Thread: Does it support stereoscopic 3D ?

PSN ID
    RagnaRockPT

Default Does it support stereoscopic 3D ?

I don't see this info anywhere.
    Does it support stereoscopic 3D like it did on Wipeout HD on PS3 ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

nope, unfortunately not.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No it doesn't, and that's one thing that I personally am bitterly disappointed about, I was really hoping the added power of the PS4 would have made playing the Omega pack in 3D a better experience than it was on the PS3.

I'm not really surprised, as Sony suddenly dropped all 3D support on is TV's last year, and even the top of the range model that did do 3D was so bad at doing so, that there were huge amounts of complaints to Sony about it, to which Sony's response was, too bad.
    This was brought on by Sony sourcing it's TV panels from LG, which was the real instigator dropping 3D, not as a cost cutting effort, but just because they said people didn't want it, which plainly isn't true, especially to people like me that invested thousands in 3D Bluray movies, easily 100+ titles.
    3D never really took off because free to air TV didn't broadcast in 3D except in rare occasions.

The only new 3D playback device currently available are either 3D capable PC monitors or projectors........I'm looking at getting one of those 4k pixel shifting JVC model PJ's, a friend has one and it looks stunning, and also has a gaming mode, so lag isn't a problem.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ...3D never really took off because free to air TV didn't broadcast in 3D except in rare occasions...
    Over here in Germany we have a TV channel called 'Servus TV HD' which is essentially Red Bull TV, they showed a SBS 3D movie once. It was about the famous 'Isle of Man' race, best 3D experience for me to this day. way over 300km/h in 3D is so shockingly awesome, i literally **** my pants

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That SBS motorbike documentary was called 'Closer to the edge', and yes I have that as 3D Bluray.

There is another 3D Big Wave surfing one, that pretty good as well, bought back memories when I was young and stupid enough to do that stuff myself