Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: they killed the sound completely

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I more and more love these sounds. The starting sequence, the rockets, mines, bombs. Also that clirring when someone is hit by a rocket or missile is great!
    And these board computer voices! I love these of FEISAR and AG-Sys

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

I really enjoy this new sound design. I thought i wouldn't like it but it works very well!
    My only request would have been to have a more dramatic sound when a contender gets eliminated, like in 2097, with a "BANG" so strong that makes you say "oh s*** it gets serious" even if it's behind you.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

I really enjoy the new sounds (with the notable exception of the cannon, it literally sounds like its going "pew pew"), they all sound much more realistic and powerful than before.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I adore the engine sounds, I absolutely love that they're different between teams.
    Ditto the various pickup announcers - though I'd like even more of them if it was possible, maybe even in the home language of the various teams. So far I've noticed japanese, african (sorry I can't be more specific than that) and russian accents. It makes the game world feel more grounded in this world

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They are in the home languages for 2048. English (FEISAR), Japanese (AG-Systems), American (Auricom), Russian (Qirex) and Portuguese (Pir-Hana) For the other teams in HD I think they've tried to assign them a language that would be the closest to where they are located, albeit not entirely successfully. Obviously Icaras having the English accent makes sense, but Triakis having the Japanese one doesn't so much.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Triakis is such a dissonance! A weapons conglomerate making a tank of a craft with a camo paintjob... having a cute Japanese voice as it's readout? XD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i love the new sound of 'leach beam', very transformer-esque

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Recently i´ve noticed birds singing on Moa Therma! Played without background music for some time. Never heard this on PS3. What a love for details, i appreciate that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't have the game, but I've seen a bit of footage now and noticed a few changes. I wouldn't say the sound is all for the worse - in fact, I think they fixed 2048's sounds a lot. On the Vita, the ships sounded like cars, which always bugged me.

But yeah, some of the main weapon sounds are a bit iffy now. Exploding rockets sound like opening a pack of Pringles () and, the 2048 announcers being moved into HD was a mistake IMO - the cheese level is to the point of being more annoying than helpful.

I also can't stand the new music - it's horrible! Of course, everyone's tastes are different, but I had to get it out there...

You get used to the sounds.

Don’t care much for the music either, but there’s workarounds to get yours going instead.