Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: they killed the sound completely

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I can sympathise with that entirely - I wanted to sprinkle in classic WipEout sound effects into the WipEoutZone Retrospective video, but the quality was just awful by today's standards and I only used a couple of them in the end.

Which was probably for the best.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

When played on a good surround system that's calibrated [My surround amp comes with a MIC that you put where you seat, it then sends out test signals to each speaker and calibrates them for delay and volume], the new sound effects give a much clearer aural clue as in what is coming from your rear, from which side, and how close it is, you don't need to use the rear view, it's that clear cut where everything thing is spatially.

Thanks for your input Chris, appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

I wonder if PlayStation Gold/Platinum Wireless Stereo Headset will get a full WipEout support with a special preset in the corresponding app.

PSN ID
    scalliano

I have to say, the juxtaposition of the 2048 and the HD announcer was a bit jarring at first, feeling almost like one of those user-made custom sound replacements that doesn't quite replace everything. However, I do like the way that the 2048 ship computers have been integrated into HD Fury and combined vice versa with the warning messages. Now you can hear exactly what you've picked up AND what's coming at you just by listening to the voice/accent. More information for the player is always good.

Also, great to have the old Amiga 1200 back <3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I love the sound changes!
    Actually I jumped up the first time I heard the mix of the 2097 and WO1 announcer at the starting sequence.
    And this clicking sound of the airbrakes is really sweet

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    El__Cho

Quote Originally Posted by gmrtom7 View Post
    I actually rather like the sound changes; there's a chunkiness in the new barrel roll sound and some of the weapons (the rockets especially whew) that contributes this great heft to the game I'm, of course).
    Same. I also loved new sound fxs on Zone Mode.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I personally like the audio changes. In fact, despite criticism from some, I like to default music list too. It reminds me of a more modern version of the soundtrack for older titles like 2097 or Wip3out. There are a lot of new faces that don't remember the older music, but I think it is a modern take on the older games. Meanwhile. the new sound effects seem updated and I actually like the new rocket noises. It sounds more like a "rocket" should sound.

Think of it like this... the 2048 chapter has different sounds than WOHD. Would you want the sound effects to be different for just that game? I personally like that they have new sounds across the board. It gives the various titles a new more cohesive sound.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    I wonder if PlayStation Gold/Platinum Wireless Stereo Headset will get a full WipEout support with a special preset in the corresponding app.
    This ^ would be fantastic. Sorry for back to back posts too!

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Have really enjoyed the sound changes personally, especially the weapon effects, some very satisfying noises there.