Thread: Van-Uber lore?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Van-Uber lore?

This question mainly goes out to NotEnoughRed and Mooney.

We got that nice bit of lore for why Tigron is back on the track. Is there lore for Van-Uber's return, too?

I love love love the lore in this series! Fingers crossed!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'm working on it...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Scrolling through threads, see "Va-Uber Lore". Then, see Replies:1, Last Post By: infoxicated.

Oh, hell yes.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    atc598

Lets hope the lore is good

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Ooooh, awesome!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

My head canon was that the game shows the 2207 FX350 league (instead of the 2206 season, as in HD) and Van-Über was just late.
    But now I'm looking forward to this :v

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Van uber would just show up late. Probably drank too much. That or their ship exploded in the way to the races from a slight bump.

The hardest super weapon challenges for Fusion in my opinion.
    Last edited by mannjon; 9th June 2017 at 08:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Or it probably took inspiration from Hellfire, in that VU folded then reformed.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    This question mainly goes out to NotEnoughRed and Mooney.

We got that nice bit of lore for why Tigron is back on the track. Is there lore for Van-Uber's return, too?

I love love love the lore in this series! Fingers crossed!
    Hey man.

Not sure about any lore for Van Uber, that ship wasnt handled by us here at clever beans, was done within sony.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Am I the only one who’s tired of not understanding management decisions like that? After all it was realized by people and they probably had some thoughts about it as well. It just always seems like wasted potential to me: Creative people working on related creative stuff but the one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Well... I'm not looking to undermine the Word of God. But as I remember it:

After 2197 (Pure) the FX300 racing league on Makana got so popular that they had to build more tracks elsewhere in the world to stop overcrowding. As they expanded, it was effectively rebranded as the FX350 league to accommodate for the change in location, and by 2206 (HD/Fury) it was announced to be the final transition into a new racing series the following year (which would turn out to be Pulse's FX400).

---------
    So, since HD Fury is between Pure and Pulse, the added teams in Omega would presumably be a retcon that doesn't have to effect Pulse.

We know that Tigron was involved as a sort of training team for Qirex in FX300 for pilots to learn how to fly heavier ships, and that the team and its remnants were dismantled when it fulfilled that purpose. But with the new content, it's revealed that an unknown entity brought Tigron back for FX350.

We also know that Van-Über made an appearance in FX300 but, for one reason or another, didn't transition into FX400. So, with the new content placing them in the FX350, what if Van-Über had always planned to stay, but something happens at the start of FX400 that prevents them from competing? The question being... what made them retire?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Possibly the rise of the combat-oriented events in the FX350 (Fury) caused them to not want to deal with that again, and just backed out of the scene after the FX350?

Or we could go with Charlie's version of events and say they couldn't sustain themselves and ended up becoming bankrupt, but just shift that point to between the FX350 and the FX400 instead of FX300->FX350.

Either way, Rob said he's working on it, so it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

IIRC (and I usually do :v) the FX350 was more or less a test league run in 2206, together with the FX300. I however am not sure if it continued after 2206, or was just run for one year, to test the FX400 craft...

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Possibly the rise of the combat-oriented events in the FX350 (Fury) caused them to not want to deal with that again, and just backed out of the scene after the FX350?

Or we could go with Charlie's version of events and say they couldn't sustain themselves and ended up becoming bankrupt, but just shift that point to between the FX350 and the FX400 instead of FX300->FX350.
    Yup. The team kind of got the short end of the stick by entering the most violent era of AG racing. Wolfgang Van-Über was actually a former AG pilot, and he put his own reputation on the line by establishing his own pacifist team, preferring his pilots to win by putting the purity of the race before anything else (i.e. by using very few, if any, weapons). Considering this, Wolfgang might even have possibly been a retired Auricom pilot, since he shared the same mentality that Auricom's team directors wanted to maintain against all odds.

It's possible that the disadvantage of no weapons would cause the team a fair share of race losses and issues performing under pressure, making sponsors lose confidence and pull funding.

And besides. FX300 had no Eliminator event, and FX350 reintroduced it late on with the Fury upgrades. And then in FX400 they'd made Eliminator a main attraction. What better way to bring a team focused on pure racing to rethink it's place in the league? Even Auricom took some extra time out to finish development of their ship, but there were a few rumours that they were hesitant to rejoin with a slightly more combat-heavy season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Either way, Rob said he's working on it, so it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with!
    Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this! Personally, the lore makes this game series come alive, with the team rivalries and the development of a 150+ year history of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    IIRC (and I usually do :v) the FX350 was more or less a test league run in 2206, together with the FX300. I however am not sure if it continued after 2206, or was just run for one year, to test the FX400 craft...
    Yeah, I don't think it was ever mentioned if FX350 ran simultaneously with FX400 at all.

But I imagine that while FX400 took over as the main event, with the vast changes for the Fury ships the FX350 league became its own entity. Harimau's Fury ship even has "Season 2207" written on the front of the cockpit, but it's entirely different from the one we see in Pulse.