Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for an Omega Collection expansion

How do you calculate your 100.000 number?

We have already discussed this and there’s plenty of parameters not taken into account (people who don’t go online or don’t even play the game, people who buy several copies, discrepancies, etc.).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The parameters we have already discussed, depending on points of view, are 10%-15% better than the 100k sales world wide.
    You can't fudge the online usage/ take up.......the percentage will usually remain the same of total sales........use the online usage and multiply it by 5 at best, that will give you a pretty good perspective of what actual sales are at.

I mean I'd love nothing better for this game to sell in the millions, but Sony USA have done nothing to help that, it has flopped miserably in the USA, 'Infanticide' I think it would be called, if Sony marketing USA were taken to court for the death of a relatives baby due to neglect.

I've been playing Pulse on the psp today. Forgot how good this game is. Would love it if they added all the remaining courses to omega!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Trophy stats can be used to give a rough estimate of sales. As an example, 1.0% have completed the Aftermath Fury campaign. So between 0.95% and 1.05% of players have that trophy.

There's 961 recorded entries in the HD / Single Race / Modesto Heights Reverse / Phantom Class, which is featured in Aftermath, and there's a low chance of having it played in Racebox "randomly". We can take a 1% tolerance on people who did this race randomly on Racebox, or people who have gone that far but didn't get a medal, bringing down the effective number of players who got the Aftermath trophy to 950.

950/0.0095 = 100,000
    950/0.0105 = 90,500

So yeah, the Omega Collection roughly has between 90 and 100k recorded players. As a reminder:
    - This doesn't count people who don't play online with their console (but they represent a minority in the PS4 userbase)
    - There can be multiple accounts for one purchase.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

the 2048 finish campaign trophy is at 36.2% and the last time i checked, there was 39000 people on it

Everyone has their own little guessing method, but I think they all are very restrictive and not empirical enough, and the numbers could be higher than you think.

But there’s no way to find out unless they publish the numbers, which they won’t. It’s all highly speculative, whether you decide to be pessimistic like you, or optimistic like me.

Regardless, even if it sold well, there’s only two outcomes: either they will, or they won’t, make a new game, and sales alone aren’t the decisive factor.

^ Nicely put!

I thought the developer quit years ago? How can they make a new game/new content?

No one quit, Studio Liverpool was closed by Sony.

Clever Beans grinded their teeth on WOOC, now they could work on a new game, potentially hiring some people from the old days in the process.

That would be soooo good if they did!

Aren't some of the devs now in R8games?
    https://www.formulafusiongame.com

I would love extra content, hope it works out

PSN ID
    scalliano

I'll join in on the call for the remainder of Pulse's tracks to be ported over.

Another idea could be a "classic" expansion, adding in tracks from the earlier games. Tracks I'd love to see given the HD treatment:
    Arridos IV
    Korodera
    Firestar
    Talons Reach
    Gare D'Europa
    Mega Mall
    Stanza Inter
    Hi-Fumi
    Manor Top
    Velocitar (if they can get away with it)
    Florian Heights
    Vohl Square

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths_trooper View Post
    Aren't some of the devs now in R8games?
    https://www.formulafusiongame.com
    Only two, both from Studio Leeds that worked on Wipeout 3. None from Studio Liverpool.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by scalliano View Post
    I'll join in on the call for the remainder of Pulse's tracks to be ported over.

Another idea could be a "classic" expansion, adding in tracks from the earlier games. Tracks I'd love to see given the HD treatment:
    Arridos IV
    Korodera
    Firestar
    Talons Reach
    Gare D'Europa
    Mega Mall
    Stanza Inter
    Hi-Fumi
    Manor Top
    Velocitar (if they can get away with it)
    Florian Heights
    Vohl Square
    Oh man, manor top please!!!! Where would you not roll? Those switchbacks in the mid to late section of the track? I wish. I always loved mega mall too. Nothing on Uber Mall, but mega mall felt like a mall. Gare D'Europa would be awesome for rolls too: that straight after the uphill, could probably chain 3-4 if you hit the speed pads right.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I feel like Omega Collection is a solid release and i am one happy wipeout fan who thought he'd never see another release....

...but if we're dreaming...

A Classic pack is something i would LOVE. Just slide it in next to Fury in the campaign select or something, maybe 6 tracks, 2 from each of the original PS1 games. Kind of like WipEout 3: Special Edition had it's classic league option.

But really i would actually prefer if they released a standalone just called WipEout Classic Edition or something and use HD as the base model, but give us content from the original games, like the ship skins and a ton of tracks. Some that have never been remade too. I would love to see Valparaiso from 2097 modelled with the PS4 in mind, the trees, the waterfall. All the art styles kept in tact, just very good looking! Also, some of those original long tracks would be great for Zone mode i'm sure.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlackReign

FutureKubik and I share some of the same wants. Sorry for the direct copy & paste but his words are quite literally the things I would like to see added. Along with a couple of QOL improvements.

- Any Tracks from WO games before WO HD.
    - Play HD/Fury tracks with 2048 game mode(s) and ships
    - Play 2048 tracks in reverse (where physically possible)
    - Play 2048 tracks with HD/Fury game mode(s) and ships
    - Every HUD from every previous iteration available for both game modes
    - Continuous audio option (no stopping/starting when restarting race either) I really hate that it does this currently.
    - Stream own audio/MP3s from the PS4 (they REMOVED it from the PS4 version, why?!?!)
    - More options to choose number of laps in single player race box
    - Custom livery editor
    - Global Lobby lists for online. The region separation is a bit of a pain especially for newer players. The lobby host's region can be indicated on a modified version of the main screen where players choose a lobby.
    - Mark whoever the lobby host is with a recognizable icon or color next to their name. Or add the host's name to the very top of that lobby's menu.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

2048 ships on hd fury tracks wont work, different handling etc etc etc
    2048 tracks in reverse i would love to see, its better than the forward courses (see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZF4MqU7gj0 will do rest except sol soon)
    yup, i would love to see the other HUD's on 2048 too
    custom music was removed due to sony's new policy however you can use usb stick for mp3 background music on ps4 with media player app from PS store

global lobby list i agree 100% with, and it should be default the first time you play online. i see people on forum posts saying "theres nobody playing and nobody joins me" etc its because they are in a different region than EU and when creating a game, it defaults you to the region you are in

when US version was released digitally i kept refreshing the lobby list for 10 minutes after release, there was 0 lobbies... my friend kept saying he created a lobby and i was so confused but then i noticed theres different region lobby lists now

back on the PS3 version it only had a global lobby list but it showed the region you were from in the lobby list

i would like to see a option to show full lobbies too if theres a phantom lobby that is full, i would wait till theres space available
    Last edited by Racingfan; 26th June 2017 at 04:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    GBalao888

I'd say every track from WipEout Pure and WipEout Pulse that isn't in the Omega Collection, such as the following tracks should either be part of a paid "Pure and Pulse Expansion" with new campaign events or as part of a game update.

"The Time Machine Update"

"Pure Expansion" tracks:
    Blue Ridge
    Sinucit
    Citta Nuova
    Koltiwa
    Iridia
    Khara Descent
    Staten Park
    Exostra Run
    Sebenco Peak
    Cardcity Run
    Burgertown
    Paris Hair
    123Klan

(all including reverse variants, so 13 environments and 26 layouts, plus complete with Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator compatibility)

Completing the Pure Campaign will allow all HD/Fury ships to be raced in all 2048 tracks, with the added bonus of HD/Fury Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator available for them.

"Pulse Expansion" tracks:
    Arc Prime
    De Konstruct
    Fort Gale
    Basilico
    Platinum Rush
    Vertica
    Outpost 7
    Edgewinter
    Vostok Reef
    Gemini Dam
    Orcus

Completing the Pulse Campaign will allow all 2048 ships to be raced in all HD/Fury tracks, including all the new ones introduced in the update.

(all including reverse variants, so a total of 11 environments and 22 layouts, plus complete with Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator compatibility)

Total: 24 environments and 48 layouts + 12 environments and 24 layouts = 36 environments and 72 layouts, 46 environments and 92 layouts, including all 2048 tracks

The DLC expansion/update will also come with reverse variants of all 2048 tracks.

Furthermore, a game update should come with Tigron's Fury ships (original Fury, Zone Battle and Chrome Fury), with the capability for Tigron to be used in Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator events.

For Van-Uber, there should be a free DLC pack with the team (for those who didn't get the chance to pre-order the game digitally), bundled with a new Van-Uber Fury ship (original Fury, Zone Battle and Chrome Fury), and accessibility for Van-Uber to be in Zone, Zone Battle and Detonator modes.

Possible stats for the Tigron Fury:
    Speed: 100
    Thrust: 80
    Handling: 80
    Shield: 80
    Total Base Stat: 340/400

Possible stats for the Van-Uber Fury:
    Speed: 90
    Thrust: 90
    Handling: 100
    Shield: 70
    Total Base Stat: 350/400
    Last edited by GBalao888; 10th July 2017 at 06:26 PM.

An idea for WipEout, most probably for a new game:

So, do you know Trackmania Nations? Surely you do. Well, every track in the game has a Bronze, Silver and Gold medal, but also a Nadeo medal, from the name of the developer of the game.

The Nadeo Medal is the best time recorded by a developer from Nadeo. It’s essentially the same as Zico.

And we have so much fun trying to beat Zico. Imagine if there was one on every track!

So what I propose is a "Clever Bean Medal" for each track, and the unlockables/trophies that go with ’em!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

yup i would love to see that

i played trackmania turbo, and each campaign track has a very good time set by developers (200 tracks)

although i havnt played turbo that much, but i did beat 70 of 200 of them