Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: they killed the sound completely

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

Best sounding WipEout to me. I'm glad the ships make some proper noises when passing you or airbraking.
    The lack of cool ship sounds was always one of my main issues with the series, I'm glad they worked on it.
    I also like the soundtrack, although it's a bit on the weaker side of the spectrum.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

i'm glad most of you like it (you must be real robust souls :-)

plasma sound - ridiculous for me
    rockets sound - ridiculous for me
    explosions sound - ridiculous for me
    PISTON SOUND for jet engines - are you serious ?
    and many more ....

Sounds like kinda "t*ys r *s" store for 3 yrs olds for me.
    Tried to play without sound - much better but boring in a way.

i'm out - only solution for me would be a "classic sound pack"
    Since this won't happen - i'm quitting omega - so sad :-(

PSN ID
    stever

I love the style of the new sounds and overall am very happy with them (especially the new boost sound), but there's a real lack of bass on the rocket, missile and bomb explosions. They sound really metallic and have nowhere near the weight of the PS3 HD/Fury equivalents, which really hit home when an explosion went off. I'm playing on a full surround set up with a dedicated subwoofer, so it's not my set up that's at fault. Any chance of altering them a bit?

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brummpahh View Post
    i'm glad most of you like it (you must be real robust souls :-)

plasma sound - ridiculous for me
    rockets sound - ridiculous for me
    explosions sound - ridiculous for me
    PISTON SOUND for jet engines - are you serious ?
    and many more ....

Sounds like kinda "t*ys r *s" store for 3 yrs olds for me.
    Tried to play without sound - much better but boring in a way.

i'm out - only solution for me would be a "classic sound pack"
    Since this won't happen - i'm quitting omega - so sad :-(
    lol you quit a game only for sounds? really?? cmon people you are getting this sound-thingy too srsly....

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Agreed. I'm not in love with the new sounds but in no way is it messing with my enjoyment of the game.
    Quitting altogether seems pretty extreme

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Its a bit different than what Im used to with HD/Fury, but the new sounds have grown on me. I quite like them. I get that its not going to be everyones cup of tea, but quitting all together over sounds is a bit much. The rocket noise is entertaining XD

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

Quote Originally Posted by Knux_Chaotix View Post
    Its a bit different than what Im used to with HD/Fury, but the new sounds have grown on me. I quite like them. I get that its not going to be everyones cup of tea, but quitting all together over sounds is a bit much. The rocket noise is entertaining XD
    I want a tea lauren thx xD , i like the sound too especially the bomb lol

Im totaly in love with the rocket sounds. Whoomp....... Like in terminator 2 the grnade launcher.

I realy liked the bomb or what was it in wo 2097.....huge detonation and the whole screen went white for a second. That was so awesome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

There’s also an option to adjust the sound output to your audio setup in the audio settings menus. I imagine sound effects to be mixed differently to accommodate the output. That may have an effect on how dull or clear the game sounds. I for one do not own any surround sound setup but rely on an old pair of heavy stereo speakers from the 70s with an dedicated amplifier. That’s why I switched the output to „headphones“ which should be a true stereo output from what I understand. I’ll fiddle with the settings though, to get a clearer picture of what these options actually do.

I have no problem with the sound at all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I more and more love these sounds. The starting sequence, the rockets, mines, bombs. Also that clirring when someone is hit by a rocket or missile is great!
    And these board computer voices! I love these of FEISAR and AG-Sys

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

I really enjoy this new sound design. I thought i wouldn't like it but it works very well!
    My only request would have been to have a more dramatic sound when a contender gets eliminated, like in 2097, with a "BANG" so strong that makes you say "oh s*** it gets serious" even if it's behind you.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

I really enjoy the new sounds (with the notable exception of the cannon, it literally sounds like its going "pew pew"), they all sound much more realistic and powerful than before.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I adore the engine sounds, I absolutely love that they're different between teams.
    Ditto the various pickup announcers - though I'd like even more of them if it was possible, maybe even in the home language of the various teams. So far I've noticed japanese, african (sorry I can't be more specific than that) and russian accents. It makes the game world feel more grounded in this world

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They are in the home languages for 2048. English (FEISAR), Japanese (AG-Systems), American (Auricom), Russian (Qirex) and Portuguese (Pir-Hana) For the other teams in HD I think they've tried to assign them a language that would be the closest to where they are located, albeit not entirely successfully. Obviously Icaras having the English accent makes sense, but Triakis having the Japanese one doesn't so much.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Triakis is such a dissonance! A weapons conglomerate making a tank of a craft with a camo paintjob... having a cute Japanese voice as it's readout? XD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i love the new sound of 'leach beam', very transformer-esque

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Recently i´ve noticed birds singing on Moa Therma! Played without background music for some time. Never heard this on PS3. What a love for details, i appreciate that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't have the game, but I've seen a bit of footage now and noticed a few changes. I wouldn't say the sound is all for the worse - in fact, I think they fixed 2048's sounds a lot. On the Vita, the ships sounded like cars, which always bugged me.

But yeah, some of the main weapon sounds are a bit iffy now. Exploding rockets sound like opening a pack of Pringles () and, the 2048 announcers being moved into HD was a mistake IMO - the cheese level is to the point of being more annoying than helpful.

I also can't stand the new music - it's horrible! Of course, everyone's tastes are different, but I had to get it out there...

You get used to the sounds.

Don’t care much for the music either, but there’s workarounds to get yours going instead.