Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for an Omega Collection expansion

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Am I the only one who's happy with it as it is?

I want Wipeout to create something new, not to just recycle old content (Vineta K for example has been in every installment bar one for the last 12 years I believe?).

Seeing as the sales have shown there's still an interest for the series, I'd be far happier to hear that they've had the backing to work on an entirely new game instead of additional content for, what is already, a game jam packed with content to enjoy.
    Last edited by OBH; 13th June 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Courses - all of W3SE but for pure Nostalgia all Cold Storage tunes or at least a custom playlist option.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Most important is for me is just that they don't violate the existing lore

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Quote Originally Posted by OBH View Post
    Am I the only one who's happy with it as it is?
    I am happy with it as it is.

And I want more.

Timezone
    GMT -8

I didn't preorder it and I got the van Uber ship. I bought it from the PlayStation store on June 11.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Cold Storage should be included, on principle.

For 2048 I'd like to see remastered F3600 era tracks. The lore of the series could be maintained by presenting the tracks in such a way that they are not officially completed/cleared for season use - in testing phase, essentially. I mean, in the universe of Wipeout, it's impossible to believe that at least Silverstream or Korodera are not already under construction somewhere during the 2048 -2050 seasons; one's being built out of artificial crystal in $%*&ing Greenland, and the other is being built in the middle of an industrial sector in Moscow.

As for HD/Fury, I'd be happy to see the content from Pure and Pulse that didn't make the cut. Fury versions of the Van-Uber and Tigron would also be greatly appreciated, though they wouldn't exactly need much stat tweaking to be viable on the fury grid - I'm looking at you, Van-Uber.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

as OBH , please no need expansion ... Only new wipeout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing else " et pis cé tout "

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

I would like to see the rest of the tracks with their weather effects from these categories:

Pure Alpha League
    Pure Beta League
    Pure Gamma League
    Pure Delta League
    The rest of Pulse's tracks (including DLC and original Metropia layout)

I also want the Disruption Bolt from Pure, and the Repulsor and Shuriken from Pulse.
    Plus, Head to Head mode from Pulse.

And yes, Omega Collection is good as it is. But, it would be better with more content, new or old. IMO, it would make more sense for Pure and Pulse content to make it. When WOHD came out on PS3, no one complained about old content.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I think DarkRacer sums it up pretty nicely.

Outside of a completely brand-new installment, adding some extras as DLC would be the next-best thing. There's nothing *wrong* with Omega, so why fix what isn't actually broken? (outside of maybe trying to reduce BR spam but I'm bound to get pitchforks for that one lol).

I'd argue that the majority, if not all, of the Pure/Pulse tracks should be brought back. I mean, the mechanics between Pure/Pulse and HD/Fury aren't much different, so the tracks themselves hopefully wouldn't need too much tweaking besides making them more presentable/fixing any exaggerated shortcuts/exploits and whatnot. There are some good tracks that I miss and would love to see in crispy 1080p.

Besides that, why not bring back, or pay homage to, some of the fan-favourite original tracks? One or two tracks from Wipeout, 2097, 3SE and even Fusion (Hey, those tracks can easily abuse mag-strip technology to make sense!) would be great.

Weapons might be pushing it, though I'll admit I do miss the shuriken.

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

I'm more than cool with how it is now, but if they can make more money off me, I'm totally prepared to let them. I'd want to see pretty much any course return from Pure or Pulse that we haven't seen yet. Many of the base Wipeout 3 courses could also be really cool.

Beyond that, any DLC I'd want would be racing focused (not a fan of Fury more than any other Wipeout in the series) and have some campaign portion to it, however minor.

Agree about seeing more of Pure and Pulse. Would love it if they did Fury versions of Tigron and Van uber!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The problem is, and always has been, that tracks designed for one craft handling type aren't usually compatible with craft from another wipeout game.

That's the way the differences were explained about the tracks and the craft handling on HD from the originals by Colin Berry [at the time SL Head Designer ], and was explained again when I asked about what the process was on designing the various tracks and craft for a AG racer, it's a iterative process, when a change in one requires a change in the other, this keeps occurring till they work together.

It has pretty much been confirmed by the Clever Beans guys that this is still the case.

So the process of updating the old tracks to fit current craft types [2048 for example] would be pretty close to taking up just as much time as deigning a new track from scratch.

Logically it would be better, sales wise, if New tracks were to happen, as you can still race on the old ones.....and personally if I were the person making the game, I'd rather have the chance to put my own ideas about track design out there, and I imagine everybody else would feel the same if given the chance.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Reverse the tracks from 2048. Yes, some of them won't work, but they could simply add some mag strips and it would be ok. Go in to speed lap and try taking a track backwards and you'll see the potential. Also CUSTOM MUSIC.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Yep, some of the reverse tracks in 2048 are better than forward

try downtown... its amazing like omggg

i should do a series video of all tracks in reverse, except sol

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZF4MqU7gj0

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Do it in reverse VIEW and I'll watch it. Like a kid looking out the back of the station wagons rear window at the cars behind.

There was a thread in the HD/FURY section that some people felt they had become so good at the game, that they could race it from memory in reverse VIEW, it had videos as well....go on do it, I know you would love to prove you could, and everybody would get a laugh out of it.......it would also prove the point that we know the tracks so well that we NEED NEW ONES!!!!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

haha no

i did one with front view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kQwwa5JVM

im really bad at that view

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The trick is to re map your controls and turn your controller upside down, so you are basically doing the track blindfolded, but don't have to suffer the mirror image of the controls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    haha no

i did one with front view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kQwwa5JVM

im really bad at that view
    Actually that's probably the problem with sales of the Omega Pack in the USA, they do a barrel roll, get confused, and start driving in the wrong direction, subsequently their times don't get recorded, and in fact the Omega pack has sold 20 million copies in the USA, but nobody knows.....hell, somebody should write a tutorial for Americans ....sorry just joking folks, it would be funnier if US sales of the Omega pack were better.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 21st June 2017 at 04:32 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

The Omega collection doesn't sell well here in the USA, because nobody knows it exists! Sony Europe did a great marketing job for this game. But we got nothing here. Hell, our physical versions didn't even get the cool reflective bits in the box art!

I just hope it did well enough to get greenlit for a new one!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Cute blackwiggle, very funny. I'll eat my words if you can manage to beat any of my single lap times though. Do you want me to help you find where all the American barrel roll spots are? They are tougher because we spin the opposite way up here.

Jokes aside though 20 million isn't bad for the US sadly. I was trying to find that info yesterday. Is there a site where I can find that info? I'd be curious to know.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's around 100k sales Worldwide unfortunately.

You can check ONLINE players yourself, each person that plays online has a individual and unique identifying code, it's show when you go to the leader boards, online levels, look to the top right, and that will give the total number of people that have played the Omega pack online....it will say number of records recorded, or something similar.

It's about 1 in 5 people that had bought the game, have, or are playing online.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 21st June 2017 at 04:57 PM.