative XP. in the meantime i tried again with pir-hana speed, and succeeded, accumulating 450000XP over night whilst sleeping. i'll do a video step by step explanation for all who don't know this ...
    edit: here it is
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 13th June 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Important question for those of us who do not know: What causes you to lose XP in 2048 campaign? How can I avoid losing it?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Same here! I was one race away from unlocking the beautiful auricom fighter but when I finished the event I was lower than I was before! Is there a reason for this??

Yeah, what's the reason for losing XP?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

If you wanna do it legit, the best thing I found for XP (efficiency wise) was to do the Feisar prototype challenge. Worth a good 4K each run.

Sounds like a plan!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

There's an even better method than that mannjon, capital reach A+ challenge with the feisar prototype or ah sys speed. Average of 6000-7000xp if you hit as many speed pads as possible.